2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank god, the Giants fans around here were unbareable last year

Technically they aren't eliminated from Wild Card contention yet. They are five games back of the Braves with five games left to play.

Yeah, I know, but most "fans" around here gave up on them a while ago

You must be a terribly unhappy person.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Thank god, the Giants fans around here were unbareable last year

Technically they aren't eliminated from Wild Card contention yet. They are five games back of the Braves with five games left to play.

Yeah, I know, but most "fans" around here gave up on them a while ago

You must be a terribly unhappy person.

Actually I'm pretty happy that I don't have to listen to people that have never watched a single baseball game claim to be huge Giants fans, then act like they're God's gift to baseball

Well, it's that time of year again kids. For those of us who aren't part of the unholy East Coast trinity, or don't have a horse in the race, it's time to hitch up. Who are we going with as our bandwagon playoff teams this season? Here are mine in order of preference...

1. Detroit

2. Milwaukee

3. Arizona

4. Atlanta

BB52Big.jpg

1. Brewers

2. Rays, hopefully.

Wow the Rockies are a disappointment, second worst team in the NL since May 1st. Just ahead of the stros who've been beating the fudge out of us.

Congrats to the dbacks didn't think they'd do it this season.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Well, it's that time of year again kids. For those of us who aren't part of the unholy East Coast trinity, or don't have a horse in the race, it's time to hitch up. Who are we going with as our bandwagon playoff teams this season? Here are mine in order of preference...

1. Detroit

2. Milwaukee

3. Arizona

4. Atlanta

1. Rays (obviously, because I'm a fan)

2. Diamondbacks

3. Rangers

4. Brewers

5. Braves

6. Tigers

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Nats were predicted to finish with anywhere between 90 and 100 losses this season.

Wait...what? I know the Nats weren't expected to be good, but I think those predicting a 90-100 loss season were being quite pessimistic. I thought a reasonable goal and expectation going into this season was mid 70s wins. In fact, I would've been disappointed (albeit mildly) if they lost 90 games this season. I think they've lived up to expectations this year. Finishing .500 would be exceeding those expectations.

But yeah...

SWEEEEEEEEEP!

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

1. Detroit

2. Milwaukee

3. Arizona

4. Atlanta

1. Arizona

2. Detroit

3. Milwaukee

4. Texas

5. Atlanta

6. Philadelphia

7. Boston

8. New York

But I'm rooting for Tampa, or even Los Angeles of Anaheim :P , to take the wild card over Boston.

25yzwqg.png

How did "The Welfare Team" get to two games over .500? I thought they were buried deep in the standings.

Not that the Dodgers need to inflate the value of the team any, but will their finishing with a winning record artificially inflate their value for a possible buyer to take the team off MLB's hands?

1. Detroit

2. Milwaukee

3. Arizona

4. Atlanta

So you claim to be an Indians fan but you're jumping on a Detroit bandwaggon for the playoffs? Nice try...I hear a lot of Redsox and rays fans will be rooting for the yankees in the playoffs

Meteors. Meteors everywhere.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived