2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Maybe as an alternate hat. There'd be no reason to ditch the classic A's monogram.

Oh I agree the primary/home will probably keep the long time "A's" on it as they've had for over 95 years of the team's history outside the few years they had the "KC". But I can see the far newer road cap or a third alternate cap getting an "SJ" of some sort (not like the A's haven't had third caps previously). And I'm sure the city leaders in SJ won't object if the A's put "SJ" on at least one of the caps.

headliners-x-new-era-custom-san-jose-giants-golden-state-warriors-59fifty-fitted-caps-2.jpg

Since moving to Oakland, the A's have used the "A's" logo on their cap and nothing else ever. I would hope they keep that and don't change their logo. And I don't know if the SJ Giants would like to have the A's adopt what they already have

Go A's!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe as an alternate hat. There'd be no reason to ditch the classic A's monogram.

Oh I agree the primary/home will probably keep the long time "A's" on it as they've had for over 95 years of the team's history outside the few years they had the "KC". But I can see the far newer road cap or a third alternate cap getting an "SJ" of some sort (not like the A's haven't had third caps previously). And I'm sure the city leaders in SJ won't object if the A's put "SJ" on at least one of the caps.

headliners-x-new-era-custom-san-jose-giants-golden-state-warriors-59fifty-fitted-caps-2.jpg

Since moving to Oakland, the A's have used the "A's" logo on their cap and nothing else ever. I would hope they keep that and don't change their logo. And I don't know if the SJ Giants would like to have the A's adopt what they already have

I'm sure they will keep the "A's" to some extent. But I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one cap with an SJ of some kind. After all the A's would have gone through to get them to San Jose IF they ever get there I'm sure they'd want to maximize the connection to the city they've fought so hard to get to. Whether it'll be identical to the SJ Giants or some other style "SJ" of course is also an open question right now and would depend largely on things like how amicible the A's final arrival in San Jose really is, if the A's would even want to inherit the city's long time baseball logo (that particular logo does predate the SJ Giants if I'm remembering correctly), whether the SJ Giants would sell it on their way out of town (assuming they leave at all as the A's have said they're willing to have the SJ Giants stay in town even after their proposed move to SJ). So there are of course many factors.

Regardless it's still an interesting concept. I wonder if they'll make a version in the away colors (which to my mind is the more likely of the A's two current caps to be changed if/when they move to San Jose seeing as the away cap hasn't been around nearly as long).

I'm sure they will keep the "A's" to some extent. But I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one cap with an SJ of some kind. After all the A's would have gone through to get them to San Jose IF they ever get there I'm sure they'd want to maximize the connection to the city they've fought so hard to get to. Whether it'll be identical to the SJ Giants or some other style "SJ" of course is also an open question right now and would depend largely on things like how amicible the A's final arrival in San Jose really is, if the A's would even want to inherit the city's long time baseball logo (that particular logo does predate the SJ Giants if I'm remembering correctly), whether the SJ Giants would sell it on their way out of town (assuming they leave at all as the A's have said they're willing to have the SJ Giants stay in town even after their proposed move to SJ). So there are of course many factors.

Regardless it's still an interesting concept. I wonder if they'll make a version in the away colors (which to my mind is the more likely of the A's two current caps to be changed if/when they move to San Jose seeing as the away cap hasn't been around nearly as long).

The San Jose Giants will move if the A's come to San Jose, its one of the main reasons they play in that old stadium..

The San Jose Giants will move if the A's come to San Jose, its one of the main reasons they play in that old stadium..

They'll probably move if the A's move into San Jose, but it won't be the A's forcing them out. They've already said they have no intention of moving the SJ Giants out and are more than willing for them to stay in the city. As for why they play in Muni Stadium, it's because it's still a great minor league venue and has been San Jose's baseball stadium for 70 years. That and the city just spend a boatload of cash renovating the place. There's no need to replace it.

Marlins STILL in the black jerseys, even at home. Are they planning on wearing the black or orange jerseys on a set schedule?

And the Astros are wearing grey, breaking the previous years' trends of wearing the brick alt on the road constantly. Major upgrade from the Crane ownership group.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Marlins STILL in the black jerseys, even at home. Are they planning on wearing the black or orange jerseys on a set schedule?

And the Astros are wearing grey, breaking the previous years' trends of wearing the brick alt on the road constantly. Major upgrade from the Crane ownership group.

Marlins should be wearing orange jerseys on Sunday. As a Marlins fan, I'm getting tired of the black jersey. They are nice but they are getting old quick.

Marlins should be wearing orange jerseys on Sunday. As a Marlins fan, I'm getting tired of the black jersey. They are nice but they are getting old quick.

Seems like they're going to be the White Sox wearing the black jerseys majority of the time

What's funny about the Marlins is, they went thru all the trouble of a big re-design, and talked about incorporating all the bright colors of Miami, and here they are in dour black hats and shirts night after night. It's a real dull look, and the worst part is, Miami is a fashion-forward/trendy town, and all-black unis is a trend that is super played-out. Their original all-teal caps look more au courant than what they're wearing.

I think they should've stuck to their original vision of red/orange/yellow/green/blue/silver/black, focus groups be damned, and come up with alternate hats and jerseys in most every color. Throw in undershirts, and there could be almost 300 uniform combinations! Blue/yellow/green for a Brazil shoutout, green/yellow/black for Jamaica, blue/orange/white when the Mets come to town, green/orange/white to honor the Miami Hurricanes. POSSIBILITIES ENDLESS. It's gaudy, it's confusing, it's a total nightmare, but who cares, it's the Marlins, let 'em.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Seems like they're going to be the White Sox wearing the black jerseys majority of the time

What's funny about the Marlins is, they went thru all the trouble of a big re-design, and talked about incorporating all the bright colors of Miami, and here they are in dour black hats and shirts night after night. It's a real dull look, and the worst part is, Miami is a fashion-forward/trendy town, and all-black unis is a trend that is super played-out. Their original all-teal caps look more au courant than what they're wearing.

In reality, they went through this big redesign just to be the same old Marlins. All black, all the time, which is what some people thought would happen after the unveiling. They aren't being the White Sox, they are being the Marlins with a touch of orange ... and the option to use more. Teal has been out of the picture a long time, and people keep forgetting that. Black hats, black jerseys have been the norm for a decade now, if not longer.

Archived