2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

This isn't a logo change, the White Sox are 7 games into the season and still haven't worn the black softball jerseys yet. I think they are among the best alternate jerseys, but when overexposed, the flaws come out. They look very much like batting practice jerseys, being that they don't have any placket piping and just a chest logo. The last few years, the Sox have worn these over 100 times a season. I'm glad we haven't seen them yet, and hopefully they can hold back to wearing them once or twice per week.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't a logo change, the White Sox are 7 games into the season and still haven't worn the black softball jerseys yet. I think they are among the best alternate jerseys, but when overexposed, the flaws come out. They look very much like batting practice jerseys, being that they don't have any placket piping and just a chest logo. The last few years, the Sox have worn these over 100 times a season. I'm glad we haven't seen them yet, and hopefully they can hold back to wearing them once or twice per week.

Buehrle would wear it for every start it appears and now that he's gone, maybe the idea of wearing it so often has gone? And speaking of which, I think Buehrle has only worn the black tops now with Miami.

Go A's!

Buehrle would wear it for every start it appears and now that he's gone, maybe the idea of wearing it so often has gone? And speaking of which, I think Buehrle has only worn the black tops now with Miami.

I think THE MARLINS have only worn the black tops now with Miami... or so it seems...

Marlins home whites with orange undershirts and orange hats... that's a look I'd enjoy...

I saw someone walking around wearing the grey Marlins' road jersey? there's something wrong with mixing the "tradition" of a grey road uniform with Super Marlins Fun Time colors. Good for Miami for trying not to wear them.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Buehrle did wear black for probably 4/5 starts or more, but it was more widespread than him. They would always switch their uniforms after losses, except for the black unis, which they would often wear for consecutive losses. We would go weeks at a time without seeing the white or gray jerseys. Hopefully that is a thing of the past.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Sox are wearing the red 1972 throwbacks for the first time today. They went all out with the red: red cleats, red belts, red undershirts, red batting helmets and even red catcher's great. Kudos to the Sox for doing a throwback right.

They even got the larger numbers on the back of the jerseys right. Good job.

Re: Braves alts

Yes, they do.

Utterly pointless, but good-looking.

These would be great primary uniforms, if only their regular uniforms weren't among the best in baseball.

My feelings exactly, especially on the bolded part. The only way to make it useful is if they dumped one or both of the color alternates and went back to red-brim caps on the road.

But for now, it's a very superfluous uniform, but damned if it doesn't look good.

------------

Loved the (Red) White Sox look today. That throwback is a great change of pace. Much better than seeing those black alts 162 times a year. :lol:

If they really wanted to go all out they'd have installed an astroturf infield!

But seriously folks they executed it really well, even though I'm not a fan of bright red pinstripes on anyone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

When are the Braves going to be wearing the alternate uniforms? It was originally reported they would be worn every Saturday and Sunday home game with the red alternate being worn on every Friday home game. On Friday they wore the regular home uniform (I'm guessing since it was the home opener), Saturday they wore the new alternate, and today they wore the regular home uniform again.

Edit: I just read on Twitter they wore the regular home uniforms because of Jackie Robinson Day. I'm assuming next week will be the normal.

The Sox are wearing the red 1972 throwbacks for the first time today. They went all out with the red: red cleats, red belts, red undershirts, red batting helmets and even red catcher's great. Kudos to the Sox for doing a throwback right.

It's nice to see the Sox doing a throwback right again. One interesting thing, and I don't know if this is only for the Robinson Day jerseys, but the throwbacks today didn't have the MLB logo on the back:

IMG_20120415_150539.jpg

The only letdown was that everyone wore pajama pants... except for Will Ohman, who went full-out with a nice set of stirrups, and though you probably can't tell because my phone is old and the zoom on the camera sucks, his stirrups did have the circled-sock logo on them!

IMG_20120415_153957.jpg

EDIT: via 30fps:

2012-April-15-16-46-36.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

When are the Braves going to be wearing the alternate uniforms? It was originally reported they would be worn every Saturday and Sunday home game with the red alternate being worn on every Friday home game. On Friday they wore the regular home uniform (I'm guessing since it was the home opener), Saturday they wore the new alternate, and today they wore the regular home uniform again.

Edit: I just read on Twitter they wore the regular home uniforms because of Jackie Robinson Day. I'm assuming next week will be the normal.

Red on Friday & Cream on the weekend is probably gonna be normal procedure from here on out.

Red on Friday & Cream on the weekend is probably gonna be normal procedure from here on out.

It's like that every four weeks, man. I hear ya.

Wait, what?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That makes the news or the horribly pointless cream alts even worse. The classic Braves look, which is iconic and a mainstay through 14 straight division titles until they added the red alts in 2005, will now appear at a maximum or 40 games this year. They no longer wear the red-billed cap on the road, and half of their home games will feature bad alternate jerseys. Shame on the Braves for having the right parts but refusing to use them correctly. They need to ditch every alternate jersey and both of the newer hats. Make a navy "Braves" jersey with white-red-white piping and have numbers and wording red with a white outline. Wear it once a week. Oh, and bring back the vertical arch lettering.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived