2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

I find it strange that while Majestic is making throwback jerseys in cream color, New Era is making the caps stark white. This is flip-flopped from the past. In 2001, the White Sox wore the 1917 World Series throwbacks in white, yet the hats were cream. At that time, New Era was supposedly unable to make white caps (the Mets and D-Backs "white" caps were also cream). Why the hell does NE keep making these hats white when they should be using the cream color they used before? Who is overseeing this?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a jersey schedule I made up for my Marlins franchise on The Show

Weekday home day games

Orange hat, orange jersey

Sunday home games

Orange hat, white jersey

All other home games either

Black hat, white jersey

Black hat, black jersey

Sunday away games

Orange hat, grey jersey

All other away games either

Black hat, grey jersey

Black hat, black jersey

I think this would be a good schedule for the Marlins to use in real life. The black jersey would rarely be worn at home, and would be about 50/50 on the road. The orange jersey would look good in the sunlight during day games, and the orange hat would be a nice change on Sundays. In my second season I'm thinking about adding orange hat, orange jersey to weekday road day games

Again, why not?

I have to somewhat agree, however, just the fact that it's still the same price as a regular MLB hat for a blank one just is a bit cringe worthy. Who knows, maybe that'll be the next trend, blank expensive New Era caps. Pick a color, any color!

The Red Sox throwback is the poly hat. NE usually doesn't sell the poly hats in blank (at least before this year).

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying this isn't the same as a blank NE cap you'd find at Lids at the mall.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Red Sox showed of their uniform at the Harvard practice at Fenway Park on April 9. That was the 100th anniversary of the first exhibition game played between the Crimson and the Red Sox.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Red Sox and Majestic have the numbers too low on the back of the jerseys.

Mike Stenhouse '80 and Marcus Way during the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park's inaugural game between Harvard and the Red Sox.

BSB_1112_Fenway_Park_100th_Anniversary_0055.jpg

Mike Stenhouse '80 warms up in a retro Boston Red Sox jersey during the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park's inaugural game between Harvard and the Red Sox.

BSB_1112_Fenway_Park_100th_Anniversary_0058.jpg

Why do they always use 5950s for throwback hats. Use the Ichistyle or something ...

Because, as they always like to point out, the 59Fifty is the official on-field cap for Major League baseball.

Yet they still make plenty of low-crown 59Fiftys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Why do they always use 5950s for throwback hats. Use the Ichistyle or something ...

Because, as they always like to point out, the 59Fifty is the official on-field cap for Major League baseball.

Yet they still make plenty of low-crown 59Fiftys.

Players are free to choose those, but many don't. Which is probably why they didn't make any here. No one on the Red Sox, I don't think at least, wears a low crown.

spacer.png

With the exception of C.J. Wilson, it looks like the entire Angels' lineup is wearing high socks tonight.

0fd9e40ec5d1d2407a3168ef308f6516-getty-143142926.jpg

Very strange to see a catcher wearing high socks.

What a great color matchup that is. The Angels jersey could use some work but that's besides the point, love the palette.

Also Jason Varitek wore knee-highs for the majority of his career up until his last 2 years, it was jarring to see him NOT in knee-highs. Other than that, I have nothing valuable to add on other catchers and their socks. Is it weird seeing Pujols wearing high socks? Picturing it sure is.

Why do they only make the throwback jerseys in the authentic version. I was looking forward to picking up a Red Sox 1912 throwback but there's no way in hell I'm dropping $190 for a blank jersey that's only going to be worn ONCE.

Yanks are selling replicas. Either that or we're going to be seeing them with NOBs for the first time ever tomorrow...

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=12949856&cp=12949855

Anubis.png

Archived