2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in full agreement that the Braves are slowly ruining their great identity. They're one of the teams that having an alternate jersey takes away from their look. I could even tolerate if they kept the red jersey but wore it sparingly. Not seeing the classic home uniforms at all on the weekends is just a horrible decision. I think the all blue set looks really good, but for a team like the Braves it should be used as a BP uniform. The cream alternates look very good as well, but there is no point in having them if you already have a white uniform that looks better.

The Sox red alts/throwbacks look really good. I think their current uniform set is one of the best in the league, but I'm fine with them wearing red on Sundays.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It's not that they look bad so much as they just look redundant. So it's the regular uniform, without the triple-piping and tomahawk that make it an intrinsically impressive uniform and establish continuity with one of the greatest periods of sustained dominance the sport has ever seen. So then really, what's the point? It'd be like if the Cardinals had a cream-colored uniform that didn't have the birds on the bat. It wouldn't look horrible, because the Cardinals script by itself is still pretty good, but why bother? Why dilute the almighty Brand?

Where this design could come in handy might be for the various levels of minor league Braves, where you're almost a full-fledged Brave until you make it to the show and get to wear the tomahawk. For the actual team, it's pointless.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

love the Brooklyn Dodger hats. They used Brooklyn helmets too

6722ba22f1cfa049d07fdae63a376da5-getty-142952365.jpg

Very cool.

It'd be even more cool if that was actually a Brooklyn Dodger logo.</obnoxious_personal_crusade>

the Dodgers updated their title banners this year, and use the regular Brooklyn logo

29ussk8.png

love the Brooklyn Dodger hats. They used Brooklyn helmets too

6722ba22f1cfa049d07fdae63a376da5-getty-142952365.jpg

Very cool.

It'd be even more cool if that was actually a Brooklyn Dodger logo.</obnoxious_personal_crusade>

the Dodgers updated their title banners this year, and use the regular Brooklyn logo

29ussk8.png

I don't think it's the Dodgers' fault that they're using the incorrect Brooklyn logo, I think it's New Era's.

spacer.png

New Braves alts debuted tonight. I think they look pretty good!

PklYK.jpg

I think those would be much better if they used the road caps. That would be the only uniform the road cap would look good with.

The better use for the road caps would be a bonfire.

ts3iF7l.jpg?1

.:Braves...Panthers...Catamounts:.

Red on Friday & Cream on the weekend is probably gonna be normal procedure from here on out.

It's like that every four weeks, man. I hear ya.

Wait, what?

Slow clap, gaining momentum. Full clap.

Nice. POTD on an otherwise slow day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's not that they look bad so much as they just look redundant. So it's the regular uniform, without the triple-piping and tomahawk that make it an intrinsically impressive uniform and establish continuity with one of the greatest periods of sustained dominance the sport has ever seen. So then really, what's the point? It'd be like if the Cardinals had a cream-colored uniform that didn't have the birds on the bat. It wouldn't look horrible, because the Cardinals script by itself is still pretty good, but why bother? Why dilute the almighty Brand?

Where this design could come in handy might be for the various levels of minor league Braves, where you're almost a full-fledged Brave until you make it to the show and get to wear the tomahawk. For the actual team, it's pointless.

Well the new alts are basically the uniforms they wore their last couple of seasons in Milwaukee and their first couple of seasons in Atlanta. I think these are okay if you use them sparingly - as in no more than one game per weekend during home stands (and frankly in place of those red alts they've had for a couple of years).

These would have also made more sense if this was a major anniversary year for the Braves - they should have held these for their 50th season in Atlanta or something like that.

New Braves alts debuted tonight. I think they look pretty good!

PklYK.jpg

I think those would be much better if they used the road caps. That would be the only uniform the road cap would look good with.

The better use for the road caps would be a bonfire.

the road hat is good, especially with the blue jersey, which i realize that most of you hate. I agree that the blue could be changed, like the addition of front and sleeve piping to match the other jerseys, and prob have red letters and numbers, but they arent that bad... honestly its one of my favorites,

With red numbers, letters, tomahawk, and added piping and home cap I wouldn't mind them at all...

with those changes wouldn't it look exactly like the home uniforms?

He's talking about the blue alternates. So no...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

With red numbers, letters, tomahawk, and added piping and home cap I wouldn't mind them at all...

with those changes wouldn't it look exactly like the home uniforms?

He's talking about the blue alternates. So no...

oh yeah that definitely would make more sense. I've never liked it when numbers and letters are the same color as the uniform, with only a small outline.

Archived