2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that block "NEW YORK" is PERFECT...matches the cap most closely.

Not ugly like when they were trying to match the Mets, and not a ripoff of the Yankees' roadies either...perfect look for the set!

bYhYmxh.png

Such a missed opportunity....

WB74u.png

Nobody. NOBODY agrees with you. Why do you insist on posting mockups with that script all the time anyway? It's annoying.

unsure.gifI like it more than the current script, and I really like the current scriptunsure.gif

Can we please just erase 1998-2011 in Mets uni history? KTHANXBI.

With the black jerseys still in the official rotation, it's on life support. Next year, with it's subtraction and the addition of a blue jersey, it will be officially pronounced dead. And no one will come to the funeral.

Such a missed opportunity....

WB74u.png

Nobody. NOBODY agrees with you. Why do you insist on posting mockups with that script all the time anyway? It's annoying.

I actually really like that script as well. I think the current road is perfect as is, but that script would look nice on an alt.

And while I'm a bit late on this, I don't find it too "wrong" for teams to change their look after they've won in it, but only if it's a minor change. Look what happened to the Blue Jays: the 97-02 set was for the most part similar to their WS set (two-tone blue, split-lettered font, a bird on a ball with a maple leaf - all the things you associate the team's glory days with, even though they were executed differently). Ditch all three of those elements (04-11) and the fans make you come crawling back to it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

FWIW, this happened at the Giants game.

casilla413.jpg

Ha.

Whenever I see players in the wrong uniforms (or uniforms backwards) on the field or the court, I have to wonder why anyone didn't say anything to them? Did they not tell him just so he could make a fool of himself?

spacer.png

casilla413.jpg

Ha.

Whenever I see players in the wrong uniforms (or uniforms backwards) on the field or the court, I have to wonder why anyone didn't say anything to them? Did they not tell him just so he could make a fool of himself?

Judging by the mocking from his teammates, I'm gonna say that is very likely the reasoning.

casilla413.jpg

Ha.

Judging by the mocking from his teammates, I'm gonna say that is very likely the reasoning.

They probably switched it while he was getting ready. Still, I just don't get it how you could possibly mess up and go out onto the field in the wrong jersey. Maybe it's just me, but I always double check when I'm dressing that I have all my gear on, didn't forget everything, etc...Yeah, it's probably just me. B)

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I guess it's the same when a player wears a jersey with his last name spelled wrong for a few games (yet again, this is a lot more noticeable). Something similar happened last year with Toronto, except he wore the hat all game:

20110405082112115_3.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived