2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

That was 2010, as part of their 40th anniversary:

4823060588_a3bf88080f.jpg

sanslogo.jpg

I'm not aware of any plans to wear them again, more's the pity.

B-e-a-utiful. I didn't mind the previous set with more green, but these were the best. Really they just need to be navy and gold and wear this set right here.

I liked this Brewers looks, but the green should have been kelly green instead of a darker green. Also, I think it should have been featured more prominently, like in the previous set. Regardless, the team was royal blue and yellow before then and is still royal and yellow in the hearts of most fans. Even with as regionally appropriate as the above jersey was, they should be wearing their classic colors.

Actually I don't think they should use green at all. It made them look too close to the Mariners, only using metallic gold instead of silver.

Yeah, I got that. I don't think that would necessarily be bad to be Mariners-esque. Really though, the silver in the Mariners' set is barely there on the home and road jerseys (only on the compass) and silver mostly looks washed-out anyway, where as the gold on this Brewers set would stand out more and be used as outlines on all numbers and letters. Also, the Germanic font and thick piping would distinguish them adequately from the Mariners. Plus, they are in diferent leagues, although that will mean less next year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree with you and others (I think there are several on here) who said the Mariners should go with a hunter green. If anything, they should lighten the teal a tad. A darker color would not distinguish enough from navy. Plus, I believe navy and teal is pretty unique in sports. They just need to bring back the teal-brimmed cap fulltime (at least at home).

As for the Brewers caps, I think they only had a green-brimmed one during the Motre Bame set. That logo sucked, anyway. I think a kelly green brim would look great with a white-green-gold logo on the cap.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That was 2010, as part of their 40th anniversary:

4823060588_a3bf88080f.jpg

sanslogo.jpg

I'm not aware of any plans to wear them again, more's the pity.

B-e-a-utiful. I didn't mind the previous set with more green, but these were the best. Really they just need to be navy and gold and wear this set right here.

I liked this Brewers looks, but the green should have been kelly green instead of a darker green. Also, I think it should have been featured more prominently, like in the previous set. Regardless, the team was royal blue and yellow before then and is still royal and yellow in the hearts of most fans. Even with as regionally appropriate as the above jersey was, they should be wearing their classic colors.

Actually I don't think they should use green at all. It made them look too close to the Mariners, only using metallic gold instead of silver.

Besides, the Brewers are a 2-color team, blue and gold. Either royal and athletic or navy and metallic.

I couldn't agree more. Those uniforms would have been near-perfect in just navy and metallic gold.

It's probably been mentioned several times already, but I'll give my two cents regarding the Brewers identity. My two favorite Brewers looks are the current set and the "Germanic" set. I think the BiG has it's nostalgic value and is certainly a clever design worthy of "flashback apperances" throughout the season, but it just isn't a very strong identity to me for a team named the "Brewers" based in Milwaukee. The current set has a classic beer manufacturers feel to it and the Germanic set does a good job of paying homage to the region, as well as referencing the German's well documented love for beer and brewing.

The Brewers have it right, right now, IMO.. and even had it right before with the Germanic set. I would just like more use of metallic gold, as it genuinely looks like beer. I'd also like the Swinging Barrel-Man to be more prominent in their identity, but that's because I have a soft spot for cartoonish logos being used as secondary logos. I'd also think it would be neat to see a lederhosen clad beer brewing mascot or even laderhosen themed one-time uniform.

I'd also think it would be neat to see a lederhosen clad beer brewing mascot

bernie-brewer-slide-closeup.jpg

Simpler times here, though he does look a little too close to the gold standard of mascots who look like child molesters, Steely McBeam. At least his name isn't "Steely McBeam."

The mid-'90s Brewers uniforms are good in a vacuum, but then again the mid-'90s Brewers were a vacuum: they sucked in everything! Ah ha ah ha ah ha. I think the general design of that uniform would be good for the Rockies, though, just make it a little less "Germanic."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That 90s Brewers set is where it belongs - in the past. The green just looked bad and the scripts could be at best called "salvageable". The logo was horrid, as well as the alternate. Don't even get me started on this monstrosity:

r_01__________t400.jpg?fd5af0684d698ce74dd4392bafb4f89a6dc66ee3

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'd also like the Swinging Barrel-Man to be more prominent in their identity

My hero.

I think people get tired of me saying that.

bbm_sleevepatch.png

Bring him back!

Where should it be used? That thing is so minor league.

That 90s Brewers set is where it belongs - in the past. The green just looked bad and the scripts could be at best called "salvageable". The logo was horrid, as well as the alternate. Don't even get me started on this monstrosity:

r_01__________t400.jpg?fd5af0684d698ce74dd4392bafb4f89a6dc66ee3

Those unis were used in a game? Those are hideous. It's not like they're the Blue Jays, and can just stick their logo under the script.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Here's some more pictures of those Brewers' unis:

091598boone_579x600.jpg

091798stynes_600x450.jpg

That sure was some thick piping.

That's what I loved about them. The soutache piping was distinct.

Those are the revised set; the 1994 originals had thin piping down the leg, placket and across the sleeves: nothing on the belt loops.

Yeah, that was their first try. They made some tweaks after 1995 and vastly improved the uniforms, including moving their primary from the spleen to the left sleeve.

They also downplayed the green in the tweaked set, which was also a great improvement.

Even so, the update turned them from "monstrosity" to "boring and nothing special".

091798stynes_600x450.jpg

I'm more focused on how gorgeous those Reds unis look, at least compared to the current muddled-down-by-black set.

Yeah, that was their first try. They made some tweaks after 1995 and vastly improved the uniforms, including moving their primary from the spleen to the left sleeve.

They also downplayed the green in the tweaked set, which was also a great improvement.

Even so, the update turned them from "monstrosity" to "boring and nothing special".

091798stynes_600x450.jpg

I'm more focused on how gorgeous those Reds unis look, at least compared to the current muddled-down-by-black set.

That Brewers set is lightyears ahead of the current softball league crap. And the current Reds uniforms are better as well, though still need to ditch the black.

My Reds comment was referencing how much better pure-red looks compared to red muddled by black drop-shadows.

And I disagree about the Brewers' current being "softball league". The 90s set actually looks more like something a bunch of 45 year-old divorced trailer park men would wear in a beer league softball game.

Hmmmm, those Brewers uniforms were just alright for me. I actually have been looking for both the interlocking MB cap and the M cap from that time period.

Are they better than the current set? No

Are they better than the classic 80's set? No

Archived