2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Road to the Show mode in MLB the Show, it automatically has the light blue set as the Rays' road alt for some reason. That jersey looks horrible with the gray road pants. The Marlins, on the other hand, could pull off their orange alts on the road just fine IMO.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

God, the back of the Marlins' jerseys is just ass-and-a-half. And also half-assed.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I bet it's been posted before but this offseason was the best I can remember for uniform changes. For some reason seeing the Mets in their classic sans-black grays tonight really enforced that.

They and Blue Jays took quantum leaps forward, the Orioles went back to their iconic logo and hat along with other good updates, the Braves' new alt is class, the Royals' new road script is an upgrade, and the Padres' new home uniforms are really sharp. Not as sold on the Pads' or Giants' roads, the Marlins' makeover or the Indians further muddling their look but I won't let that ruin the whole lot.

The changes for the good were much better than the negative ones were bad.

Just a lot of positive changes. More games look really great this year.

Let's hope the Astros keep it going in 2013.

PS, I think it's arguable no team has ever upgraded more than the Jays. That's a great look notwithstanding the drek it replaced.

I bet it's been posted before but this offseason was the best I can remember for uniform changes. For some reason seeing the Mets in their classic sans-black grays tonight really enforced that.

They and Blue Jays took quantum leaps forward, the Orioles went back to their iconic logo and hat along with other good updates, the Braves' new alt is class, the Royals' new road script is an upgrade, and the Padres' new home uniforms are really sharp. Not as sold on the Pads' or Giants' roads, the Marlins' makeover or the Indians further muddling their look but I won't let that ruin the whole lot.

PS, I think it's arguable no team has ever upgraded more than the Jays. That's a great look notwithstanding the drek it replaced.

It was a very good offseason overall. I don't like the O's trucker hats, but I think that the trucker hats notwithstanding, they've made an upgrade. The Blue Jays and Mets go without saying, of course, and I love the Braves new alt.

I actually really like the Padres changes, except for the numbers that look pretty out of place on the back (maybe it'll just take time to get used to... I barely ever see the Padres even in highlights, so I'm not used to those numbers at all yet).

The Marlins are what's keeping this from being a great offseason. I just don't like the new identity, though I didn't like the old one either. Taking the old identity and recoloring it into the Dolphins' colors probably would've been their best move, but it's obvious why they didn't want to do that.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

I disagree with most of your points, but agree with your conclusion. The Braves' alt is at best uninspiring and it sucks because its existence means we get to see the Braves' classic home uniform at most 40 times this year. The Royals' new road script is worse. I don't care if it matches the wordmark, it is whispy and doesn't look as good on the jersey. I think the Padres set is bland as hell, and it still ignores the colors the team should be wearing and that the fans want to see - brown and yellow. It's not a downgrade from last year's set, just meh. The Marlins new set was an inspired idea which was half-assed. The Giants' road alt is an ugly, unnecessary nod to an era which didn't need nodding to, and the way they destroyed the classic road uniforms is an abomination. Also, I am "take it or leave it" about the Orioles' home cap.

However, the Orioles improved their look overall with the return of the cartoon bird and the other tweaks. The Mets and Blue Jays improved their uniforms 1000%. Some of the most drastic uniform improvements I can think of. For those two teams alone, baseball is so much better aesthetically than last year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I would like for the Orioles to use the white panel cap with the orange alts only. Use the road hats with the home unis and black alt. And add a new all-black to use with the roads.

Yes, but I beleive Tampa Bay has worn them on the road before...and clearly Miami isn't sticking to a strict home/away alt designation if they wore black at home tonight.

Edit: Found pictures. Ew.

RaysMarlins.png

the black is just listed as an alternate, as the orange is listed as a home alternate, if im not mistaken...

Yanks wearing S&S hats tonight for Military Appreciation night. Mets are not. I'm not a fan of this.

Good for the Mets.

Who would have thought we'd see the Mets respecting their uniform and the Yankees whoring theirs out for a publicity stunt? Where's Rod Serling when you need him?

Yanks wearing S&S hats tonight for Military Appreciation night. Mets are not. I'm not a fan of this.

Good for the Mets.

Who would have thought we'd see the Mets respecting their uniform and the Yankees whoring theirs out for a publicity stunt? Where's Rod Serling when you need him?

...and doing it in a nationally televised game no less!

Anubis.png

Good for the Mets.

I never thought I'd actually miss that :censored: head George Steinbrenner...

Good for the Mets.

I still don't miss him - I think Hal is far more level-headed - though if they stick to this $189 million limit in 2014 no matter how much it hurts the club, I might just start missing George.

That said, I most definitely miss George's insistence on how the Yankee uniform should be worn. For all his warts (and his other positives, for that matter), at least he had a great respect for Yankee tradition.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Good for the Mets.

I still don't miss him - I think Hal is far more level-headed - though if they stick to this $189 million limit in 2014 no matter how much it hurts the club, I might just start missing George.

That said, I most definitely miss George's insistence on how the Yankee uniform should be worn. For all his warts (and his other positives, for that matter), at least he had a great respect for Yankee tradition.

I still miss that bastard and thank him for all he's done to bring the Yankee tradition back. Maybe I could tolerate the camo hat if it didn't look like absolute :censored: for the Yanks. It's seriously the worst of all the S&S hats. And on a team like the Yankees too!? No. It's not okay

Manchester-City-icon.png

If you guys think that is bad, imagine the coronary the Boss would have if he were alive to see Rafael Soriano's antics after each save.

Worse than a subtle (but still obvious) S&S promotion, honestly.

Georgie the Felon got to witness Joba Chamerblain's antics after successful holds.

Nothing new here but seeing my team the Blue Jays playing the Braves this series has disgusted me. Something is VERY wrong when the Braves can go an entire series at home without wearing their masterpiece of a home primary. If Atlanta is money-hungry enough to keep releasing pointless alts that ruin their iconic look, they at least need to cut their use back to CERTAINLY no more than two times every five or so home games.

1985 1989 1991 1992 1993

Time to raise a banner in my lifetime boys!

Archived