2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Nonsense. Pullovers are a fine look, as long as Majestic finally learns how to tailor them correctly.

yeah what's with that? Throwbacks look terribly sized.

Pullovers really should be what baseball teams wear as there's no real practical reason for buttons to be on the front of an athletic shirt, but I just think buttons look better.

I'm sure the players would beg to differ when playing in the July/August heat. Would you rather have a button jersey that breathes or a thick pullover that doesn't? Plus, I'm sure they'd rather not look like a bunch of 12-year-olds.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure the players would beg to differ when playing in the July/August heat. Would you rather have a button jersey that breathes or a thick pullover that doesn't?

As much as I hate baseball pullovers, that's a false choice. They could easily be made out of CoolBase, and it's not like button-downs breathe well through the gaps between buttons.

Seeing as how that option sucks, I'm fine with using i D-Backs, because D-Backs is a proper noun(also why I don't mind all of the Noche latina NBA jerseys)

It doesn't matter if it is a copywritten proper noun which foreign language broadcasts and non-English speaking fans call the team (as if there is a contingent of Italian immigrants in Milwaukee who don't speak English). You are making the jerseys as a nod to a particular culture. The team name should be translated if you are going to do this. The Brewers have always done it right. Los Mets, Los Bulls, El Heat, etc. are pandering crap, screaming "Here you go, Mexicans. Buy our jerseys. We made 'em extra Mexicany for yas!"

And the Diamondbacks jersey is about 1,000 times worse than the "los" jerseys. Those are horribly half-assed, but at least those look like they were planned. This one looks like a typo!

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Lets not forget the last iteration of the spring training/batting practice jerseys were pullovers (with one button at top)

Domo.jpg

So it def could work, even tho it seemed like the wordmarks on these were a but low for some reason.

Also out of all the jerseys that dont fit me anymore due to losin weight, im saddest this one doesn't anymore since they dont have a blue bp jersey no more.

I like the look of pullovers if they're of the cleaner, simpler design. Looks like the Royals, Reds, and the current Stanfords at the college level, etc. It's the gaudy paneled or striped ones like the Padres or Mets that looked bad.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Why are pullovers silly? Because they aren't baseball uniforms. Each sport has its aesthetics which have been defined for decades. A button-up jersey IS a baseball uniform. Pullovers don't "work" for baseball any more than tanktops work for hockey or basketball shorts for for football.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Why are pullovers silly? Because they aren't baseball uniforms. Each sport has its aesthetics which have been defined for decades. A button-up jersey IS a baseball uniform. Pullovers don't "work" for baseball any more than tanktops work for hockey or basketball shorts for for football.

But pullovers were actually used in their sport for over 20 years. Tanktops and shorts have never been used in hockey or football.

It's not ridiculous to think they might one day come back.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'd say there are more functional reasons for those examples. Tanktops on guys falling on ice would be awful. Pullovers, well, they just don't look as good.

I hope they never go back to pullovers. Leave 'em in the 70s and 80s. But if they do, the impact will only be aesthetic.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

But pullovers were actually used in their sport for over 20 years. Tanktops and shorts have never been used in hockey or football.

It's not ridiculous to think they might one day come back.

Thats debatable

SPORTS_sp_bucs_837265.jpg

Anyone notice the Twins have been wearing the M hats with the pinstriped home jerseys more lately? I always thought those were road hats.

Oakland+Athletics+v+Minnesota+Twins+hibfZAV5uC4l.jpg

Oakland+Athletics+v+Minnesota+Twins+3SxtyrB__jHl.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Anyone notice the Twins have been wearing the M hats with the pinstriped home jerseys more lately? I always thought those were road hats.

It's what these jerseys were always meant to be worn with. The TC hat is for the old Twins script with tail throwbacks they wear. The M hat is for the jerseys that have the wordmark to match it...as far as I'm concerned.

It's what these jerseys were always meant to be worn with. The TC hat is for the old Twins script with tail throwbacks they wear. The M hat is for the jerseys that have the wordmark to match it...as far as I'm concerned.

It's definitely a better match, that's for sure.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

They started wearing that for all their games since Memorial Day so maybe it will stay

Go A's!

I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere, but do they have matching helmets?

They started wearing that for all their games since Memorial Day so maybe it will stay

Anubis.png

The M hat does match that jersey well, but I'm still not a huge fan of that cap. Or that wordmark, TBH. It's not a bad looking jersey, but the Twins would look so much better if they went with this combo full time:

new+unis.jpg

(Oh my, probably another opinion that's better fit for the unpopular opinions thread. I might just go ahead and post that there...)

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

And to think, they could've been wearing the BEAUTIFUL combination of Light Blue (Tampa Bay) and Orange (Miami). I was just playing as the Marlins in MLB 12 and the two teams facing off in these uniforms looked incredible IMO.

Yes, but I beleive Tampa Bay has worn them on the road before...and clearly Miami isn't sticking to a strict home/away alt designation if they wore black at home tonight.

Edit: Found pictures. Ew.

RaysMarlins.png

Archived