2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not until someone does it correctly, like back in 60's, when they were actually vests, instead of those oversize cutoff shirts like today.

Agreed. Plus there should be mandates against monstrosities such as wearing only Under Armour/compression shirts underneath them.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Not until someone does it correctly, like back in 60's, when they were actually vests, instead of those oversize cutoff shirts like today.

I don't have a problem with any of the vest that have been around lately. I would like to see a vest of Miami's home jersey with orange shirt and Orange hat. That would be cool.

Agreed. Plus there should be mandates against monstrosities such as wearing only Under Armour/compression shirts underneath them.

Famous Reds slugger Ted Kluszewski didn't wear any sleeves under his vests.

imgTed%20Kluszewski1.jpg

spacer.png

The reds needs to have a vest option again, even as an alt.

The Reds just need those uniforms back, period. Hell, bring back the white pinstripe hat, too.

NO

092298remlinger_509x600.jpg

This would've been fine (though the reversed Creds logo still looks bad) with red hats (as evidenced by the red batting helmets they wore), but the pinstriped hat was the height of a terrible fashion trend of white caps in baseball in the 90's. They were the absolute dumbest looking things in baseball and they wore them 6 GD years and even managed to win a division title and playoff series in them. Yuck.

I was looking for pictures of those Reds uniforms and I found this

092798boone_550x356.jpg

Talk about terrible. Road pinstripes, with a solid gray cap. This is why you always make your cap one of your base colors. It just looks better.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Some more pics from that era. Another Reds jersey that I think is underrated is the home vest with the white cap/red bill. I just love how that looks.

kevin_mitchell_540.jpg

dae6b711-ffc2-4750-9d42-6a306cb952eb.jpgLarkin-1992-UpperDeck-144.jpg

Believe it or not, that pinstriped road uniform looks great with a solid black cap. Also, that gray Pirates cap looks great as a fashion cap. Speaking of the jersey, I actually have that jersey and it looks great in person. Another 90's favorite of mine was that road script. I'm not saying that it should come back, but I still love it.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I loved that Reds set. I own the home cap and I'm not even a fan. I think the hat worked because of the vests - red sleeves, red brim. That look wouldn't work on most teams, but I think it worked for the Reds, being one of the oldest franchises in baseball and having only two official colors (at that time). I love that road set, too.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Some more pics from that era. Another Reds jersey that I think is underrated is the home vest with the white cap/red bill. I just love how that looks.

kevin_mitchell_540.jpg

dae6b711-ffc2-4750-9d42-6a306cb952eb.jpgLarkin-1992-UpperDeck-144.jpg

Believe it or not, that pinstriped road uniform looks great with a solid black cap. Also, that gray Pirates cap looks great as a fashion cap. Speaking of the jersey, I actually have that jersey and it looks great in person. Another 90's favorite of mine was that road script. I'm not saying that it should come back, but I still love it.

Take the last two vests, use the all-red cap, and you have the perfect Cincinnati Reds uniform set.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

There's about 10 uniforms from the Reds past and the current threads that I'd rather them wear than your suggestion. If I was the owner, they'd be dressed like this:

sparky_anderson_reds_1970_20101104150058_640_480.JPG

johnny-bench-hof-1.jpg

If they had never changed in the early 70's they'd still be wearing this and they'd be the red version of the dodgers.

Honorable mentions:

JohnnyBench.jpg?maxwidth=680&maxheight=1000&crop=auto&bgcolor=fffaef&format=jpg&quality=100

barrylarkin-771887.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Now that I notice it, the white C-reds logo does look weird, particularly against pinstripes. I still like the rest of the set, though. Also, I really wish the Reds would go back to the early '90s font (which they used for several sets). It was a block font which was unique to them and much less contrived than their current font.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I like what Sparky is wearing.

Honestly, the Reds to need to start by wearing an all red cap on the road as well. Maybe designated the black bill as an alternate status until it fades out.

I actually like the first two uniforms you posted McCarthy. Nice and simple which was really symbolic of the Big Red Machine's style of play. All baseball, hard working, bold colors, and just pure Reds baseball. I'd still take the vests over those uniforms just for the simple fact that they'd be more unique within baseball since they're vests. It would also add a little more red into their uniforms showing that they are proud to be wearing red. Another cliche might be that vests remind me of the good old-fashioned, roll-up-your-sleeves type baseball like Pete Rose. However, I would have no problems with the Reds going back to that 70's set.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived