2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

145623676-second-baseman-jamey-carroll-of-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qbw4MXJpNuuHlo8KYJUulyA7cIwOai%2beGoInaPCgMbew6MqfDTAbdghAxhEfatcBpw%3d%3d

Either keep these or simply wear the all-navy TC caps on the road (my preference), but either is lightyears better than the navy/red one and greatly improve the overall appearance of the roads. Not road pinstripes good, but better nonetheless.

BTW, seeing top plays on MLB Network, I'm surprised no one mentioned the Brewers were wearing the gold jerseys yesterday. Couldn't see if they were special ones, i.e. German or Spanish, or simply said Brewers.

I didn't realize I was in the minority here, but I absolutely love the red brimmed TC caps. My preference would be to wear the all navy caps with the primary home/roads and then use the red brimmed caps while wearing the navy home and road alts. That would be my ideal look for the Twins.

Side note: the Twins are wearing the m caps once again today with their gray roadies. I can't imagine that this is anything more than a fad right now, however, as the team is playing fairly well outside of when Pavano takes the mound. It would surprise me very much if they went back to wearing the m hats consistently, as the TC logo has become a pretty cool icon for the twins cities.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

They chose 1912 since it was 100 years ago. The whole concept was "Turn Back the Century Day" and they went as far as to have barber shop quartets, people with mega phones yelling out the lineups, and stadium crew dressed in 1910s apparel.

I loved the barbershop quartet the first time I saw it displayed in the John Goodman movie 'The Babe'

The uniforms the Giants wore were really cool fumup.jpg ....similar look with the logo placed on the sleeves like the one that Kevin Costner's (Ray Kinsella) dad, John Kinsella wore at the end of the movie 'Field of Dreams' with the different 'NY' logo which the NY Giants never used. I had always wondered what team movie uniform it was a replica of. Costner's character in the film mentioned that his dad played a bit in the minors.

pic1.jpg

nygiants2jun12.jpg

Thank god those are for tonight. Imagine if that's what they were wearing for Johan's no hitter?

I was thinking that myself. Any other year they're probably wearing the black on a Friday night...

You know what, once or twice a year though, not TERRIBLE to have them. Of course when they're replaced with blue ones next season and don't even exist anymore, I for one won't be mourning them.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

They chose 1912 since it was 100 years ago. The whole concept was "Turn Back the Century Day" and they went as far as to have barber shop quartets, people with mega phones yelling out the lineups, and stadium crew dressed in 1910s apparel.

I loved the barbershop quartet the first time I saw it displayed in the John Goodman movie 'The Babe'

The uniforms the Giants wore were really cool fumup.jpg ....similar look with the logo placed on the sleeves like the one that Kevin Costner's (Ray Kinsella) dad, John Kinsella wore at the end of the movie 'Field of Dreams' with the different 'NY' logo which the NY Giants never used. I had always wondered what team movie uniform it was a replica of. Costner's character in the film mentioned that his dad played a bit in the minors.

pic1.jpg

nygiants2jun12.jpg

He was wearing a Yankee (or highlander) Jersey in the film. They mentioned in the beginning of the movie that he was a Yankee fan, which made Ray a Dodger fan.

Also, I think it's impossible for any man to watch that movie and not tear up at least a little at the end.

Anubis.png

Also, I think it's impossible for any man to watch that movie and not tear up at least a little at the end.

I'm right there with you. The "Hey...Dad??" part and Horner's music in the background. Gets me every time.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The black looks awesome.

Really don't get the hate for it at all. It looks so nice. I hate that stupid cream jersey they have, the black is very underrated.

It adds something to it, and blue and orange is probably one of, it not my favorite color combo. I think the black adds alot and looks really good, I'm going to miss it going away.

2ly2w09.jpg

According to the official Twitter account, the Mets will be wearing the black alts tonight in honor of John Franco.

Did he die?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

no, he's being inducted into the Mets Hall of Fame tonight. Hardly seems worth :censored: ing up the Mets' beautiful uniforms for.

Even if it wasn't added in a shameless merchandise push, black looks awful when paired with royal blue.

Unlike a color like red or orange, blue is too close to black on the grayscale, so it blends in and the color scheme becomes muddy. .

Good riddance.

One thing I really don't like about the Mets black is that the blue and orange are not next to each other. The sheer beauty of those two colors next to each other is unmatched, and the black unis messed that part up.

1985 1989 1991 1992 1993

Time to raise a banner in my lifetime boys!

Archived