2011 NBA Playoffs

Rockstar Matt

Dirk has always been one of my favorite players, and I'm happy he won the Finals. Plus, it's an awesome .GIF. You're reading too deeply into it.

How come other people can make "bandwagon" (for lack of a better term) avatars and sigs and it's all cool, but the second I do it, I get :censored: for it?

I agree, it's an awesome gif. But I think you kind of bandwagoned last NFL season. There are way bigger bandwagoners than you though, I wouldn't even necessarily consider you a bandwagoner, but putting up the Dirk avatar as soon as they won does make you sort of seem like one.

But I'm not calling you out specifically, like I said, there are way bigger bandwagoners. But they are pretty blatant about it (like literally putting bandwagoner in their signature or member title) so you can't really call someone out for being something they blatantly admit.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I'm an honorary Ohioan tomorrow. Thanks!

Maybe you can dot the I and sing Hang on Snoopy in the 4th Quarter now.

Probably not.

Especially because "Hang On Snoopy" isn't a song... it's "Hang On Sloopy." Nice try though.

And my goodness, Cleveland, just let the whole damn thing go. It's a sports figure! Sure I do "sports hate" LeBron James, and don't want to see him win, but I'm not going on about "woe me" or "he's such a jackass" or ":censored: yeah, all Dallas people are now Ohioans!" No, just enough. Listening to my fellow Cleveland fans whine and complain and bitch about LeBron has been really annoying, and I can't stand the negative vibe you've given the whole damn rest of the country about us. Seriously, why can't we act like "The Decision" never happened and just move on with our lives? Some of you still go out of your way to rip on the dude.

I always thought they were saying Hang on Snoopy, I thought it was another Snoopy vs Red Baron song.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Dirk has always been one of my favorite players, and I'm happy he won the Finals. Plus, it's an awesome .GIF. You're reading too deeply into it.

How come other people can make "bandwagon" (for lack of a better term) avatars and sigs and it's all cool, but the second I do it, I get :censored: for it?

Because you rip people for either having multiple favorite teams, or having bandwagon signatures, all the while beating your chest at how much you're a Chargers, Clippers, and Rays fan. But being that you're a said "fan" of each of those teams, I would imagine you'll take any victory you can get.

Though that is an awesome .gif.

Here's the thing. During the playoffs or bowl season, etc., a good number of us jump on "bandwagons." It's an accepted behavior around here. In fact, there are usually a few bandwagon threads in the concepts section where we can pick up a sig or avatar for our bandwagon team. None of us are claiming "lifelong fandom." We're just picking a team to pull for from what's left. With that in mind...

Anyone who's been around here knows that I gave Lights Out (and Drakonius for that matter) as much grief as anyone. That said, on this, Lights Out is right. He gets a ton of flack for doing the exact thing that many of us have done. No one says a thing about it when we do it yet when he does he catches hell. I'm not saying he hasn't done it, but I can't recall Lights Out giving anyone :censored: for a bandwagon sig.

While we're on the subject, Drakonius also caught a lot of flack for having a couple favorite teams; another thing that a lot of other people do around here without catching hell over it. (I'm as guilty of giving Drakonius a hard time over this as anyone.)

My point is simply this: let's not be hypocrites folks.

BB52Big.jpg

Like I said on page 48 or 49 or 50... whatever. Sure, go ahead, be happy that LeBron didn't win this year. But remember, LeBron has just as many rings as the Cavs... and last time I checked, the Cavs still have 0 Championships. Like I said, be happy, but don't go overboard.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

When I was a kid I heard the song an dI thought it was about snoopy . I have never heard the lyrics any differently and I just still thought they were saying Hang on Snoopy.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Report: Several Heat players were partying with the Mavericks after game 6. Anyone else hear of this?

Source

This is how sports should be though- play hard on the court (or field, or rink or whatever), then relax together off it.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Really, SportsCenter? They're playing like 40 minutes of LeBron/Cleveland crap each hour, and barely even touching on, you know, that team who won the finals - Dallas (except for playing that Mark Cuban interview over and over).

I mean that's really not fair that the Heat lost the finals - yet get all of ESPN's TV time.

On that note, I'm changing the channel. :rolleyes:

This is because ESPN has lost quite a bit of it's credibility in the fact that they cover sports and teams evenly.

They said they were starting a West Coast SportsCenter in Los Angeles to end the East Coast Bias rumors that tagged the network's show for years. I remember them saying The West coast will feature highlights of all west coast teams from all the sports.

- Apparently someone forgot to tell SportsCenter and ESPN that there are more teams on the West Coast besides the Los Angeles Lakers. Yes, SC did show a few more highlights of the teams from the West Coast, but if there's one small itsy bitsy story about the Lakers it's magnified 20x by Sports Center.

I was afraid that SC/ESPN would go bonkers overboard with the Heat "Dynasty" talk and more if the Heat won, but now that they lost I'm starting to think they "failure" talk on the 'big three' may be worse.

And what's really not right is I've only seen ONE highlight and a five minute discussion on the Mavs accomplishment, which is usually followed by some "LeBron and the Heat" story, comment, etc. Maybe Dallas needs to win another championship next year. But if it's against Miami next year the crap won't stop.

As far as LeBron's "At the end of the day" comment: That sounds like frustration. Picture getting bombarded with the same question of the failure and all that stuff from everyone. But in reality -y he brought in on himself, a his comments are going to make things worse not better. He's doing this to himself and he has no one to blame but himself. Sure the media could lighten up, but that's about as likely as a three million pigs with wings flying in formation.

I didn't like his comments, and I thought in Cleveland he seemed confident in himself, and that maybe he was different than some of the big superstar arrogant players, but this, this begins to solidify that he is arrogant and cares for no one but himself. I don't know him so I have no idea if it this is true, but if he was a family member of mine and he said that... he'd be on his own.

Just remember most guys that have to take cheap shots at others are just denying their own personal problems. He needs to learn and memorize this saying "Before you can succeed you must learn to fail" and maybe he'll learn that failing is not just the game itself but the whole package - on and off the court. I though the "Jokes" or stunts he pulled between games or during the games were immature and sophomoric. Let's put it this way, I'm not a fan of his, and won't be if or until he changes his attitude.

Then again, my attitude and perception of the NBA on a whole is not a positive one. I hope that changes one day soon.

LeBron did some major damage control after his PR rep broke something off in his ass, but it still sounds in-genuine and forced. He'd be better off saying nothing at all.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Report: Several Heat players were partying with the Mavericks after game 6. Anyone else hear of this?

Source

So lemme get this straight..... The Mavericks win the title in Miami. Then proceed to invade the same nightclub where LeBron's momma was arrested, WITH trophy in-hand, WITH various members of the Miami Heat???

:lol:

6uXNWAo.png

Source

So lemme get this straight..... The Mavericks win the title in Miami. Then proceed to invade the same nightclub where LeBron's momma was arrested, WITH trophy in-hand, WITH various members of the Miami Heat???

Apparently, I saw on various channels today so it must be legit.

Source

I wouldn't be surprised at that at all. Just because they play against each other in the Finals doesn't mean they aren't friends in real life. The season's over, anyway - it's not uncommon for players from different teams to fraternize during the off-season. During the season, I guess that would be kind of weirder though.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Source

I wouldn't be surprised at that at all. Just because they play against each other in the Finals doesn't mean they aren't friends in real life. The season's over, anyway - it's not uncommon for players from different teams to fraternize during the off-season. During the season, I guess that would be kind of weirder though.

I think what Dampier & company did was pretty tacky, and if he played for my team, I'm pretty sure I'd want him gone. Just because it's the "offseason", doesn't mean it's in good taste to go out and git krunk with the team that just crushed your team and their fans' championship dreams. Yeah, they all might be friends off the court, but like a company picnic, it was the Mavericks' time and place to celebrate. Just think of how Boston fans would feel had Paul Pierce had went out clubbing with the Lakers the night the C's lost Game 7 of the Finals last year. Kind of the same thing, right?

6uXNWAo.png

Source

I think what Dampier & company did was pretty tacky, and if he played for my team, I'm pretty sure I'd want him gone. Just because it's the "offseason", doesn't mean it's in good taste to go out and git krunk with the team that just crushed your team and their fans' championship dreams. Yeah, they all might be friends off the court, but like a company picnic, it was the Mavericks' time and place to celebrate. Just think of how Boston fans would feel had Paul Pierce had went out clubbing with the Lakers the night the C's lost Game 7 of the Finals last year. Kind of the same thing, right?

Outside of BronBron, Wade, and Bosh, aren't the Heat just a cobbled together pile of low-rent mercenaries anyway? I'm not sure how much loyalty you can expect if your players sense they could be easily replaced with nary a second thought.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He didn't, they are just like most minor league teams who need "bits" to get publicity, attention, and attendance. That along with cheap beer and cheap/free parking. The internet and pop culture are the greatest tool for a MiLB marketing director.

But they ended dollar beer night a couple of years ago.

Today, we are all otaku.

I just saw this on ESPN. Robert Horry's Daughter, Ashlyn, 17, dies. Man, that's awful. Just awful. My thoughts go out to Robert and his family.

EDIT: Reading through the comments on that ESPN story, someone posted another story of Horry. It's a real interesting read. Robert Horry

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived