2011 NBA Playoffs

Rockstar Matt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's official: Brian Scalabrine still has more rings than LeBron. Life is good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I want to see if anyone else noticed this:

When the Heat hit that three and the Mavs called time, Haslem walk not toward the bench but to half court towards the scorers table with his arm raised and his fingers signaling "three" - Haslem walked straight in front of Stevenson or whoever that Mavs player was. That's when Stevenson did the forearm shove.

What I don't get is ABC/ESPN didn't show or comment on Haslem's arm in the air. I know it's not much of anything, but if I was Stevenson, it would piss me off too. There's no reason for Haslem to do that.

Did Miami not learn anything from the Game 2 debacle? When Wade hit the three to go up 15 - Wade kept his post arm release in the air for a good chunk after the basket and did it right in front of the Mavs bench. I'd say they did, but then I heard about the making fun of Dirk's injury/illness before Game 5.

I don't know if anything was a true taunt,maybe the post-shot release hold - though I don't really know. But everything that occured with that kind of stuff with both teams was stupid and I think it's why the NBA gets a "Thug" league label.

Maybe I'm not understanding the NBA, and don't get me started with "The Decision" and the press conference that introduced Wade, Lebron and Bosh had - though I'd think that's on the Miami Organization. I don't know, I guess I'm from the old school where you just go about your business - Shut up and play the game. I know the whole thing about defending your teammates, but you exact the best revenge by winning and not getting into the extracurricular.

Oh, and they actually called a few travels in this years playoffs : :shocked:

And I've not met David Stern, but I really don't like his attitude towards for a few reasons.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Even though I know there's a few different emotions going on in my post. :)

I was rooting for the Mavs just b/c of all the media hoopla of the summer about LeBron and company. At least this summer it's gonna be about Dirk, though I'm still afraid it will be blown out of proportion and dragged on and on. I mean they were even talking about Kobe a lot of the first half - Kobe is "enjoying" his summer, he ain't of the court in Miami.

I'll refrain from the childish Heat schadenfreude.

I won't, but not here.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Forget the collapse of the Heat, more than anything I am extremely happy to see Dirk Nowitzki finally get himself an NBA championship and cap it off by winning Finals MVP, rounding out a first-ballot Hall Of Fame career.

6uXNWAo.png

Forget the collapse of the Heat, more than anything I am extremely happy to see Dirk Nowitzki finally get himself an NBA championship and cap it off by winning Finals MVP, rounding out a first-ballot Hall Of Fame career.

Yep. Considering his achievements back in Germany & in international play as well (in addition to his excellent NBA career), he's walking into the Hall as soon as he's eligible. Easily.

Congrats to the Mavs. I don't ever remember a Finals where the general public was so decisively in favor of one team over the other. Who the hell would want South Beach to get a title? They can drown their sorrows in hurricanes and ecstasy.

I also don't remember a team so packed with veterans that have never one a title. Kidd, Nowitzki, Marion, Peja, Jason Terry, Chandler. I said awhile ago this is probably the hungriest team in the NBA playoffs. No motivation needed for these guys, and come crunch time if seemed like they came through every single time.

Also get ready for your second lockout of the year. I think the NBA and the players are even further apart then the NFL and their players are.

I'm also impressed that DAL was able to pull this off without Caron Butler for much of this season and obviously the playoffs. Having him healthy would have made a huge difference, which they apparently didn't even need. Wow.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Congrats to the Mavs and Mav's fans everywhere on the NBA Championship. Well deserved. I'll give Mark Cuban a lot of credit too. Aside from some of his antics, he embodies the sports fan. Like the Hair Club For Men commercials where the guy says, "I'm not just the president, I'm also a client." I feel Cuban is the same way. He doesn't just own the Mavs, he is also the teams biggest fan. You can't want more than that being fans of a team. So kudos to the Mavs, the City of Dallas, the area of North Texas, and Mavericks fans. Enjoy the celebration! grinning.gif

packchampionslfroh.png

Very happy for Mark Cuban and Dirk Nowitzki, as well as the other veterans like Jason Terry and Jason Kidd that finally have a ring now. And even more amused that they beat LeBron and the rest of the Big Three to do it. More superstars might converge in different cities to try and win a championship, but it still holds true, even in the NBA, that the best "team" will always win.

Hahaha, I'm enjoying this so much right now.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Remember when we were laughing at the thought of a Mavs championship? I guess the Dirk choker think will end now! He carried his team on his back. I'm so happy for Dallas. Very happy for J-Kidd, sorry my Nets couldn't get you that ring, but I was rooting you on to win it this year, and you delivered.

Well put. I can't really describe how I feel. Tears for my parents, who were big Mavs fans. And the simple knowledge that no matter what this franchise does from this point on....nothing can erase this. 2011 NBA Champions. the Dallas Mavericks.

newsig.jpg

Can't believe the Mavs are pulling this off in a MIAMI CLUB!

Cuban = AWESOME.

If I was an owner, I'd be just like Cuban. If I had the money to pay for the fines, you know I'd be running my mouth off and doing stuff like this. Hell, maybe I'd tell Stern to go :censored: himself in a press conference.

Archived