2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

I like the Suns jerseys actually. Could do without the orange alt though. I wonder how a black alt with orange side piping would look.

I'm watching the Raptors preseason game right now. First off the Raps have a new court. Red paint. All Red. It looks very unique as the red is vibrant.

What's very unique is the baseline paint where it says RAPTORS. They angled it, and painted in a way where it looks like a billboard. Cool Illusion. Apparently the Raptors needed NBA approval to use the 3D logo.

Twitter link to pic

http://twitter.com/#!/niroworld/status/148467749570617345/photo/1/large

I'm watching too, I actually thought that was a billboard at first, lol. And the new court does look good. The NBA needs to stop with the minimalist court stuff.

Me too. Not quite feeling it though, since I think a court should look the way it is designed from any perspective, including the players'.

The paint also doesn't include the college lines.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching the Raptors preseason game right now. First off the Raps have a new court. Red paint. All Red. It looks very unique as the red is vibrant.

What's very unique is the baseline paint where it says RAPTORS. They angled it, and painted in a way where it looks like a billboard. Cool Illusion. Apparently the Raptors needed NBA approval to use the 3D logo.

Twitter link to pic

That is so cool. More teams need to do that.

spacer.png

The courts as a whole in the NBA are so boring these days. Bring back the Hornets' gradient parquet court, the Rockets' mid-'90s court with the rocket blasting off, etc. And bring back the gaudy warmups too. The NBA needs to stop taking itself so seriously.

Taking themselves too seriously? I think it's the opposite. Unpainted courts look amateurish as hell, like a local rec center. That is the opposite of professionalism.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Twitter link to pic

That is so cool. More teams need to do that.

Don't worry ... everyone will start doing it now.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

125ideu.jpg

That is seriously messing with mynperception. Looks like it really is propped up or is superimposed. Is there another view that can show that it IS in fact painted on?

Check where the refs foot is (over the S), and where the two cameramen's feet (over the P and OR).

spacer.png

Raptors really need a color scheme to call their own. I don't care for the Dino Blazers.

I hate that effect. I don't like my head messed with in this manner.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Raptors really need a color scheme to call their own. I don't care for the Dino Blazers.

Agreed. They look terrible. They need to add a nice unique color like purple to their scheme. Paul Lukas' world would probably come crashing down though.

90758391980.gif

Agreed. They look terrible. They need to add a nice unique color like purple to their scheme. Paul Lukas' world would probably come crashing down though.

What about Maroon & Orange? That was the color scheme I was planning for them in my years-old NBA Redesign that kinda faded away.

What about Maroon & Orange? That was the color scheme I was planning for them in my years-old NBA Redesign that kinda faded away.

That could be nice. I like those colors for VT and it'd certainly be unique for a professional team.

90758391980.gif

125ideu.jpg

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a really cool idea, on the other hand it looks stupid with people standing on it and viewing it from another perspective. It messes with my head.

Perhaps NBA can deal away with ads on the scorers table and use them on the side from now on? Just a thought.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived