2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

Rockets 45th season logo

content12_CampaignLaunch.jpg

45 seasons of Rockets Basketball: Houston Rockets Basketball brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department

I think it's actually pretty decent considering they are using the same basketball used in the famous logo during the championships years, just faced down. Left out the pajama years which is fine with me. actually if someone could throw a concept together with the basketball in this direction and the new logo where the orbit connects to the line of the basketball I think you have an awesome mid court logo, if not primary.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Jazz green alts. I love the green, but I kinda wish the side panels were gold or white.

AgPvqloCIAAdQWG.jpg

AgPujzICQAMkl0_.jpg

Wow. These are easily the best unis in the Jazz current line-up. Gold or white side panels would make them look too much like the Packers (or the Sonics, as previously mentioned), IMO.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Going through the Media Central section today and noticed some things in the uniform section. The Hornets alternate uniform is not in there and my God....you all will be in for a major surprise on some of the throwbacks and the special uniforms teams are wearing this season.

Another thing that bugged me was that with this format last year, none of the uniforms were updated with alternates. Anyone know if this will be fixed or updated??

They've excluded the shorts for a lot of them too, and a lot of the alternates even from last year are missing (Wolves, Hornets, etc). The new alts probably won't even get in there.

The shorts I am not bummed about too much. I totally forgot about the Wolves black alternates. Damn shame it won't be updated...

You mean...this one?:

MinnesotaTimberwolves_JFV3a_2011-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

MinnesotaTimberwolves_JBV3a_2011-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Yeah - the Media Central site only updates a fraction of what the Creative Services Dept. actually produces...

Going through the Media Central section today and noticed some things in the uniform section. The Hornets alternate uniform is not in there and my God....you all will be in for a major surprise on some of the throwbacks and the special uniforms teams are wearing this season.

Another thing that bugged me was that with this format last year, none of the uniforms were updated with alternates. Anyone know if this will be fixed or updated??

They've excluded the shorts for a lot of them too, and a lot of the alternates even from last year are missing (Wolves, Hornets, etc). The new alts probably won't even get in there.

The shorts I am not bummed about too much. I totally forgot about the Wolves black alternates. Damn shame it won't be updated...

You mean...this one?:

MinnesotaTimberwolves_JFV3a_2011-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

MinnesotaTimberwolves_JBV3a_2011-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Yeah - the Media Central site only updates a fraction of what the Creative Services Dept. actually produces...

That would be it, sir. I think that the Media Central site has gone a bit down hill as of late. I remember for the 2009-2010 season, as teams unveiled alternates, it was updated. Now the past two seasons, newer alternates are not there. We already know about Utah and Sacramento and those are not included.

Posted at Lebron's facebook page

388022_10150480756519124_284300559123_8560199_1730325859_n.jpg

Heat's black on black

Yup that is officially in the Miami Heat uniform set for this season, as well as a usual Latin Nights uniform and a 6th (yes a SIXTH) uniform. Way too many uniforms.

But, when you have the #1 drawing team in the league why not throw out 20 different jerseys? They sell! The Cavs were geniuses!

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Alec Burks in the new Jazz jersey (with white shorts...):

Utah-Jazz-Media-Day-7-sg.jpg

I actually like the blue side panels. Hopefully this jersey replaces the current roadies in the next couple years.

Hmm, must not have the green shorts ready yet or something. There's some other pictures on the Jazz facebook page that also have players wearing the green jersey with the white shorts.

Anyways, that jersey just keeps growing on me (and I already liked it to begin with). Really nice, I wouldn't mind at all if they scrapped the navy jersey altogether and just had a white home/green road set.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Alec Burks in the new Jazz jersey (with white shorts...):

Utah-Jazz-Media-Day-7-sg.jpg

I actually like the blue side panels. Hopefully this jersey replaces the current roadies in the next couple years.

Hmm, must not have the green shorts ready yet or something. There's some other pictures on the Jazz facebook page that also have players wearing the green jersey with the white shorts.

Anyways, that jersey just keeps growing on me (and I already liked it to begin with). Really nice, I wouldn't mind at all if they scrapped the navy jersey altogether and just had a white home/green road set.

I actually like the complete set that the Jazz has. Perfection with all three uniforms.

Heat's black on black

Yup that is officially in the Miami Heat uniform set for this season, as well as a usual Latin Nights uniform and a 6th (yes a SIXTH) uniform. Way too many uniforms.

I wonder why the Heat didn't wear these last year. They wore them in promotional shots.

Heat's black on black

I wonder why the Heat didn't wear these last year. They wore them in promotional shots.

Guess I might as well give in and show you...

389787_10150519245945110_631125109_10869371_1734517467_n.jpg

You know, for being a team in Miami, you'd think they'd make the Spanish on the jersey correct.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It is correct. Since's it's the name of an organization, it doesn't change to El Caliente.

Other teams have fully translated the text. Take the Brewers, for example.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived