2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

Add me to the list of those who really like the Kings' new alts. Hope this design gets implemented on new home and purple alternate jerseys next season.

Im on the bandwagon here as well, could have done without the curl coming out of the front of the K though IMO.

DLWatt.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

am i the only one who doesnt like the new kings black uni?

the script just doesnt do it for me.

No, I agree. The retro script really clashes with the modern design of the uniform and the custom numbers. It seems arbitrarily forced into the uniform in an effort to be "different". If they really wanted a black uniform, why not throw back to the most successful era in Kings history?

kings16_resize.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Jazz wore their new green alts tonight. It's a shame the Sixers didn't wear their red jerseys. I want to see more color vs. color.

708815.jpg

I agree. Even though Christmas is behind us, it's still the holidays and a red vs. green matchup would still have been appropriate for the time of the year.

The Jazz duds look good, and I really like how the gold trim stands out among all that dark green and navy.

I don't know if there has been any word on the nex Sixers third. SO here it is:

6521901633_8157850a0d_o.png

gotta say that looks awesome. much better than the road reds. wouldn't mind one bit if they switched that to their primary.

The single-color wordmark / number thing works much better with the darker blue base than with their normal red and white jerseys.

It'd be cool if the jersey said PHILA, or if they made this the primary road and put PHILA on the red jersey for the alt.

EDIT: this photo really shows the biggest flaw with these jerseys, and that's the contemporary sleeve / collar treatment. If you're going ultra-minimalist with the rest of the design, then the sleeve and collar should a more traditional style.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

will Harwood Classics appear in 2011-2012 season?

the heat will be wearing Miami Floridan jerseys

Dexter Pittman:

page2_ri_heat-jersey_mb_400.jpg

Historical inauthenticity aside, that set works really nicely with the Heat's overall identity, especially as a counterpoint to the 'back in black.' The purple / orange add bright color in an opposite way, and they are certainly 'hot' colors, bringing some reminscence of the gradient on the original Heat logo.

am i the only one who doesnt like the new kings black uni?

the script just doesnt do it for me.

No, I agree. The retro script really clashes with the modern design of the uniform and the custom numbers. It seems arbitrarily forced into the uniform in an effort to be

"different". If they really wanted a black uniform, why not throw back to the most successful era in Kings history?

kings16_resize.jpg

Hard to believe, but it's now 10 years since theyve worn that. I miss that uni, but most of all, that team :(.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Wizards are wearing their primary road jerseys at home tonight for the first time in franchise history.

I'm normally against home teams wearing color in the NBA, but I have to admit the red Wiz jerseys look great on their home floor. The Celtics look wrong in white jerseys on the road, though. I wouldn't want to see this become a regular thing.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived