L.A. Clippers concept

CS85

Here's my first ever basketball concept. I decided to go with the Clippers, who's current uni set look weird and boring. I decided to try and save them from RWB while still keeping within the realm of their identity. The blue I went with is sort of a sky blue, the red I candied a bit. I ditched the clippers flying ball, instead going with a very basic looking C around a basketball. I'm still getting a handle on the pen tool so the ball came out kind of weird. Anyway, I tied in some fairly modern striping while keeping it pretty clean. Let me know if I'm cooking with gas or swung and missed.

cliplogo.jpg

home

cliphome.jpg

road 1

cliproad.jpg

road 2

clipalt.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I agree with DeFrank, The red seems a little bit off and the "C" in the secondary seems to me like you forgot to finish a border the ball. But all in all, I love this concept, nice job.

nyjets.pngHabs_button.jpg

UConn Huskies 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Champions

After giving it a second look the red was supposed to be more red, not pink lol but my laptop may have weird colors. I forgot about the Los Angeles on the roads. Thanks for the feedback everybody!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Clips are definately a team that could pull off a sky blue look, and you've done a good job of executing here. Only criticism would be a stronger primary logo; maybe work a ship in there? The secondary is quite nice, very Chicago Cubs-ish, I would just make the C thicker or the ball smaller. Nice work overall. 8/10.

sig.png

You didn't fix the biggest problem I have with their uniforms: the blue trim on their wordmark only goes around the outside and not the inside of the letters. It makes it look like a cheap patch that a child drew.

clippers should move back to san diego and change their logo

How is it possible for someone who has been here since 2005 to add so little in all this time?

Maybe because he has a life and doesn't have to comment on every little thing such as when a team adds black.

For colors, I'd pair the sky with a "Clippers claret."

As for that "C-ball" secondary: I'm liking the idea, but I agree with previous posters about the "incomplete border." A full-on "border" for the ball would be thicker and two-toned, split via a continuation of two seams at about the 2:00 and 4:00 positions. The "C" portion would be claret, and the rest a lighter hue, like a silver.

OR...how about having the balance of this "border" covered by a stylized sail?

Love where the concept's going so far, CS85...do keep at it! :)

[447]

How is it possible for someone who has been here since 2005 to add so little in all this time?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its not because he's watching Cartoon Network all the time. He probably has a j-o-b. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=job)

90758391980.gif

Maybe because he has a life and doesn't have to comment on every little thing such as when a team adds black.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its not because he's watching Cartoon Network all the time. He probably has a j-o-b. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=job)

Both of you completely missed the point of my post.

This seancarter guy literally only comes to the forums to post either "this concept sux" or unrelated comments on concept threads, without any constructive criticism whatsoever. The vast majority of us here have lives and jobs but that doesn't stop us from putting thought into our posts.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived