2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baylor has to make it a track meet. Most teams do not play defense.

Baylor went 9-3 in the regular season and the Tech game in Arlington was considered a home game so they think they are 8-0 at home. But lost games to K-State since they could not either the run or pass.

EDIT: UW Two plays and and a TD? How can anyone love this as a sport?

This is a beautiful game. These aren't teams playing bad defense, it's teams offenses executing to perfection.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Baylor has to make it a track meet. Most teams do not play defense.

Baylor went 9-3 in the regular season and the Tech game in Arlington was considered a home game so they think they are 8-0 at home. But lost games to K-State since they could not either the run or pass.

EDIT: UW Two plays and and a TD? How can anyone love this as a sport?

It's not like every game is like this one. And for a guy who apparently has no use for college football, you sure post in this thread an awful lot. If you don't like it, why are you watching it? And talking about it?

BB52Big.jpg

This game is hilariously awesome!

You don't need great defense for a game to be great.

Agreed, and defensive slugfests are rarely as good as advertised.

And that's exactly why I'm not going to watch the BCS title game. I was falling asleep by halftime of LSU-Bama Part 1 and I'm not going to go through that again. Nevermind the fact that Bama shouldn't even be getting a second shot...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Okay guys, let's be honest: what kind of game would you rather watch for a National Championship? A game like this? Or a game like LSU-Bama this year?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Sick of that 9-6 game hate, like that's what it's going to be like on the 9th. I hope it's 3-0 to spite you all. :P

Wasn't it Marshall 64 East Carolina 61 the highest scoring Bowl Game of all time? That went to double overtime as well.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Sick of that 9-6 game hate, like that's what it's going to be like on the 9th. I hope it's 3-0 to spite you all. :P

Actually, I hope it's 3-0 as well, firstly to illustrate the folly of putting us through that boring matchup again, and secondly to punish the BCS with decreasing ratings as people change the channel in disgust.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Actually, I hope it's 3-0 as well, firstly to illustrate the folly of putting us through that boring matchup again, and secondly to punish the BCS with decreasing ratings as people change the channel in disgust.

Well I think it's the end of the BCS era soon anyways, this year proved that point. Honestly though 20-17 is more realistic of a score.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Well I think it's the end of the BCS era soon anyways, this year proved that point. Honestly though 20-17 is more realistic of a score.

I think so too. I doubt we'll see another 9-6 game, but I would rather Ok St be in the game. I'm thinking 21-14, LSU, or 28-7 Bama.

Okay guys, let's be honest: what kind of game would you rather watch for a National Championship? A game like this? Or a game like LSU-Bama this year?

LSU-Alabama, easily.

Why? Simple: There's no pressure on Baylor or Washington on winning/losing this game. Nothing's at stake. If you win, great; if not, no big deal....you got a week-long vacation out of it.

The LSU-Alabama game back in November had what seemed to be a lot at stake. The loser, under normal circumstances, loses their opportunity to play for the National Championship.

Give me the pressure-packed defensive struggle over a carefree offensive shootout any day of the week.

And, as I said before...these shootouts are fun to watch when they're relatively rare occurrences. When it's a near-weekly thing, they vastly lose their luster.

Archived