2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

I don't get the hate here...I like infrared, but he was representing the Buckeyes. The good thing about him, however, is that he provides an honest view of the team- unlike most Ohio State fans I have come across.

I agree OSU fans are the most annoying you'll find, but right now he's proving to be just like the rest of them which is why I called him out. He was a buckeye fan, but now that someone has called him out on that he doe's the whole "oh I really don't care about them" excuse. That is why I dislike him, he's a front runner.

Did you miss the emphasis on "that" in his post? He was saying, or my interpretation of it anyways, is that he doesn't follow them closely enough to know or care whether or not some idiot fans are going to take legal action against Pryor or Tressel.

He's certainly not a front runner... I think I remember him arguing against Ohio State playing in the National Championship game one year.

So he's not a fan of Ohio State then, but he likes the Tigers, Cardinals, and Brewers. What do those teams have in common?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the hate here...I like infrared, but he was representing the Buckeyes. The good thing about him, however, is that he provides an honest view of the team- unlike most Ohio State fans I have come across.

I agree OSU fans are the most annoying you'll find, but right now he's proving to be just like the rest of them which is why I called him out. He was a buckeye fan, but now that someone has called him out on that he doe's the whole "oh I really don't care about them" excuse. That is why I dislike him, he's a front runner.

Did you miss the emphasis on "that" in his post? He was saying, or my interpretation of it anyways, is that he doesn't follow them closely enough to know or care whether or not some idiot fans are going to take legal action against Pryor or Tressel.

He's certainly not a front runner... I think I remember him arguing against Ohio State playing in the National Championship game one year.

So he's not a fan of Ohio State then, but he likes the Tigers, Cardinals, and Brewers. What do those teams have in common?

He's rooting for them come playoff time?

Realize that not everyone from the general Cleveland area is as much as an insufferable homer as you.

I don't believe he's been on here claiming to be a fan of any of them.

IUe6Hvh.png

Btw South Carolina really made a statement after that extremely disappointing loss to Auburn. Makes me wonder what would have happened if Shaw played QB all year. I spend a lot of time down in SC so I tend to root for them, hopefully they can still win the SEC.

nah, man...infrared is pretty level headed when it comes to Ohio State. Obviously a fan, but he doesn't have his head stuck up his ass to where he won't tell you the truth about Ohio State when it gets bad. It's not that he doesn't care, he is just being honest.

yeah, I hope Shaw provides a spark to our team...they seemed to really rally around him today after a couple of strikes. We have the talent to do big things and until today, we have just looked pretty average...hopefully this is a new start for our team. Where do you visit in SC?

Realize that not everyone from the general Cleveland area is as much as an insufferable homer as you.

Yeah you say I'm a homer, but I openly say that the Browns and Cavs are terrible. Since you stalk every post I make, I'm surprised you haven't noticed that!

He's explained many times why he doesn't claim to be an Indians fan anymore... it's because of chest-thumping, annoying trolls such as yourself. You're like Tommy from Quinzee but for losing teams.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Yeah you say I'm a homer, but I openly say that the Browns and Cavs are terrible. Since you stalk every post I make, I'm surprised you haven't noticed that!

No, trust me, I'm not.

It's just that your tendency to Clevelandjack threads and throw around insults at my country tend to make you hard to ignore.

No, trust me, I'm not.

It's just that your tendency to Clevelandjack threads and throw around insults at my country tend to make you hard to ignore.

Who brought up Cleveland here? You did. I never mentioned any team from the city, and same happens with other threads. As for insulting Canada, its a two way street. Well people are going to run around and brag about winning the gold in hockey and beating Saint Lucia in soccer, its annoying. To try to read NHL threads about moving every team to Canada is annoying. To hear about the CFL being better than the NFL, is annoying. I have no problem with Canada and am actually 25% Canadian, but when I hear people trying to talk down on the US it is a complete insult!

Yeah you say I'm a homer, but I openly say that the Browns and Cavs are terrible.

LOL... how else could you possibly describe those teams? They aren't exactly worldbeaters.

You did inordinately hype up the mirage Indians for months, though.

How are the Indians a mirage? Out of all my pro teams, the Indians are the ones I'm going to brag about. They were leading the division for most of the year, started off 30-15, and if it weren't for injuries to Hafner, Sizemore, Choo, Kipnis, Laporta, and Tomlin we would have been in it to the end. It just comes down to bad luck, and was out of anyone's control. Do you know in August they were fielding lineups with only 2 starters from opening day? How many teams would be able to make the playoffs like that? How do you think Detroit would do if come game 1 they start the game with Cabrera, Verlander, and 7 AAA players? We have a solid young team that's set for years.

Now I'm only defending myself, this is a college football thread, so keep it that way. I never brought up Cleveland, you people did!

No, trust me, I'm not.

Who brought up Cleveland here? You did. I never mentioned any team from the city, and same happens with other threads. As for insulting Canada, its a two way street. Well people are going to run around and brag about winning the gold in hockey and beating Saint Lucia in soccer, its annoying. To try to read NHL threads about moving every team to Canada is annoying. To hear about the CFL being better than the NFL, is annoying. I have no problem with Canada and am actually 25% Canadian, but when I hear people trying to talk down on the US it is a complete insult!

Sorry, no. I'm not the one that turned the MLB Season thread into the Cleveland Indians thread for a few days.

As for the Canadian thing, what, we're not allowed to celebrate our team winning the gold medal in hockey?

No one talks about moving every American hockey team to Canada, and no one says the CFL is better then the NFL. You're imagining we say that, but no one actually is.

As for beating Saint Lucia, guess what? Canada's national soccer team sucks! Beating anyone 7-0 is a reason to celebrate. No one's saying Canada's soccer tea is elite because of that win, or even objectively good. Just that we're excited to see a game where our soccer team was successful, because it's a very rare occurrence.

So really no one is talking down to the United States. You're imagining insults were there are none.

Now back to NCAA football. The shootout between VT and Miami has been very exciting.

Wheres the guy calling FIU the next Boise? Haha lookimg like that today!!!

1. They're a good program. I still think Spleen meant program and not team.

2. 27-17, have a nice day.

3. WTF is "lookimg"? Spelling ... it's not hard.

4. Can you stop posting? You're not even worth the effort of an ignore.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Wheres the guy calling FIU the next Boise? Haha lookimg like that today!!!

1. They're a good program. I still think Spleen meant program and not team.

2. 27-17, have a nice day.

3. WTF is "lookimg"? Spelling ... it's not hard.

4. Can you stop posting? You're not even worth the effort of an ignore.

27-17 against one of the worst teams in college football. Not to mention Akron was only down 3 in the 4th.

Go ahead and try to argue that Akron is a good team, I will be glad to prove you wrong.

27-17 against one of the worst teams in college football. Not to mention Akron was only down 3 in the 4th.

Go ahead and try to argue that Akron is a good team, I will be glad to prove you wrong.

Crap team or not, you ignored my main point, they're a good program (for the resources they have). A win is a win and nowhere did I say Akron was good nor did I imply it.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I have this feeling that whoever wins the Auburn/Arkansas tilt will end up at #3 in the country on Sunday, behind LSU and Alabama. Beating tough opponents should be rewarded.

I still can't get past Auburn's narrow "win" over Utah State in week 1.

I have this feeling that whoever wins the Auburn/Arkansas tilt will end up at #3 in the country on Sunday, behind LSU and Alabama. Beating tough opponents should be rewarded.

After seeing what Oklahoma did to Texas at a nuetral location, It's pretty safe to say that they're not going to drop from the top 3.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

After seeing what Oklahoma did to Texas at a nuetral location, It's pretty safe to say that they're not going to drop from the top 3.

Again, beating tough opponents should be rewarded. Is Texas an SEC team? If not, they're not a tough opponent. Sorry, but I can't put a team from a second-rate conference like the Big 12 or Big Ten at the same level as an SEC team. That's like saying an NL team should be put on the same level as the much-superior AL. Just doesn't work that way.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived