2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Not really sure why you think the name is fitting for LMJ

Because LMJ is an Oregon player and Mathieu isn't.

I just want him to have some sort of nickname. God knows he's earned it. I'll give him the name The Atomic Bomb, because of how explosive he is! Get it? Explosive! Anyone....no? Ok sorry.

"Danny Amendola"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honey Badger for Mathieu works.

The Atomic Bomb? I see your reasoning but it doesn't sound like a nickname that flows when an announcer says it. "The atomic bomb takes the handoff," just sounds forced and doesn't flow at all. Hell even The Bomb just sounds like a terrible early 00's nba jam nickname. Take it or leave it but LMJ doesn't have a nickname and dislocating an elbow and popping it back in doesn't warrant "The Honey Badger" I've seen adult league hockey players pop shoulders back into place ad keep playing hockey, it's not as big of a deal. Not saying LMJ isn't tough but it's not like he's super human. This is coming from an Oregon and LMJ fan.

"Black Mamba" works cause its been his nickname since he was a little kid in Pop Warner, and well when Snoop Dogg gives you a nickname, you kinda go with it and embrace it.

Just cause LMJ doesn't have a nickname isn't the end of the world. Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford, hell Mark Ingram didn't and it doesn't stop them from being good. If anything it's a cheap way out but James' only universal nickname is LMJ, it's what people most type when discussing him.

spacer.png

Indiana is not having "a real good time".

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Dear Brady Hoke and Al Borges,

Thank you for ruining Denard Robinson. MANBALL forever.

Signed,

The Rest of the Big Ten

Today, we are all otaku.

Classic Ron Zook game.

Today, we are all otaku.

Illinois was really disappointing today. They lost a game where Braxton Miller only completed 1 pass (and it went for a touchdown.) They're definitely not #16 in the country. And Ron Zook is still an idiot. I stand by my comment last week that Zook should only be allowed to recruit and not have any control at all during the actual game. Our defense is good but the offense definitely needs work. Oh well, at least the guys from our house at Ohio State that came were pretty cool, had a good time with them last night and this morning before the game.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It feels like it's been two months since the Buckeyes won a game. But I'll gladly take it. I'd love to go on and on over how my team just knocked off the #16 team in the country, but Illinois is the 16th best team in the country about as much as Michigan is the 11th best.

Thank you Ron Zook. A win is a win is a win. Especially when you manage to win that game without an offense and a high school coach as your head coach. Look out Meineke Car Care of Texas Bowl, here we come! :D

BB52Big.jpg

The UW Huskies are now 5-1 after a 52-24 win over Colorado. I wouldn't say they have a signature win -- their biggest game was a 13-point loss to Nebraska -- but they're 3-0 in conference play with Stanford, Arizona and Oregon coming up. If they can be 6-3 after those three games, I'd take it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

A deplorable performance for Wisconsin today. I mean, only beating Indiana by 52? LSU and/or Alabama would have beaten them by 100.

No they would'nt. No way a team scores over 70 anymore in this day and age.

Allow me to point you in the direction of last year's Indiana-Wisconsin tilt.

Today, we are all otaku.

Bunch of big upsets today...

Michigan State beat Michigan & Virginia beat Georgia Tech... Today is a good day in Charlottesville!!! Wa Hoo Wa!!!

Sparty was favored and GT really had not been tested. Those two, along with Zook being Zook against tOSU prove that those three teams were ranked higher than they deserved to be. With Clemson struggling early, by the end of the night, teams ranked from 10 - Others Receiving Votes could all be interchangeable.

Bunch of big upsets today...

Michigan State beat Michigan & Virginia beat Georgia Tech... Today is a good day in Charlottesville!!! Wa Hoo Wa!!!

Sparty was favored and GT really had not been tested. Those two, along with Zook being Zook against tOSU prove that those three teams were ranked higher than they deserved to be. With Clemson struggling early, by the end of the night, teams ranked from 10 - Others Receiving Votes could all be interchangeable.

Exactly. The rankings are really just a list of who has the most wins and least losses among the teams from BCS conferences. Going into this weekend, Florida wasn't ranked while Illinois sat at #16. How many people here would bet on the the Illini beating the Gators if they played? How many people here would take #11 Michigan over #24 in the AP Poll (unranked in the USA Today Poll) Auburn? Who wants Illinois over unranked USC? And so on...

BB52Big.jpg

A deplorable performance for Wisconsin today. I mean, only beating Indiana by 52? LSU and/or Alabama would have beaten them by 100.

No they would'nt. No way a team scores over 70 anymore in this day and age.

Allow me to point you in the direction of last year's Indiana-Wisconsin tilt.

I know the game. What I'm saying is if Bama played Indiana in a non conference game, Saban isn't going to put 100 on them. They would be respectful against a barely (if ever) played opponent, and not run it up to 100.

spacer.png

Archived