2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Boise dropped 63 points on Colorado State. That's... uh... unexpected, considering Coach Pete never runs up the score that badly on anyone.

Yeah, what a joke. the WAC was stiffer competition than this :P

Peterson will pull his starters out after the first quarter against UNLV-UNM-Wyoming i bet

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

So Boise dropped 63 points on Colorado State. That's... uh... unexpected, considering Coach Pete never runs up the score that badly on anyone.

Same team gave up 38 to San Jose State at home who in winning there broke a 13-game road losing streak. Sonny Lubick retired and that program has gone away quickly.

If Clemson wins, Dabo is coach of the year or Chad Morris will win the Frank Broyles Award for Assistant Coaches.

Same team gave up 38 to San Jose State at home who in winning there broke a 13-game road losing streak. Sonny Lubick retired and that program has gone away quickly.

I believe in Steve Fairchild. He's recruited well and getting some good young talent in with Gilmore and Thomas. He just needs another year and he should bring CSU back to respectability.

spacer.png

Bunch of big upsets today...

Michigan State beat Michigan & Virginia beat Georgia Tech... Today is a good day in Charlottesville!!! Wa Hoo Wa!!!

Sparty was favored and GT really had not been tested. Those two, along with Zook being Zook against tOSU prove that those three teams were ranked higher than they deserved to be. With Clemson struggling early, by the end of the night, teams ranked from 10 - Others Receiving Votes could all be interchangeable.

Exactly. The rankings are really just a list of who has the most wins and least losses among the teams from BCS conferences. Going into this weekend, Florida wasn't ranked while Illinois sat at #16. How many people here would bet on the the Illini beating the Gators if they played? How many people here would take #11 Michigan over #24 in the AP Poll (unranked in the USA Today Poll) Auburn? Who wants Illinois over unranked USC? And so on...

Exactly. I haven't seen Georgia Tech play but I bet they're in the same boat as Illinois and Michigan. These are just BCS teams that had won all of their games in relatively easy first half of the season. It really takes a while for the rankings to accurately place the top 25 teams.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It actually started happening before Lubick retired. That's why he was forced out as head coach.

IUe6Hvh.png

It actually started happening before Lubick retired. That's why he was forced out as head coach.

Yeah, CSU has been on a downward spiral since like 2005-ish. Making a bowl game in 2008 was just pure luck. They were 6-6 overall and 4-4 in conference play. If it weren't for everyone but Utah, BYU and TCU being really bad that year, they would have been lucky to win 4 games. Unless they somehow are able to win at least 6 games this year, Fairchild will probably be fired at the end of the year.

jNTsTyQ.png

No they would'nt. No way a team scores over 70 anymore in this day and age.

Allow me to point you in the direction of last year's Indiana-Wisconsin tilt.

I know the game. What I'm saying is if Bama played Indiana in a non conference game, Saban isn't going to put 100 on them. They would be respectful against a barely (if ever) played opponent, and not run it up to 100.

The hell they wouldn't.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I see one Bama TD in the 4th, 2 Bama TDs in the 3rd and they won 49-7, I wouldn't say that was exactly "running it up" and I also still don't see Bama putting up 100 on an opponent. I only see a 49-7 win.

That's what will said that LSU & Bama would put 100 up against Indiana.

spacer.png

I see one Bama TD in the 4th, 2 Bama TDs in the 3rd and they won 49-7, I wouldn't say that was exactly "running it up" and I also still don't see Bama putting up 100 on an opponent. I only see a 49-7 win.

That's what will said that LSU & Bama would put 100 up against Indiana.

3 TDs in the 2nd half compared to 4 in the first. And Michigan State has a much better defense. That's why it stayed under a 100-not some considerations about honor or player safety.

/Seriously, you think Nick Saban would take his foot off the gas pedal? You really don't follow college football, do you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bunch of big upsets today...

Michigan State beat Michigan & Virginia beat Georgia Tech... Today is a good day in Charlottesville!!! Wa Hoo Wa!!!

Georgia Tech losses should never count as upsets if the team that beats them is coming off a bye week. They made a deal with the devil when they went with the triple option, and this is the price they have to pay.

Props to Virginia, though. 4-2 with several winnable games left on the schedule.

Tough game for ASU last night. They hung around for as long as they could, but Oregon was just faster, made better 2nd half adjustments, and it didn't help that Erickson made some bad decisions too. I didn't expect the Sun Devils to win, but they played very well considering. And hell, I almost think it would have been closer if Thomas didn't get hurt. The speed Oregon's back-up QB brought to the option in that second half just confused and killed ASU.

Ah well. More than likely ASU should win the Pac-12 South, and could possibly win out to the Pac-12 Championship game. ASU still has a shot at this thing. The tough thing with that though is no matter what, they'll probably be on the road. If it's Oregon, then who knows, hard to beat a team twice in a season. If it's Stanford, ASU was closer against Stanford last year than they were with Oregon even (probably should have won that Stanford game, honestly), so that'll be an interesting match-up. If somehow Washington pulled this off, there would be the possibility of ASU hosting the game, and I'd be confident that ASU could win that and go on to the Rose Bowl.

Long way to go before it's sorted out, but ASU will get another shot at this thing. Go Devils.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived