NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

The 2011-12 season? Nothing changed. They're still discussing 2012-13...

Latest draft rumor: Versteeg or Carle + #8 to Colorado for #2. Philly apparently wants Landeskog bad

If Kris Versteeg goes to Denver, he's probably going to end up having played for five teams in three years (surely a deadline move because the Avs will be terrible). Kind of a dubious career for someone who seemed for all the world to be a top 6 cornerstone.

Everyone was excited when the Flyers got him, but the chemistry just seemed to go down the drain once he got here. IIRC, that's when they started their big slide that took them from #1 by a lot to #2 and nearly #4.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see Vokoun in Tampa Bay or in Phoenix.

After watching Bryz in the playoffs, I wouldn't pay the guy 51 million.

I could live with a tandem of Roloson and Vokoun. Something about Mike Smith has always bugged me, never panned out to what he was hyped out to be.

First trade of the day.

To Toronto

D John-Michael Liles

To Colorado

2nd Round Pick

I feel like this means they're freeing up a spot for Larsson.

If the Avs are smart that's what they're doing. Well see if they do take Larsson.

spacer.png

First trade of the day.

To Toronto

D John-Michael Liles

To Colorado

2nd Round Pick

I feel like this means they're freeing up a spot for Larsson.

If the Avs are smart that's what they're doing. Well see if they do take Larsson.

If the Oilers are smart they'd take Larsson, who is probably more NHL ready then Hedman was and Hedman's turned into a great pick albeit three years down the road.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

For everyone that is getting on Brian Burke right now, try this on for size:

Kaberle=Joe Colborne, J-M Liles, and a 1st round pick

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I dont like the Liles trade at all. First of all, my wife is screaming about it, and i'll have a headache lol. Second, if it is just to take Larsson, Larsson isnt a number one defenseman right now. They traded away another young d-man last year in Shattenkirk. I really dont like the job Greg Sherman is doing. They also just traded away a 4 million dollar defenseman when they need to spend to get to the floor. The Avs better days are long gone thats for sure.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

@dantencer:(Oilers radio host)

Hearing that Brian Campbell has been dealt from Chicago to Columbus...

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yowza, Columbus. Chicago frees up cap room and gets out from under that awful contract, and Columbus has a front-line d-man.

McCarthy will be sporting a I <3 Howson shirt come Monday morning.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Who on Columbus has a bad contract to swap with Chicago for? Soup's contract is god-afwul. Until TSN confirms this I'm calling shenanigans.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Who on Columbus has a bad contract to swap with Chicago for? Soup's contract is god-afwul. Until TSN confirms this I'm calling shenanigans.

Howson has denied it... for now.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

ESPNChiHawks: I was told Campbell was asked to waive it (ntc) and he said NO..campbell has not been traded as of this moment.

TheFourthPeriod David Pagnotta

Per @Aportzline the Blue Jackets have not, as of now, made a trade for Campbell. There are other teams in mix.

http://twitter.com/#!/TheFourthPeriod

Aportzline‎ Told reports that Blackhawks D Brian Campbell refused to waive his no-trade clause for #CBJ are inaccurate. This from high source in #CBJ.

- twitter
Brian Campbell was asked to waive his no-trade clause and declined, according to ESPN's Jesse Rogers.

That is might related to a rumor floating around that Columbus and Chicago were talking about a trade involving Campbell. He comes with a $7.140 million annual cap hit through the 2015-16 season, which is a big problem for Chicago because they already have cheaper and arguably better offensive defensemen in Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook. Additionally, Campbell might be more likely to return to the 50-point milestone if he's on a team that can give him more ice time with the man advantage. It seems like a trade would make sense for both Chicago and Campbell in the long run, but it looks like it won't happen. We'll let you know if anything changes.

- espn
Campbell was traded along with a 2012 2nd rounder to the Columbus Blue-Jackets on June 24th 2011 for Mike Commodore and a 5th round pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft.
- per wikipedia... haha.
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Kypreos is saying Smyth to the Oilers for Brule and a pick.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Excuse me, Brent Seabrook is an offensive defenseman? Whatever you say, Jesse Rogers.

Yeah...Rogers is a numbnuts, I very reluctantly added that espn blurb. Until I hear official word that Campbell did or did not implement his NTC, I'm not believing anything.

twitter

Archived