The NFL has alternate uniforms figured out

Kevin W.

^ Just out of curiosity, what type of numbers would you have the Ravens replace their current ones with? (And no, I ain't tryna start anything here. :P)

Varsity block would suffice, but maybe something like what the Pittsburgh Pirates use. I feel like there could be kind of a baroque, ornate feel to the Ravens. I just hate that Ravens/Diamondbacks/Mariners/Wizards style of numbers that I assocate with like every mediocre '90s design. Kirsty, which is sort of close to what the LA Kings use, could work.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh great, Nike's already starting with their :censored:...

Denson revealed that Nike's NFL contract begins next April and that's when Nike will start pumping out products for retail.

So I asked Denson the all-important question: How much will you change it up?

"We're going to be aggressive," Denson said. "Some teams are willing to go further than others."]

This probably won't end well.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Denson revealed that Nike's NFL contract begins next April and that's when Nike will start pumping out products for retail.

"We're going to be aggressive," Denson said. "Some teams are willing to go further than others."

Insert "That's what she said"-type joke for the bolded part. :P

More seriously, if that's indeed true, then no. Some of us might be wishing to keep with Reebok.

I'm actually really excited to see how Nike can improve the jersey cuts, designs, and overall brand of the NFL while keeping in the strict rules of the league. I expect them to make huge improvements.

Yea, I'm excited about Nike as well (as odd as that might seem with my last post), as several teams will have restrictions on uniform design. Nike's uniform cuts will be better than Reebok's, as well.

However, I don't want to see any kind of crazy design befall teams like the Browns, Raiders, Ravens, Texans, or Panthers* in the name of Pro Combat. Odds are that some team will let Nike have its way with their uniforms, and I don't trust Nike to produce a clean, restrained, yet modern design for said team if given free reign.^

*Though any new wordmark for Carolina is an improvement.

^At least at this point.

I'm actually really excited to see how Nike can improve the jersey cuts, designs, and overall brand of the NFL while keeping in the strict rules of the league. I expect them to make huge improvements.

Yea, I'm excited about Nike as well (as odd as that might seem with my last post), as several teams will have restrictions on uniform design. Nike's uniform cuts will be better than Reebok's, as well.

However, I don't want to see any kind of crazy design befall teams like the Browns, Raiders, Ravens, or Panthers (though any new word-mark is an improvement). Odds are that some team will let Nike have its way with their uniforms, and I don't trust Nike to produce a clean, restrained, yet modern design for said team if given free reign.*

*At least at this point.

But the thing is I don't believe the crazy designs will happen. They will simply and quietly improve teams that need improvement, and leave classics relatively alone.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

However, I don't want to see any kind of crazy design befall teams like the Browns, Raiders, Ravens, or Panthers (though any new word-mark is an improvement). Odds are that some team will let Nike have its way with their uniforms, and I don't trust Nike to produce a clean, restrained, yet modern design for said team if given free reign.*

*At least at this point.

But the thing is I don't believe the crazy designs will happen. They will simply and quietly improve teams that need improvement, and leave classics relatively alone.

That part I agree with. I'm just cautiously optimistic, and when someone at Nike says that "We're going to be aggressive," it raises a few eyebrows, like mine. I'm just more in the "Wait and see" crowd at this point, expecting the best and bracing for the worst.

"We're going to be aggressive," Denson said. "Some teams are willing to go further than others."

Insert "That's what she said"-type joke for the bolded part. :P

More seriously, if that's indeed true, then no. Some of us might be wishing to keep with Reebok.

I, for one, welcome the opportunity to see actual horns mounted on the Rams helmets.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

*At least at this point.

which is exactly what they will do...they rarely touch the traditional football powers because their apparel sales are already cash cows and there's no need for a redesign...what I'm hoping you'll see are some minor tweaks and mods of pretty good designs that may be missing an element (e.g. seahawks sleeve logo is way too small) and hopefully some wholesale changes to the league's trainwrecks...the one thing they should really push to have changed is to have the 5 year alternate rule changed...leave the frequency rule of 2x/year but let a team change alts every 2 years...how cool would it be to see all of the different incarnations of the chargers every other year?..that would definitely spike sales.

I don't know about that, based on the garbage templates Nike uses in college. Even if they have to use the "super cool space age fabric", there is no reason why they can't use a classic football template with a solid front piece, a solid back piece, and a shoulder yoke which covers the name area on the back and covers enough of the front to accommodate Colts stripes. They can spin whatever bull :censored: they want, but there is absolutely no advancement in performance because there are 10 pieces of fabric sewn together instead of 5.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Funny ... but I not only think Carolina has a great word-mark, but it's long been one of my favorites among all the NFL teams ...

All word-marks should be limited to nickname IMO, without the club-location/city, which ought to be excluded ....

PanthersLettersA.gif

I don't know about that, based on the garbage templates Nike uses in college. Even if they have to use the "super cool space age fabric", there is no reason why they can't use a classic football template with a solid front piece, a solid back piece, and a shoulder yoke which covers the name area on the back and covers enough of the front to accommodate Colts stripes. They can spin whatever bull :censored: they want, but there is absolutely no advancement in performance because there are 10 pieces of fabric sewn together instead of 5.

Well said.

I'm not sure why so many think this will be a great thing. To me, Nike is way to proud of themselves, in their so called "inovations". They need to understand the NFL is WAY bigger than Nike. Nike needs to "aggressively" adapt to the NFL, not the other way around.

The whole attack Nike thing makes me laugh. The dude in the article says "some teams are willing to go further than others." SOME TEAMS. Nike isn't just forcing teams to wear whatever those teams are going to wear. It's all up to the teams people.

Funny ... but I not only think Carolina has a great word-mark, but it's long been one of my favorites among all the NFL teams ...

All word-marks should be limited to nickname IMO, without the club-location/city, which ought to be excluded ....

PanthersLettersA.gif

That Panthers wordmark is an outdated, 90's mess. Their original wordmark was much better IMO.

350.gif

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I vaguely remember that one ... they sure didn't have it long, but to me it just looks like another typical word-mark.

The newer one they've had since then is so cool. I mean how many clubs were creative enough to come out with a paintbrush-like font ...

It's just yet another example of different taste which we all have our own.

I vaguely remember that one ... they sure didn't have it long, but to me it just looks like another typical word-mark.

The newer one they've had since then is so cool. I mean how many clubs were creative enough to come out with a paintbrush-like font ...

It's just yet another example of different taste which we all have our own.

I don't know how they came up with the current wordmark, but I guess this is how it went:

"Hey guys! There's a paintbrush function on MS Paint! We should totally use that for our wordmark!!1eleven!!"

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Ok, everybody is seriously over reacting to Nike taking over. The NFL won't let Nike do anything too drastic, I can assure you that. Everyone here is just getting paranoid.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I hope Nike changes Jacksonville's unis. Good gawd.

Also I don't agree with the prevailing thought that Carolina has a modern classic for a uniform. The shoulders are entirely too cluttered. Taper the stripes to be more like a USC shoulder stripe style (See the Florida Tuskers uniforms from last season). But it most certainly isn't untouchable.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived