2011-12 European football thread

Viper

Holy hell, can you possibly ask for a better overall season? What an ending.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I JUST figured out why the developments here seemed so familiar in structure...

September 28, 2011. Aside from a few technical differences, the Red Sox thought they were going to get into the playoffs, and the Rays came back, and then in the space of three minutes, Boston finished their collapse and Tampa finished their shocking ascension to the playoffs.

I mean, Man U won today, but at the conclusion of their game, they probably thought they were through. And less than ONE MINUTE later, Man City guts them. Also fits another little brother shocking big brother-esque dynamic.

spacer.png

:censored:ing hell.

Man U was SO close, SO damn close.

United positively blew the Premier League this season. Blowing the match against Everton, losing to Wigan, losing the Derby. They just blew it.

Expect United to go out and buy a big, sexy piece this offseason.

I JUST figured out why the developments here seemed so familiar in structure...

September 28, 2011. Aside from a few technical differences, the Red Sox thought they were going to get into the playoffs, and the Rays came back, and then in the space of three minutes, Boston finished their collapse and Tampa finished their shocking ascension to the playoffs.

I mean, Man U won today, but at the conclusion of their game, they probably thought they were through. And less than ONE MINUTE later, Man City guts them. Also fits another little brother shocking big brother-esque dynamic.

I had the same feeling of dread watching these games as I did watching those two games.

spacer.png

Wow... one of the greatest matches I've ever seen. Honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack when City pulled the second goal back, damn sure I did have one when they went ahead. I honestly never thought I'd see City win the league in my lifetime. I just don't know what to do with myself... I'm not used to this winning feeling!

What a season!

Newcastle you've done me proud. Also to Manchester City. I couldn't imagine the backlash that would have ensued seeing as the World's richest club, with that squad, goes trophy-less throughout an entire campaign.

DRINKS ON THE GALLAGHER'S!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

When was the last time that all three teams that achieved promotion from the Championship all survived to stay in the Premier League the next season?

2001-02 I think. Fulham, Bolton, Blackburn.

Only thing that would've made today better was Bolton winning and staying up.

Why?

Only reason I can think of is that they've been a mainstay in the Premier League for the last while. Same goes with Blackburn.

Wow... :censored: ing wow...

Good season for United, I guess. Always disappointing when you go without any trophy in a year, but it's their own fault.

Congrats City?... :censored: ing wow...

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wow... :censored: ing wow...

Good season for United, I guess. Always disappointing when you go without any trophy in a year, but it's their own fault.

Congrats City?... :censored: ing wow...

I wouldn't call it a good season, just because of the way United blew it at the end. Should've beaten Everton, should've at least drew City.

It shouldn't have come down to QPR trying to hold off City.

spacer.png

OK, I take back that 'Same Old City' comment. That is how you prove to everyone that you are the best in the Premier League.. Congrats to Man City and their fans. I'm pretty sure they are celebrating this title with lots and lots of rubbing it in the faces of the Man U fans. :)

Still... that was the best finish to a soccer game I've seen in a while.

Archived