College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Any one else worried that red close up might actually be the helmet here: http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/ugaprocombat.jpg

Ugh... I guess my fears were justified. Im sure if the Dawgs lose to Boise these will be permanently shelved like VPI did with the orange and black abortions they wore against the Broncs last year at FedEx.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

South Alabama unveiled their new blue jerseys during the first scrimmage of camp and wore in the rest of the scrimmages.

McGlon-Field-Goal.jpg

For those that don't know here are their uniforms that they've had since their inception. They're adding the blue to this set but no word on how many times or when they'll wear them.

usa-for-hicks-columnjpg-cafa4b195701b7a8_large.jpg

8966181-large.jpg

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

BGSU Football has made a few semi-significant changes.

Last year they started the season with matching home and road sets (home, road).

They later switched their road jersey to one of Adidas' most overused templates (here). The home jersey remained the same for the remainder of the season.

This season it looks like they've switched their home jersey to match the road jersey, along with a few other changes.

Here is the new home jersey:

newhome1.png

newhome2.png

newhome3.png

If you notice, they have switched to a brown facemask (which kind of gives us an idea of what the Browns would look like with one). They've changed helmet logos and they've also switched to a helmet stripe that tapers toward the back.

Also, they've switched to the full Mac Conference logo on the front of the uniform, and the Mac football logo is now in the nameplate area on the back. I'm assuming the road uniforms will reflect these changes*

*(EDIT: Maybe they won't have the same Mac logo placement, etc. see below)

Here is a better look at the tapered stripes:

newhelmets.png

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Not a bad job, Bowling Green...not a bad job at all. Also, glad to see they finally went full-force with that number font--I've always liked that since I first saw it.

The template is what it is, but (and maybe this is because orange is my favorite color) the colors make this work.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Not a bad job, Bowling Green...not a bad job at all. Also, glad to see they finally went full-force with that number font--I've always liked that since I first saw it.

The template is what it is, but (and maybe this is because orange is my favorite color) the colors make this work.

I'm a Browns fan so naturally I love the color scheme. I agree with the number font. One of a kind.

Their identity package has really come together nicely. I'm really glad the falcon head has made it back onto the helmet.

WilsonGibril4.jpg?t=1273537897

This image was pulled from the "Uniforms that Never Should Have Been Worn" thread, I want everyone to take a real good look at that red and white uniform for a second. I'm sure you recognize the team. Check out the manufacturer's logo, too.

All that sure seems out of place given what's going on in collegiate athletic aesthetics in present day, ain't it? (On another note, THAT is how Maryland football should look to me...primarily red and white, with black and yellow accents. I shudder to think what UA has up its sleeve for the Terps this upcoming season. Speaking of, have the real-life versions been shown to the public yet?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like the new number font and helmet for Bowling Green, but the old template for the jersey and pants was superior to what they have now.

I'm glad you said that. I didn't notice but the number font on the new threads is slightly different than that on the old unis. Sharper and longer edges.

Compare the '3' in these two images.

formerroad.pngnewhome3.png

Not really a fan of the new BG uniforms. I like the new helmet stripe, but I think they need to lose the "BG", it's a bit too cluttered. I think the main thing that bothers me is the falcon logo above the numbers. I always felt like you either have a wordmark or nothing there. Logos almost never look good when placed there. Also that MAC logo on the back is terrible. I love the crest on the front, hoping Akron does the same, but why put it on the back too? It's a terrible conference why are we so proud of being in it?

On a side note, I hate these schools that come out with only the aways one year and home the next. Why not just get them all at the same time? if you're a division 1 school you should be able to afford it!

Not really a fan of the new BG uniforms. I like the new helmet stripe, but I think they need to lose the "BG", it's a bit too cluttered. I think the main thing that bothers me is the falcon logo above the numbers. I always felt like you either have a wordmark or nothing there. Logos almost never look good when placed there. Also that MAC logo on the back is terrible. I love the crest on the front, hoping Akron does the same, but why put it on the back too? It's a terrible conference why are we so proud of being in it?

On a side note, I hate these schools that come out with only the aways one year and home the next. Why not just get them all at the same time? if you're a division 1 school you should be able to afford it!

I agree with almost everything you said. While I would much rather see a wordmark above the numbers, the logo there doesn't bother me too much. & I think the helmet logo looks pretty darn good. Other than that, you hit it right on the head.

WilsonGibril4.jpg?t=1273537897

This image was pulled from the "Uniforms that Never Should Have Been Worn" thread, I want everyone to take a real good look at that red and white uniform for a second. I'm sure you recognize the team. Check out the manufacturer's logo, too.

All that sure seems out of place given what's going on in collegiate athletic aesthetics in present day, ain't it? (On another note, THAT is how Maryland football should look to me...primarily red and white, with black and yellow accents. I shudder to think what UA has up its sleeve for the Terps this upcoming season. Speaking of, have the real-life versions been shown to the public yet?)

I actually like their previous set...the M/flag black helmet, red jerseys, and black pants. I wouldn't object to replacing the black with white, but I think the M/flag>"Terps"

Guess I was wrong about the Georgia procombat, those are just hideous. Feel like out of the teams that do procombat each year 8-10? There is only about 2 or 3 that even look remotely good. The rest are pure :censored:

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

ECU also upgraded to the ProCombat this year. Same design.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived