UGA Pro Combat

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate this "new uniforms help recruiting" :censored:.

Here's an article from rivals about recruiting in the last decade.

Here's the top ten recruiting teams in that span:

1. USC

2. Georgia

3. Florida

4. LSU

5. Texas

6. Florida State

7. Oklahoma

8. Auburn

T9. Michigan

T9. Tennessee

What do all these teams have in common? Traditional uniforms

uniforms do help in recruiting. talk to some athletes.

those schools at the top dont need any additional help in recruiting because of their winning programs. kids go there to play with the best and against the best. not for traditional uniforms. the schools who are trying to get better athletes for their sub par programs have to reposition themselves, find a new niche in an over saturated market. uniforms aree a part of that.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Then you're doing it wrong. Rooting for a conference foe shows disloyalty to your school.

Its a SEC/southern thing Kevin. An extension of southern hospitality. Its kinda like your pumpkin didn't make it to the state fair but your neighbor's did, so you pull for your neighbor's to win.

amen to that. seriously, Kevin, it's just different. between the lines and inside the cement stadiums, rivalries are intense.

but SEC fans get a long with eachother like brothers and sisters on gameday. It's kind of like a 90,000 strong family reunion.

I have friends at Auburn, Clemson, SC, Tennessee, Bama...the culture is exactly the same at each school, and you could wear a UGA shirt into an Auburn bar, get treated to a few playfull jokes, and then it's all fun and games after that.

We don't beat the crap out of eachother like they do in the northeast and west coast.

In fact, it's interesting that when I visit SEC schools, my proclamations of being a Georgia fan are welcomed.

But, when I visit Tech I always end up getting mean mugged by frat guys...

So that's why LSU fans throw bags of urine on to fans of opposing teams?

Anyways, that stuff isn't relevant. A Kentucky fan still can't talk crap to a TCU fan talking about texas' uniforms. Especially when the Kentucky fan set the criteria about why schools change uniforms and Texas couldn't have done a better job at those 2 things. That's the point. The Kentucky fan only changed it because he realized how stupid he sounded.

You'll always have a few idiots in a bunch, much like the Alabama fan that poisoned the oaks over at Auburn.

I think there's just a general respect between every school in the conference. Like another member touched on, I have relatives and friends at 5 of the schools, my parents even met because of SEC football (my dad's a Gator and my mom went to Ole Miss). We'll have our playful jabs at each other, but I'd rather see an SEC team win in any bowl game against any other team.

I actually know quite a few Big Ten fans who are the same way except they usually hate either Michigan or Ohio State.

I get what you're saying and I know how SEC fans are (know one else chants the name of their conference), but that still has nothing to do with how wrong that poster was about Texas changing uniforms and it still doesn't change the fact that a Kentucky football fan can never talk smack about Texas football.

Sure I can! But I understand I am the minority here on this subject, however the main point I was trying to say was that I was proud that Georgia did something out of the ordinary for their Pro Combat uniforms unlike Texas and Alabama. What did Texas change for theirs? They put a number of their helmet and maybe changed the striping and it was still a boring uniform just like their normal away uniforms. Plain and Boring! Alabama is the same way, they changed the striping of their pants for their Pro Combat, yet their uniforms looked just like their Pro Combat, plain and boring. The original point was that if a school agrees to wear a Pro Combat uniform, then they should go outside of their norm.

Lets look at the differences:

Pro Combat:texascombat.jpgPlain:coltmccoyqbs.jpg

Alabama

Pro Combat: Alabama-Pro-Combat-Uniform-3.jpg

Plain: MIngram.jpg

Miami

Pro Combat:F720133.jpg Plain: randyphillips2.jpg

Hopefully now you see my point! If your going to agree to do something different, then do something different!

one of the biggest goals for the PC uniforms is not (or at least for the last 2 years) to simply "do something different" but to capture the essence of the brand, history, and school spirit then reflect that in the identity (uniforms). those schools/Nike did a great job of that.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

The original point was that if a school agrees to wear a Pro Combat uniform, then they should go outside of their norm.

Um, no it wasn't.

The original point was that if a school agrees to wear a Pro Combat uniform, then they should go outside of their norm.

Um, no it wasn't.

I might not have said that exactly like that, but that were my intentions.

So if you want to still try to argue...

spacer.png

I'm pretty sure you're not an executive at Nike, so you contradicting them means bupkis. The Pro Combat designs are meant to honor some facet of the school's history, traditions or culture. That doesn't always mean going outside the normal. You're ascribing ulterior motives where there are none.

I'm pretty sure you're not an executive at Nike, so you contradicting them means bupkis. The Pro Combat designs are meant to honor some facet of the school's history, traditions or culture. That doesn't always mean going outside the normal. You're ascribing ulterior motives where there are none.

Either way, I like the Georgia PC uniforms (mainly the helmet) along with the Hurricanes, Ducks, Beavers, Broncos, Hokies, and Mountaineers. I dislike Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas' PC uniforms. In other words, if they are plain and boring, they are not for me. Long story short, I was wrong in saying that the PCs are to be different, however, that is why I like them. Therefore, I am done arguing about them for now, but I hope the Modern trend of Nike PC uniforms transform somewhat into the NFL. Different argument for a different day.

spacer.png

I'll cheer for my team, but as I previously stated.. the uniforms are horrid. If Nike continues to make changes in the direction they're going, they may as well force the schools to play in Halo costumes.

Plain and boring =/= bad. That is where your argument fails.

I think plain or boring makes for a bad NIKE PRO COMBAT EXPLOSIONS jersey. When you have over the top, sometimes really neat one game designs, and then you try to call a traditional jersey with lets say, numbers on the helmet, then it makes for bad grouping at least.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I'll cheer for my team, but as I previously stated.. the uniforms are horrid. If Nike continues to make changes in the direction they're going, they may as well force the schools to play in Halo costumes.

halo_3_still.jpg

If it could make football players fall from space and live, I would take it.

On to the other argument, I agree with nuodr to an extent. I actually really liked Alabama's procombat uniforms because of the creativity in the houndstooth design. I think the procombat uniforms should be creative, not necessarily crazy out of the box. Because of this, I actually really love the helmet of the UGA PC because of the stripe. At first, I thought it was absolutely hideous, but the explanation for it really made me go "Wow, that's really creative. I never would have thought of that. What better way to show your football team than showing the blood sweat and tears that went into making it. the actually uniform is where it loses me. It looks very Nike modern matte blah. A lot like Miami's procombat (except they had some really awesome palm tree effects which made the uniform great). A grey/black stripe along the pants would have gone a long way.

Was that better? Did i represent my opinions without angering anybody?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Then you're doing it wrong. Rooting for a conference foe shows disloyalty to your school.

Its a SEC/southern thing Kevin. An extension of southern hospitality. Its kinda like your pumpkin didn't make it to the state fair but your neighbor's did, so you pull for your neighbor's to win.

amen to that. seriously, Kevin, it's just different. between the lines and inside the cement stadiums, rivalries are intense.

but SEC fans get a long with eachother like brothers and sisters on gameday. It's kind of like a 90,000 strong family reunion.

I have friends at Auburn, Clemson, SC, Tennessee, Bama...the culture is exactly the same at each school, and you could wear a UGA shirt into an Auburn bar, get treated to a few playfull jokes, and then it's all fun and games after that.

We don't beat the crap out of eachother like they do in the northeast and west coast.

In fact, it's interesting that when I visit SEC schools, my proclamations of being a Georgia fan are welcomed.

But, when I visit Tech I always end up getting mean mugged by frat guys...

So that's why LSU fans throw bags of urine on to fans of opposing teams?

Anyways, that stuff isn't relevant. A Kentucky fan still can't talk crap to a TCU fan talking about texas' uniforms. Especially when the Kentucky fan set the criteria about why schools change uniforms and Texas couldn't have done a better job at those 2 things. That's the point. The Kentucky fan only changed it because he realized how stupid he sounded.

You'll always have a few idiots in a bunch, much like the Alabama fan that poisoned the oaks over at Auburn.

I think there's just a general respect between every school in the conference. Like another member touched on, I have relatives and friends at 5 of the schools, my parents even met because of SEC football (my dad's a Gator and my mom went to Ole Miss). We'll have our playful jabs at each other, but I'd rather see an SEC team win in any bowl game against any other team.

I actually know quite a few Big Ten fans who are the same way except they usually hate either Michigan or Ohio State.

I get what you're saying and I know how SEC fans are (know one else chants the name of their conference), but that still has nothing to do with how wrong that poster was about Texas changing uniforms and it still doesn't change the fact that a Kentucky football fan can never talk smack about Texas football.

Sure I can! But I understand I am the minority here on this subject, however the main point I was trying to say was that I was proud that Georgia did something out of the ordinary for their Pro Combat uniforms unlike Texas and Alabama. What did Texas change for theirs? They put a number of their helmet and maybe changed the striping and it was still a boring uniform just like their normal away uniforms. Plain and Boring! Alabama is the same way, they changed the striping of their pants for their Pro Combat, yet their uniforms looked just like their Pro Combat, plain and boring. The original point was that if a school agrees to wear a Pro Combat uniform, then they should go outside of their norm.

Lets look at the differences:

Pro Combat:texascombat.jpgPlain:coltmccoyqbs.jpg

Alabama

Pro Combat: Alabama-Pro-Combat-Uniform-3.jpg

Plain: MIngram.jpg

Miami

Pro Combat:F720133.jpg Plain: randyphillips2.jpg

Hopefully now you see my point! If your going to agree to do something different, then do something different!

As I have already said a couple of times, Texas and Bama should not have participated. Maybe you missed it or ignored it, but I said it.

Second, you are only assuming that they agreed to do something different. That isn't what they agreed to. They agreed to be a showcase for new technology for Nike. If Nike only wanted to use schools who would allow outlandish uniforms, they shouldn't have asked Texas and Bama to participate. I saw the Texas PC uniforms WAY before the PC program was even announced. Nike could have backed out if they wanted.

I think you are moving the goalposts though. You had changed the subject to winning championships and recruiting rankings, which is why I said a Kentucky fan could never talk about Texas. That's how we got into the whole SEC thing, remember? No we are back at PC uniforms. If you are going to change topics, let me know or at leats reply to a post on made on that subject rather than one I made on the other.

Over-emphasizing their role leads to looking ignorant as well

Agreed, but I don't think I have done that. I played college football, coached high school football, worked with his school recruits I coached and as a rep of a university, have contacts at Nike and personally someone who helped design PC uniforms. I following uniform design and recruiting very carefully. I think I know exactly how important uniforms are to these kids. Do you have more experience than me? Do you want to challenge something I am saying based on your experience? If so, go ahead.

I don't understand how this is turning into another modern v. traditional thread. I don't care which you like, these jerseys are absolutely horrid. I really do hope there was a different design for the uniforms that got shot down by the school, forcing Nike to settle on this dreck. Because if this was their best effort, then changes need to be made in the design department. It's not well thought out, cohesive, or even visually appealing. I can't understand how *such* a mishap occurred. Even if you hated all the other PC's, this one is in a different league of bad.

As I have already said a couple of times, Texas and Bama should not have participated. Maybe you missed it or ignored it, but I said it.

Second, you are only assuming that they agreed to do something different. That isn't what they agreed to. They agreed to be a showcase for new technology for Nike. If Nike only wanted to use schools who would allow outlandish uniforms, they shouldn't have asked Texas and Bama to participate. I saw the Texas PC uniforms WAY before the PC program was even announced. Nike could have backed out if they wanted.

I think you are moving the goalposts though. You had changed the subject to winning championships and recruiting rankings, which is why I said a Kentucky fan could never talk about Texas. That's how we got into the whole SEC thing, remember? No we are back at PC uniforms. If you are going to change topics, let me know or at leats reply to a post on made on that subject rather than one I made on the other.

I did do those things and it was my bad for starting the SEC battle, but quite honestly I am sick of this thread. Therefore, I am done and moving on to something else.

spacer.png

No, there is one and only one exception to my rule.. Penn State uniforms at this: Plain + Boring + Joe Paterno = WINNING! In other words, I love Joe Paterno because he is a classic person and I hope as long as he is there, they never change that uniform and I hope that is at least 10 more years.

spacer.png

No, there is one and only one exception to my rule.. Penn State uniforms at this: Plain + Boring + Joe Paterno = WINNING! In other words, I love Joe Paterno because he is a classic person and I hope as long as he is there, they never change that uniform and I hope that is at least 10 more years.

U do know that they change the jerseys this year

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

U do know that they change the jerseys this year

Yeah, but that change is so little that it is not a big deal.

spacer.png

spot on. im glad this isnt lost on everyone

as for plain and boring being bad, as i say. . . the difference between 'simple' and 'boring' is 'simple' is affective. the brand and identity will determine the creative solutions to the uniform style (which reaches to other things like marketing and advertising). simple works work Penn State and Texas. its not what Miami for example is about

GRAPHIC ARTIST

spot on. im glad this isnt lost on everyone

as for plain and boring being bad, as i say. . . the difference between 'simple' and 'boring' is 'simple' is affective. the brand and identity will determine the creative solutions to the uniform style (which reaches to other things like marketing and advertising). simple works work Penn State and Texas. its not what Miami for example is about

Perfectly said by both gentlemen.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Archived