UGA Pro Combat

BlazerBlaze

Plain and boring =/= bad. That is where your argument fails.

No, there is one and only one exception to my rule.. Penn State uniforms at this: Plain + Boring + Joe Paterno = WINNING! In other words, I love Joe Paterno because he is a classic person and I hope as long as he is there, they never change that uniform and I hope that is at least 10 more years.

U do know that they change the jerseys this year

Yeah, but that change is so little that it is not a big deal.

i know but a change is still a change :P

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a side note/thought... do any of y'all think part of the reason Georgia's is bland is due to the font? Look at any of the other NPC sets and the fonts are either the school's standard font or something that is definitively inspired and makes sense with the rest of the set. FSU for example: their Seminole wordmark font, Pitt: notched numbers resonate with Steel industry, Ohio State and Oregon State: both retro inspired. UGA's number font is just generic. No rhyme or reason to it. Should have gone standard block just like usual.

Just a side note/thought... do any of y'all think part of the reason Georgia's is bland is due to the font? Look at any of the other NPC sets and the fonts are either the school's standard font or something that is definitively inspired and makes sense with the rest of the set. FSU for example: their Seminole wordmark font, Pitt: notched numbers resonate with Steel industry, Ohio State and Oregon State: both retro inspired. UGA's number font is just generic. No rhyme or reason to it. Should have gone standard block just like usual.

it just shows the thought and work that went into those 2010 uniforms, and the complete laziness of the UGA design. theres no reason for the shoulder panels to be black. theres no reason for that number font. theres no reason for the wide stripe down the mask except its different. take away the logo and who does the uniform belong to? imposible to answer because theres nothing substantial left. with the others, you take away the logo and the brand is still there because the ideas are so strong

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 2 weeks later...

Boise's all say "Boise st" on them as well.

They couldn't bother to spell it out? For crying out loud.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Boise's Pro Combat looks good. I love the all-white look and the fact that it's in school colors and there's no unnecessary gray jersey like last year is a definite improvement. I still don't like the one-sided helmet, though.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out who looks worse.

OK, Boise's is crap (asymmetrical elements on a football uniform have never worked, will never work IMO), but UGA's is complete crap.

Here's the problem that Nike (and Underarmor, adidas...) can't seem to figure out. These designs look good in photoshop (well, good if you're into this modern "cutting edge" stuff, anyway), but that very seldom translates to how its going to look on the field. Of course it looks good in Photoshop... that's how photoshop works! It cleans up this sort of imaginary world, fantasy imagery, it makes it almost believable. Then you dress an entire team of kids (fat, skinny, average) in the real-life fabric version... and its a failure.

I'm starting to worry about the NFL.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out who looks worse.

OK, Boise's is crap (asymmetrical elements on a football uniform have never worked, will never work IMO), but UGA's is complete crap.

Here's the problem that Nike (and Underarmor, adidas...) can't seem to figure out. These designs look good in photoshop (well, good if you're into this modern "cutting edge" stuff, anyway), but that very seldom translates to how its going to look on the field. Of course it looks good in Photoshop... that's how photoshop works! It cleans up this sort of imaginary world, fantasy imagery, it makes it almost believable. Then you dress an entire team of kids (fat, skinny, average) in the real-life fabric version... and its a failure.

I'm starting to worry about the NFL.

I would not worry about the NFL. I personally don't believe that the teams will allow Nike to go crazy.

spacer.png

Boise's Pro Combat looks good. I love the all-white look and the fact that it's in school colors and there's no unnecessary gray jersey like last year is a definite improvement. I still don't like the one-sided helmet, though.

If Boise just made their look symmetrical, it would be fantastic. The giant Bronco head on the helmet, in both the blue shell and the white shell, looks so much better than what they usually wear. All they have to do is subtract one gimmick and they've got a fantastic modern look.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If Boise just made their look symmetrical, it would be fantastic. The giant Bronco head on the helmet, in both the blue shell and the white shell, looks so much better than what they usually wear. All they have to do is subtract one gimmick and they've got a fantastic modern look.

I couldn't agree more. In fact, combining the blue sleeve with the orange cuff would look excellent. Maybe have white sleeves on the home jerseys. Make that helmet and the blue bronco head helmet symmetrical and use them in rotation with the standard helmet. Boom. Perfect set for Boise.

I say they take the horse head to the bottom of the helmet as if it's rising out of the players' neck around the ear holes and down around towards the back of the neck. That way it would look less like a severed horsehead, which has a dubious place in pop culture (

)

Also, use the logo as it's normally colored and for the love of god, put it on the other side of the helmet. It'd be the modern day version of the Michigan Panthers, which you don't see a lot of in football these days.

That's the answer to Boise's helmet problem as their current normal helmet is rather generic and uninspired

BoiseStateRM55213.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Also, use the logo as it's normally colored and for the love of god, put it on the other side of the helmet. It'd be the modern day version of the Michigan Panthers, which you don't see a lot of in football these days.

For those of you youngins in the crowd, the Michigan Panthers' look in the USFL was nothing short of fan-f :censored: ing tastic.

Best helmet designs:

Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams

Minnesota Vikings

San Diego Chargers

Seattle Seahawks (original)

Michigan Panthers

Jacksonville Bulls

Iowa Barnstormers

Birmingham Thunderbolts

Boise State (if they'd put the Bronco head on both :censored: ing sides)

For those of you youngins in the crowd, the Michigan Panthers' look in the USFL was nothing short of fan-f :censored: ing tastic.

Best helmet designs:

Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams

Minnesota Vikings

San Diego Chargers

Seattle Seahawks (original)

Michigan Panthers

Jacksonville Bulls

Iowa Barnstormers

Birmingham Thunderbolts

Boise State (if they'd put the Bronco head on both :censored: ing sides)

What? No Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers? I love that helmet.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived