TBGKon

Rays over Rangers in 5

Tigers over Yankees in 4

Phillies over Cardinals in 4

Brewers over Diamondbacks in 4

Rays over Tigers in 7

Brewers over Phillies in 7

Brewers over Rays in 6

The Brewers can hold their own on the road, but their second-half home record has been flat-out insane.

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Divsional Round

American League:

Detroit def. New York in 4 games (Both teams can hit the ball. The deciding factor: No one on the Yankees pitching staff is as good as Verlander is... Sabathia, maybe. After that... *raspberry*)

Texas def. Tampa Bay in 5 games (Tampa is red hot, but I wonder if that emotion can last the whole way against the defending AL Champions)

National League:

Philadelphia def. St. Louis in 3 games (Three words: Halliday. Lee. Oswalt.)

Milwaukee def. Arizona in 4 games (The D-Backs are a nice story, but this is all about Prince's last hurrah in Milwaukee)

Championship Series

ALCS: Detroit def. Texas in 6 games

NLCS: Philadelphia def. Milwaukee in 7 games

Worlds Series: Philadelphia def. Detroit in 7 Games (Game 7 would be an epic pitching matchup between Verlander and Halladay that goes for at least 11 innings until Hunter Pence hits the series clinching homer for Philly in a exciting 2-1 victory)

After yesterday I think trying to predict what's going to happen is a lost cause if nothing else to pass time until tomorrow and this weekend. I'm happy my Cardinals got in, but that giant mountain of September they climbed just got a lot bigger. The Red-Hot Cardinals are my upset pick in round one. I hope they keep Allen Craig on the roster - the guy has been fantastic down the stretch. I know they'll try and get Holiday there, but Craig needs to be on the roster if not in the lineup. The key is the Cardinals offense vs the Phillies pitching. That mountain in September just became Mt. Everest.

Rangers over Rays in 5

Yankees over Tigers in 5

Brewers over Diamondbacks in 4

Cardinals over Phillies in 4

Rangers over Yankees in 6

Brewers over Cardinals in 7

Brewers over Rangers in 7.

Oh and the Rotation looks set for St. Louis at least through game 3. Here are the potential matchups:

Game 1

STL: Kyle Lohse @ PHI: Roy Halladay

Game 2

STL: Edwin Jackson @ PHI: Cliff Lee

Game 3

PHI: Cole Hamels @ STL: Chris Carpenter

No word on the Cardinals game 4 starter - they got to get there first. However some say it will be Garcia. I know Garcia's a better pitcher at home than on the road, but don't be surprised to see the other trade acquisition get a game 4 nod.

My predictions:

Game 4

PHI: Roy Oswalt @ STL: Jaime Garcia or Marc Rzepczynski

Game 5

STL: Kyle Lohse or Marc Rzepczynski @ PHI: Roy Halladay or Cliff Lee

I'll bite.

Tigers over Yankees in 4 (I'm not crazy about this Yankees team, but I am crazy about Verlander and the Tigers).

Rays over Rangers in 5 (Gotta go with the red hot Rays here. They have the will to win).

Phillies over Cardinals in 4 (You really can't beat these guys. They've put together a nearly unbeatable team on both sides of the ball).

Diamondbacks over Brewers in 5 (Brewers win both games at home, Diamondbacks win all three of their games at home. Simple as that).

Rays over Tigers in 7 (Verlander can't pitch every game).

Phillies over Diamondbacks in 5 (I just can't go against this Phillies team).

Phillies over Rays in 5 (Déjà Vu? In a 2008 rematch, the outcome does not differ from last time these two teams met in the fall classic).

25yzwqg.png

Note: the Cardinals just took 3 out of 4 in Philly a couple weeks ago and own the season series, 6-3. I'm just saying.

*Like.

As much as I like Pujols, I just can't make myself pull for the Cards. Must be how much I hate LaRussa. Oh, and I'm a Braves fan. I hate them all.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Note: the Cardinals just took 3 out of 4 in Philly a couple weeks ago and own the season series, 6-3. I'm just saying.

True and as a Cardinals fan, that looks good, but remember at least two of their big time starters and power hitters for the Phillies were out with injurie or being rested. The one bright spot - Carpenter outpitched Halladay in that late September series but it is always tough playing the Phillies. The Cardinals can play with the Phils, but if the big four in the Phillies rotation dominate they'll win. If the Phillies become over confident and think they'll win just by default- that's when they need to look out. St. Louis still has the best hitter in the game for now. :)

*Like.

As much as I like Pujols, I just can't make myself pull for the Cards. Must be how much I hate LaRussa. Oh, and I'm a Braves fan. I hate them all.

Ha. The Cardinals are the only team I like more than the Braves.

Rays over Rangers in 5 (Gotta go with the red hot Rays here. They have the will to win).

If the Rays are "red hot" (a whopping 17-10 in September), what does that make the Rangers (who went 19-6)?

In fun news, Gerry Davis, Joe West, Angel Hernandez, and Dale Scott all get to umpire in the postseason. What the :censored:, baseball?

Alrighty, here we go:

ALDS

Texas 3, Tampa Bay 1

NY Yankees 3, Detroit 1

NLDS

Philadelphia 3, St. Louis 2

Milwaukee 3, Arizona 0

ALCS

Texas 4, NY Yankees 2

NLCS

Milwaukee 4, Philadelphia 3

2011 World Series

Texas 4, Milwaukee 2

MVP: Ian Kinsler, 2B, TEX

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

As much as I'd like to see both teams do some damage, I just don't see St. Louis or Tampa Bay getting past the divisional series. Their pitching isn't set up and they spent a lot of energy just to get here.

Anyway...

NLDS

Philly over St. Louis in 4

Milwaukee over Arizona in 4

ALDS

Detroit over NY in 5

Texas over TB in 4

ALCS

Detroit over Texas in 6

NLCS

Philly over Milwaukee in 5

World Series