Orioles 2012 Changes

Bill813

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First thing I thought of.

BobOmbMKWii.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Angry Orioles concept - not mine if you missed the previous pages.

neworiolesconcept.jpg

God I hope that's not the real design...

You and I both! It can't be, can it?

I highly doubt it. Besides, what's-his-name with the Orioles cartoon birds as his signature said with much authority that the new logo will be a combo of the first and the last cartoon birds used by the team. This strange new creation deviates from that design completely so I'm skeptical that this spawn of the Angry Birds generation is the real on-field product.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

neworiolesconcept.jpg

I can emphatically say that those are NOT the Orioles' new caps. Well, the caps themselves are correct, but what's on them is not.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

neworiolesconcept.jpg

I can emphatically say that those are NOT the Orioles' new caps. Well, the caps themselves are correct, but what's on them is not.

Yes, that was just someone having fun, messing around with creating a mock-up idea over at an Orioles message board.

NDwas, is your avatar and signature the actual silhouette of the new cartoon bird logo?

NDwas, is your avatar and signature the actual silhouette of the new cartoon bird logo?

I can neither deny or deny such a thing.

I am encouraged by your silhouette in your avatar. Thank God the angry penguin head was not the logo (not that I really thought it would be).

As clean as I could get it.

newbirdava2.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Did they say when the unveiling is?

It's supposed to be sometime this month, I think. Wish I had an exact date!

I can neither deny or deny such a thing.

I think it's a nice shape. I like the symmetry and that it's almost circular, similar to the bird in my avatar, which is my favorite variation.

newbirdava.jpg

^ If so, the bill on the cap is much thicker than in previous iterations - unless that's a heavy border.

I noticed this too, and also wondered what sort of border it might have. Again, the shape seems to match up closest to the bird in my avatar, and that one has a very thick border.

I noticed this too, and also wondered what sort of border it might have. Again, the shape seems to match up closest to the bird in my avatar, and that one has a very thick border.

Actually, if you look at the downward curve of the top bill, it looks more like the first bird in your signature than your avatar.
Bill813.png

Actually, if you look at the downward curve of the top bill, it looks more like the first bird in your signature than your avatar.

Yeah, they're really close. I was also noticing the button on top of the birds cap. It's more angular on the first bird. On the second bird in my sig, it's rounded, more similar to the shape of the silhouette.

Archived