Most Underrated and Overrated Athletes?

Lebda4Norris

Pretty self-explanatory...

Please don't say Crosby or Ovechkin.

Don't judge based on their contract, judge based on their ability vs. what most people think of them.

Mine will be biased towards my favourite team and sport...

OR: Patrick Roy, Cam Ward, Gomez, McCabe (with the Leafs)

UR: Kulemin, Grabovski, Iginla, Hasek, Suter, Quick, Visnovsky

I can't really think of that many right now. It will come to me later.

lebdasig.png

Lebda4Norris.png

And you'll always have your neat picture.
We'll make the playoffs and compete for the Stanley Cup.
So what if I'm post-padding? The world won't end.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're way off on Patrick Roy being overrated.

Patrick Roy overrated?!?! You sir, are a dummy.

He certainly doesn't deserve the title of "Greatest Goalie Ever" if that's what the OP meant. Hasek is by far the best. He had much better stats than Broudeur or Roy and played on worse teams. Roy had huge pads, and Brodeur had Stevens and Nieds in front of him. I'll leave out comparisons to players such as Sawchuk because of vastly different eras, but as for the modern era, Hasek blows them out of the water. Oh, and lease don't bring up his 3 Cups. His 3 Conn Smythes are a good argument, but don't bring up number of Cups won. Because by that logic, Garon is better than Esposito, Cooke is better than Sundin, and Seguin is better than Oates.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Anybody the Cubs have signed to a major contract since 2007.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Prior to this season, I would've said Jose Reyes was overrated. Now, I'm not sure what to think. It could've been the 'contract year' effort that Adrian Beltre was formerly famous for. A-Belt was also surprisingly great this year (in a non-contract year)

Underrated: Steven Jackson (St. Louis Rams), Todd Helton (Colorado Rockies)

Overrated: Russell Wilson (Wisconsin football), Eli Manning (New York Giants)

Jury Still Out: Andrew Luck (Stanford)

Tebow is racist?

I don't know enough about him to make that claim, but he has in the past allied himself with at least one very scummy, bigoted organization.

Well he did say if you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and salmonator you'll go to heaven, if not you're going to hell.

Tebow is racist?

I don't know enough about him to make that claim, but he has in the past allied himself with at least one very scummy, bigoted organization.

Well he did say if you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and salmonator you'll go to heaven, if not you're going to hell.

That's not really an issue of "race". Also, I think (though as an agnostic, I just go by a somewhat split pool of friends) that most Christians believe that, or at least should if they truly follow the bible. I suppose you could call it bigoted, but I think that's a stretch. He's simply a guy that follows the majority religion in America and wears it on his sleeve more than most.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Tebow is racist?

That's not really an issue of "race". Also, I think (though as an agnostic, I just go by a somewhat split pool of friends) that most Christians believe that, or at least should if they truly follow the bible. I suppose you could call it bigoted, but I think that's a stretch. He's simply a guy that follows the majority religion in America and wears it on his sleeve more than most.

Telling someone that they're going to hell because they're not christians is the very definition of a bigot.

Telling someone that they're going to hell because they're not christians is the very definition of a bigot.

No it's not. It fits a definition which is often used in the media and by ignorant people, being "someone who disagrees with me", but that isn't the real definition. Beside, you first said he was racist, like a petulant five year old throwing around words, and haven't provided any evidence that he was racist. And there isn't any racial connotation in your ludicrous-at-best idea above.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived