Most whacked-out team identity ever?

Viper

This is a ripoff on 2 levels. The first is obvious, even tho it seems like more of a tribute.

The second is that it is actually art that was done for Teefury. Its one of those t-shirt a day sites...

I know this cause I actually bought this one. It was supposed to be a mishmash of Kool-Aid guy and the Hulk.

Here is the original:

bottom-smash.jpg

I believe that was done by WinterArtwork Illustrations

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a ripoff on 2 levels. The first is obvious, even tho it seems like more of a tribute.

The second is that it is actually art that was done for Teefury. Its one of those t-shirt a day sites...

I know this cause I actually bought this one. It was supposed to be a mishmash of Kool-Aid guy and the Hulk.

Here is the original:

bottom-smash.jpg

I thought that was the same body as the Smash! t-shirt.

Love that shirt, by the way...I forgot to check TeeFury the day it was on sale.

I also have this shirt. Recognized it right away.

One of the other logos is the Flying Hellfish from the Simpsons. I use the logo for my fantasy football team.

Flying_Hellfish.png

bufg.png

The Detroit Coney Dogs:

ci_logo_08.jpg

Supposedly, coney dogs actually originated in Detroit, though Coney Island is where they became famous. Still, naming a team after any food or beverage is enough to put them on the "most whacked-out identity" short list. (See also the Omaha Beef.)

Coney Island is merely the birthplace/jumping off point of the modern hot dog. A "Coney Island Hotdog" is a purely Detroit creation and named after the place that made hotdogs famous. The "Coney Island Hotdog" has nothing to do with Coney Island or New York. I'd never heard of one until I started getting commercials for Sonic.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Alas, it appears the Perkins won't be doing much fighting, or lacrosse-playing, or anything else this coming season. Their logo and team listings, along with those of the St. Louis Pride, have disappeared from MILA's Web site.

Maybe MILA's come to its senses and realized that tripling its membership from 2011 to 2012 (their original plan) might be pushing it. Instead they have "only" doubled it, from four (Milwaukee, Chicago, Columbus, Grand Rapids) to eight (adding Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh).

CCSLC signature.png

The fledgling Midwest Indoor Lacrosse Association just announced a new expansion team in Lincoln, Nebraska that features what may be the most bizarre team nickname/logo combo in all of North American sports at any level.

From the league Web site:

Nebraska will be entering a team into the MILA as the Fighting Perkins, playing their home games in Eastern Nebraska. Edwin Perkins, inventor of the delicious beverage mixture Kool-Aid, concocted the powder drink in Hastings, NE in 1927, and was the inspiration behind the design of the team name and logo.

Ready or not...

perkins4.jpg

okay. they rip off a logo someone made on here. they use kool-aid as the bases of the logo. someone kill me plz. this is just horrendous.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

[Removed.]

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

BUMP

Kornheiser_Why.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Here is the original:

bottom-smash.jpg

Where can I get that shirt? I love it!

87Redskins.png

Archived