Uniforms that just seem out of place

bosrs1

All three of the current Wild' Jerseys seem out of place

wild08.png

As it stands the team has no identity, just a grab bag of dated looking jerseys that try in vain to please everyone. Do they want to look like a 2000's expansion team (road white), a 2000's expansion team trying to play original six dressup while ignoring crucial aspects like hem stripes (home red) or do they want to brand around a painfully generic jersey that tries to combine vintage with modern (green, alt).

I don't know either. The tragedy is, they could have one of the best identities in the NHL if they made the decision to have uniformity.

With as much as the Wild can't make up their mind I am really happy that I was able to recently land an original green Wild jersey dirt cheap and in great condition.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With as much as the Wild can't make up their mind I am really happy that I was able to recently land an original green Wild jersey dirt cheap and in great condition.

Now theres a great jersey. I own an Authentic of that style in white and it's easily one of the favs of my collection. The Wild had it right the first time when it comes to uniforms.

Minnesota's APEX jerseys from the mid-90s. The gold was completely wrong for the school (their gold is traditionally much more yellow) and it looked so out of place against most other Big Ten schools. Plus with the player's head and the M's, it always looked like they said M-O-M to me.

oaahio.jpg

1z49ulz.jpg

Those were silly. It would've looked a lot better if there had only been one M on the left chest, or if they had moved the M's to the sleeves. It's no wonder these uniforms lasted for as short as they did.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Lightning16.png

this alt, I hate it. Either make a classy one in blue and white, or drop it.

The alternate is the only one that is in place.

Vinik and Y ruined the teams identity by mimicking the Leafs.

Those two bland Toronto look-a-like pieces of trash need to go. Take that half assed clip art logo with them.

2ly2w09.jpg

Lightning16.png

this alt, I hate it. Either make a classy one in blue and white, or drop it.

The alternate is the only one that is in place.

Vinik and Y ruined the teams identity by mimicking the Leafs.

Those two bland Toronto look-a-like pieces of trash need to go. Take that half assed clip art logo with them.

All three look like cheaply made, uninspired rags to me. The primaries are bland beyond belief and look waaay too similar to what the Leafs are wearing. The alternate on the other hand is a product of the 2007/08 RBK reinvention where all sanity was thrown out the window and things like crests and coherent stripes were replaced by abruptly ending piping, pit stains and a laughable "nickname" script logo. Only redeeming quality is the retention of the team's best logo on the shoulders

All three of the current Wild' Jerseys seem out of place

wild08.png

As it stands the team has no identity, just a grab bag of dated looking jerseys that try in vain to please everyone. Do they want to look like a 2000's expansion team (road white), a 2000's expansion team trying to play original six dressup while ignoring crucial aspects like hem stripes (home red) or do they want to brand around a painfully generic jersey that tries to combine vintage with modern (green, alt).

I don't know either. The tragedy is, they could have one of the best identities in the NHL if they made the decision to have uniformity.

As much as I like all of Minnesota's uniforms, they seriously need to get some consistency going. The one thing that really makes me laugh is that they have the modern lettering and crazy wild number font on the white jersey, their fans at home never get to see this as the other two use traditional numbering instead, so why bother?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The Dallas Stars uniforms look out of place on NHL hockey rinks. The Rams always seem out of place when they wear blue jerseys/white pants. And the Desert Swarm look Air Force had goin on in their bowl last season...well, like I said, I know that was the Thunderbirds set with a different helmet, but they looked more like Arizona in the 90s.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Mets' black jersey, retained for this season despite the elimination of black from the rest of the set, would have to qualify.

Some time in the future, civilizations will look back at the 2012 NY Mets with no historical backing behind them and wonder WTF they were on.

So historians from future civilizations will spend their time analyzing the cohesiveness of the uniform sets of ancient sports teams? Sweet.

I believe that the existence of this site and others like UniWatch are testament to that. I mean, what are we doing?

And by historians, I mean people like us.

CCLSCsig-1.jpg

Uniform tracker - 2011 version coming soon...

Here's one - the Syracuse Chiefs (AAA). Their home and road sets are based on the post-2004 Blue Jays unis (who were their parent club until a few years ago). Their home / away colors are Black/Blue/Silver. But they have a red alt jersey similar to their current parent club, the Nationals:

chiefsjerseysjpg-5ad6ee3f6c1f1df3.jpg

Good example. That's a very jarring one. Here's another one.

All%20Three%20New%20Uniforms.jpg

Tucson Padres wearing the 2010 version of the San Diego Padres military uniform looked REALLY out of place. It's was different enough from the rest of the parent club's uniforms but at least it shared the wordmark, numbers, etc... It had nothing in common with the Tucson uniforms with them wearing the "SD" cap to boot.

I believe the Tucson Padres camos were the leftover camos from the big league club, since San Diego upgraded for 2011.

Correct. They were leftovers and used ones that they handed down since the minor league team was only wearing them on Sunday's. That said they still looked very much out of place compared to the rest of the set. The caps however slayed me. Wearing the parent cap just looked really dumb. I mean I get wearing the hand me down jersey even if it looked wrong, but at least spring for a custom cap to go with it.

The Mets' black jersey, retained for this season despite the elimination of black from the rest of the set, would have to qualify.

Some time in the future, civilizations will look back at the 2012 NY Mets with no historical backing behind them and wonder WTF they were on.

So historians from future civilizations will spend their time analyzing the cohesiveness of the uniform sets of ancient sports teams? Sweet.

im confused on how the 2012 mets will look bad....?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived