2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got ourselves a series! That game reminded me of game 3 in last years SCF. The Canucks, just the Spurs we're feeling pretty good about themselves after winning two at home, only to get whooped. The Spurs have a bit more composure than the Canucks so I expect them to recover, something Vancouver was never able to do.

I missed the first Spurs/Thunder game in OKC but am watching tonight.

JESUS THIS FRIGGIN CROWD. It's high school and college basketball mixed with minor league baseball watching the most fun team since the mid-2000s Phoenix Suns. It doesn't seem fair.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

JESUS THIS FRIGGIN CROWD. It's high school and college basketball mixed with minor league baseball watching the most fun team since the mid-2000s Phoenix Suns. It doesn't seem fair.

No, it's not, but I have to watch Bulls games all year, where everyone sits politely and only cheers at appropriate, Jumbotron-instructed times. Some organic enthusiasm is a nice change of pace for the NBA, at the expense of Seattle as it may be. Thank your lucky stars that they're not incessantly banging cowbells like the Sacramento Kings fans of ten years ago.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No, it's not, but I have to watch Bulls games all year, where everyone sits politely and only cheers at appropriate, Jumbotron-instructed times. Some organic enthusiasm is a nice change of pace for the NBA, at the expense of Seattle as it may be. Thank your lucky stars that they're not incessantly banging cowbells like the Sacramento Kings fans of ten years ago.

I'm not actually (well, not entirely) bitter that they were Seattle's team. It's more just a general annoyance with the entire culture. I'm not familiar with it and I distrust it and it shouldn't be supporting the next great basketball franchise.

Kevin Durant is an incredible fourth quarter player. Wow.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Either way, we've got a 2-2 series, and from when I started (three-way) watching, at 36-31, I never saw the Thunder trailing.

These two teams are as evenly matched as it gets. And, in my opinion, the two best teams in the NBA. Sucks that it had to go head-to-head with a Final game tonight that I paid more attention to - this is great basketball to watch.

spacer.png

That is why when it is all said and done Durant will be looked upon as the best. Lebron will be forgotten compared to his hype and once predicted future.

That is why when it is all said and done Durant will be looked upon as the best. Lebron will be forgotten compared to his hype and once predicted future.

Durant, in his 5th season, trailing 2-1 in the WCF: 16 straight fourth quarter points, 36 points

LeBron, in his 4th season, tied 2-2 in ECF: 29 of the Cavs last 30 points, including the last 25, 48 points

Yeah, not sure I buy the Durant>LeBron hype. Especially when neither is 30

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Yeah, you have to let these guys accomplish something of significance first before figuring out their place in history. Neither of them have a ring or a Finals MVP yet, and both could have a career-ending injury in their next game. So let's worry about "when all is said and done " when all is said and done. And enjoy the ride.

Durant, in his 5th season, trailing 2-1 in the WCF: 16 straight fourth quarter points, 36 points

LeBron, in his 4th season, tied 2-2 in ECF: 29 of the Cavs last 30 points, including the last 25, 48 points

A one game comparison is all you need?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Isn't 3 MVPs to 0 MVPs all you need?

Nope. Regular-season MVPs are way too random and are sometimes a popularity -- or worse -- a default or "career" vote. To be an NBA Finals MVP you have to be there, and win, so I measure all-time greatness with those and the man the trophy is named after. Like I said above, why don't we let Durant and LeBron play their careers before we define them? They both have a long way to go.

There's a reason there's a waiting period before most Hall of Fame entries. Perspective.

That game that LeBron had was one of the most amazing individual performances I've ever seen. That game made me a fan of LeBron.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived