NFL Week 14

UnclearInitial

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steelers are in their throwbacks versus the Browns

09000d5d824dec40_gallery_600.jpg

This, in my opinion, is one of the most gorgeous Uniform match-ups in the League.

Simple, yet Iconic.

They look even better when you can see the breath coming out of the players mouths when they are lined up before the snap.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Somebody please update the Browns. They haven't done anything since returning in 1999 and now they can't even score TDs. It's as if the new Browns are playing like their uniforms - plain, dull, and boring. I love classic uniforms, but if there was ever a team that would benefit from a complete overhaul, it would be the Cleveland Browns.

Somebody please update the Browns. They haven't done anything since returning in 1999 and now they can't even score TDs. It's as if the new Browns are playing like their uniforms - plain, dull, and boring. I love classic uniforms, but if there was ever a team that would benefit from a complete overhaul, it would be the Cleveland Browns.

They could definitely add another uniform, maybe downgrade the solid orange helmet to an alternate or something like that. I think the Browns lack a strong identity.

Tf9TG.jpg

I think Browns are fine, great colors, great stripes on helmet, jersey and pants. And if they would have that Dawg logo represent them instead of just helmet, or that B football logo, that would be just great, no need to slap anything on helmet or jersey.

I agree one of the better games from esthetic point of view. Love Browns colors and love that Steelers vintage look.

Wow, that game last night was the fugly bowl.

Yes it was. For one thing, I wish the NFL would ban alternate uniforms for national televised games. It's just dumb. It didn't look like the Steelers out there (regardless if that was a throwback uniform). I think it’s even worse when a team wears their 3rd uniform against a divisional rival (i.e. the Bears' orange uniform). Second, the Cleveland Browns have flat out failed to establish an identity for the past 12 years. I understand their desire to reach out to the fans and desperately try to recreate to "old school" feeling of the Browns, but it has never worked since coming back in 1999. Year after year it is fail after fail. I think the Browns helmet should ALWAYS remain blank though. I like the idea of them being the only team with a blank helmet, but the franchise as a whole needs a new updated look that can still have that "Cleveland Browns" feel to it. But they need something that says, "This is the new Cleveland Browns; deal with it."

Seriously, what do they have to lose? At the very worst, the team could easily just go back to their current look once eligible for another uniform change. It's not like they have been irrelevant in the NFL since their return.

While I don't think the Browns need a helmet logo, I do feel as though the Browns need a logo to represent. It doesn't need to appear anyway on the uniform but it's necessary to represent on TV. Fox, for example, represents them with a plain orange splotch. That's bush league. Even college teams without helmet logos have logos to represent (Peen State and The Ohio State as examples). You need a logo for your brand but it doesn't need to appear on your uniform.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The Redskins better stop wearing friggin white pants at home. Seriously!

I agree. Those gold pants look great with the burgundy jersey. They need to stick to those.

Wow, that game last night was the fugly bowl.

I normally like the throwbacks for the Steelers, but not against the Browns all-white. It looked horrible!

spacer.png

As long as they permanently shelve those horrifyingly bad Gold retro-pants, it's all good.

I can't believe the NFL Police lets them wear two contrasting styles - current jerseys with retro pants and socks.

Just terrible.

As long as they permanently shelve those horrifyingly bad Gold retro-pants, it's all good.

I can't believe the NFL Police lets them wear two contrasting styles - current jerseys with retro pants and socks.

Just terrible.

Didn't know this was an issue. Please continue! What's wrong with the gold pants? I love em!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Just terrible.

Didn't know this was an issue. Please continue! What's wrong with the gold pants? I love em!

I agree DeFrank, and we're hearing this from a guy like Colorwerx, kinda odd.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Just terrible.

I agree DeFrank, and we're hearing this from a guy like Colorwerx, kinda odd.

The issue is that the Gold pants (and corresponding socks) are part of the throwback set - the Gold helmets with the 'R' logo.

They use a different shade of Burgundy than the primary set.

If the 'Skins wanted to wear Gold pants, they should have created a set that not only matches the style of the primary unis, but actually used the correct shade of Burgundy.

The issue is that the Gold pants (and corresponding socks) are part of the throwback set - the Gold helmets with the 'R' logo.

They use a different shade of Burgundy than the primary set.

If the 'Skins wanted to wear Gold pants, they should have created a set that not only matches the style of the primary unis, but actually used the correct shade of Burgundy.

>>>>

The odd thing about that is that they only wore those Lombardi throwbacks for 1 game, a home game against the NY Giants in 2007 ... meaning they were shelved and collecting dust for a few years before matching those pants & socks with their regular uniforms starting in 2010 . . very unusual.

I still say they're yellow, as is the helmet, but that issue has long been debated on here I've been told ... :grin:

800px-redskins_vs_giants_line_of_scrimmage_throwbacks.jpg

These 2002's based on their '65 - '69 era will always be my favorites .... as I've mentioned many times prior ... The only other team I've seen use that particular shade of claret-burgundy was Arsenal in England during their final season at Highbury, as a throwback tribute.

RedskinsGoldPants.jpgarsenal_2006_home_2.jpg

Archived