NFL Week 14

UnclearInitial

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RedskinsGoldPants.jpg

I hope they never wear the Florida State look ever again! I hate this set and for the record, I don't care if their gold pants are from another set, because they sure as hell look better than those boring ass white pants.

spacer.png

I still say they're yellow, as is the helmet, but that issue has long been debated on here I've been told ... :grin:

800px-redskins_vs_giants_line_of_scrimmage_throwbacks.jpg

These 2002's based on their '65 - '69 era will always be my favorites .... as I've mentioned many times prior ... The only other team I've seen use that particular shade of claret-burgundy was Arsenal in England during their final season at Highbury, as a throwback tribute.

RedskinsGoldPants.jpgarsenal_2006_home_2.jpg

I hope they never wear the Florida State look ever again! I hate this set and for the record, I don't care if their gold pants are from another set, because they sure as hell look better than those boring ass white pants.

Redskins came up with the helmet spear first. Florida State adopted after the Redskins dropped it.

You can call it Yellow, Athletic Gold, Gold, Golden Yellow, Dark Yellow, etc. Doesn't matter. It's PANTONE 1235 C.

That particular shade of Burgundy/Maroon was also used by the Hershey Bears (AHL) from 1969-1970 through 2001-2002, and Texas State U.-San Marcos. Oh - and the U. of Minnesota designates it for the use on their football helmets (uniforms are a different shade).

Pretty unique, as far as these things go.

Steelers are in their throwbacks versus the Browns

Probably the last time we see those ugly-ass things, since the Stillers are getting a new throwemback for 2012.

I'd be willing to bet the ranch that the Jets are in all green this weekend against the Chefs.

Interesting, in that they don't have much distinctive to throwemback to that fits the modern uniform cut. Perhaps they'll go back to these from the mid-'60s:

1967pittsburghb.png

If they just go back to block numbers and gray facemasks on the current uniform, and decide that's enough for an alternate, well, all of my rage.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Thanks ColorWerx,

I've totally gotten the problem with the gold pants. And in my opinion, they're too shiny. I was actually in a box seat for the Skins/Cards game this year, and the assisant coaches and Bruce Allen were in the next box. I held up a sign saying "Can I ask you a question" and he said... no.

In my NFL Redesign I tried to unify the pants.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Here's the Redskins' fabric differences between the primary sets and the throwbacks:

Primary Burgundy:

PTX_19-1934_TCX_SRGB.png

Throwback Burgundy:

PTX_19-1557_TCX_SRGB.png

(I'll mention it again - Pantone assigns those color descriptions to their Textile colors; the Redskins and/or the NFL doesn't have anything to do with them.)

The difference between the two is the result of Vince Lombardi's brother working for one of the uniform companies; he changed the supplier when he got to Washington so his brother could have the contract, and their stock colors didnt quite match what the Redskins had worn to that point.

Probably the last time we see those ugly-ass things, since the Stillers are getting a new throwemback for 2012.

I'd be willing to bet the ranch that the Jets are in all green this weekend against the Chefs.

Interesting, in that they don't have much distinctive to throwemback to that fits the modern uniform cut. Perhaps they'll go back to these from the mid-'60s:

1967pittsburghb.png

If they just go back to block numbers and gray facemasks on the current uniform, and decide that's enough for an alternate, well, all of my rage.

I really like using those uniforms on madden, and they are a lot better than the current throwbacks that they use.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

1967pittsburghb.png

I really like using those uniforms on madden, and they are a lot better than the current throwbacks that they use.

Isn't that the one that is labeled the Batman uniform? I remember reading that somewhere. I also heard that they may use the 75th Anniversary version next season. I don't like either and all I want is for the Steelers to go back to block numbers.

1967pittsburghb.png

Isn't that the one that is labeled the Batman uniform? I remember reading that somewhere. I also heard that they may use the 75th Anniversary version next season. I don't like either and all I want is for the Steelers to go back to block numbers.

Here is two links mentioning the batman uniforms:

Wikipedia

Espn

I guess they didn't have time to change the endzones in Washington.

spacer.png

i love how the skins didnt bother painting the field. just kidding

I actually like how they just kept the endzones instead of trying to quickly cover them up and make them look like crap which is usually the case in situations like this.

IUe6Hvh.png

Are the Panthers endzones always black? If they are I'm the worst Panther fan ever. lol

Probably their attempt to cover the remaining paint from last week's ACC Championship game.

Yeah, the black endzones usually happen after the stadium hosts other games (like the ACC Championship or college bowl game)

Archived