Broncos logo concept

See Red

Just kind of an update of the older logo. It's not completely done, and I'm not completely happy with it but I don't know where else to go from here. I need some of the gray in the mane area, I'm just failing to come up with a way to make it look good. I'm not happy with the eye, but again, I've been struggling with it. So just looking for some suggestions or comments. I tried take some of the styling of the newer logo and use it for the horse. I added the gray/silver because I love how Boise State has utilized it in their identity. Anyways, here it is... I'll keep working on this and eventually come up with some uniforms.

broncoslogo.gif

At the very least I'd like to think it's head and shoulders above the logo it's based on, which I like the idea, just not the execution.

IUe6Hvh.png

Good update. I'd love to see them use something like this along their current primary. Maybe make the horse more like the current logo?

Yeah, me too. I wanted to come up with a way to use both of them... the orange mane on the current logo gave me a bit of trouble fitting it into this design. I love the current design as a helmet logo... but not as a primary logo.

IUe6Hvh.png

This is a perfect modernization of the Bronco's logo. Great job.

+1

The old D logo faces the problem of being classic but dated. You did a fantastic job of modernizing it without losing its charm as a Broncos classic. Nicely done!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Nice update. I think if you incorporated some orange into the mane either as highlights or as the whole main as it is now and made the eye more similar to the current logo it would be great. Much better on the second shading of blue, I would say even make it a bit more of a royal blue.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Something about this tells me it would probably show up on the Wii. I think it is the shadows and bevels. I think if you take DeFrank's suggestion and tweak the full horse logo, it would look really good. I think this logo would look really sweet on a white helmet too!

Great update, just a couple things I see...The upper portion of his right leg looks a bit too skinny, also I'd like to see the mane be not soo "curly." Also, I think I'd stop the nostril steam at the cloud instead of carrying it out all the way to the edge of the D. I know you're just mimicking how it was in the original, but I think it might look better that way.

Also, I think I'd stop the nostril steam at the cloud instead of carrying it out all the way to the edge of the D. I know you're just mimicking how it was in the original, but I think it might look better that way.

Agreed. I always thought he was getting poked in the nose with something.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Also, I think I'd stop the nostril steam at the cloud instead of carrying it out all the way to the edge of the D. I know you're just mimicking how it was in the original, but I think it might look better that way.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thought of this. It took me until middle school to figure out that it was on a cold day that the bronco was drawn.

The logo looks much better with the lighter blue by the way. This is a really good modernization.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe ditch the steam all together. Other than that it's an awesome update, very professional looking. I actually prefer the Darker Blue, But I think Elway is going to return the teams old colors next year

That's a fantastic update, very well done. I'd love to see the Broncos trot this out. I like both versions you have here (the differing blues, I mean), if I had to choose one however, I kind of like the navy one best. Couldn't tell you why haha, but the navy just makes it for me.

Again, fantastic work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I like the darker version better as well.

There's a high school here (Dobson High School) whose mascot is the Mustangs. I wouldn't be surprised if they used the old Bronco logo a lot across their sports teams. Their helmets are a blue galloping horse on white. Recolor the inside to blue and the trim to silver and you have a better design than what they use.

Archived