WalMart College Sweater Fail

roxfan00

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Reds, short for Red Legs I believe, and Blues for the music hence the note.

I don't think that is true of the Reds. They switched from "Reds" to "Redlegs" in the 50s to distance themselves from communism. PC, if you will.

They actually started as the red stockings then went to the reds switched to red legs then back to reds

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

And the Reds, short for Red Legs I believe, and Blues for the music hence the note.

Not exactly on either count:

The Cincinnati Reds were founded as the Red Stockings.

Way too similar to the Red Sox.

The Red Stockings were founded in 1866, 41 years before "Red Sox" was chosen for the "Boston American League Team".

spacer.png

Pink is the name of the company that made the shirt. I see a lot of girls wearing stuff from Pink and they are all sorts of colors. I never understood why you would name your company after a color.

On a similar note, at spring training this year my girlfriend was wearing a "PINK" t-shirt that was green and said I Love Pink. The ticket guy who was in his 70's asked her, "If you love pink so much, why is your shirt green?" every time she wears that shirt I give her flack about that!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

• 3 weeks later...

It continues....

miaim.png

Hey, atleast it works in the mirror....oh wait... :lol:

several years ago my buddy brought back similar stuff he bought from street vendors that were around $2 each...they were hilarious and to be expected given the envionment but for the world's largest retailer to essentially be selling the same product and use vendors that have zero quality control is pathetic.

but hey that's wally world so I guess people don't mind buying shoddy product as long as it's cheap.

It continues....

miaim.png

...and this is why we shouldn't buy Chinese...

Only if they left off the first 'I' then we would have had the uber-cool MAIM Hurricanes... ^_^

"Hail to the victors" is the opening line of Michigan's fight song.

Yeah, REALLY obvious. :rolleyes:

I'd wear some of these willingly...interesting discussion pieces!

When it's the most famous fight song in history, yeah, it IS obvious.

But it doesn't say "Oskee Wee Wee"...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Archived