Getting tickets @ sporting events

johnnysama

You skipped some teams (maybe by design), including the Twins.

Two years ago, during the first year at Target Field, they'd have been a "good luck" team...and into 2010...but being on pace to lose 100 games brought them to "Almost no Problem", where they should remain for 2011.

I think the Brewers are not "50/50". They are not that tough to get.

Your first commenter mentioned the Wild...The were a "good luck" team for years. There consistent mediocrity has slid them back to one of your middle categories, in my opinion.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/7/2012 at 0:23 PM, pmoehrin said:
On 1/7/2012 at 10:58 AM, DG_Now said:

Also, haven't the Yankees not been doing so awesome at the new Yankees Field? Or is that just the super expensive seats that stay available?

It's just the super expensive seats that stay available.

Everything else sells out easily so its not do to a lack of fan support. Its a bit of a sticking point in New York because it is hard to get Yankee tickets and those seats are never filled. Even during the playoff games you can see patches of seats in that lower section that are empty.

I'd go as far as to say that's its been a major point of embarrassment for the club. They won't even let people who didn't buy tickets down there for BP and yet the people who actually did buy the tickets don't even sit in them during the game.

Do the pictured seats have some sort of a "VIP Club" below? At Target field, there is something like that, but only for the sections behind the plate. The seats located where those in your picture have some separate bathrooms, etc., but no VIP club (and the let fans there during BP). So during the game,they are pretty well filled. It's only those immediate sections behind the plate that have that issue (cuz paying customers are eating in the complimentary restaurant). There was some confusion amongst us "normal fans" for a while, until one of our local news telecasts explained it. I think it's only 200 or so seats, and I think they are all spoken for through season tix. But the prices are NOTHING compared to those Yankee prices...those prices make it tough...when you pay $600 for a game ticket, you don't want the rif-raf allowed near you.

I don't think these Yankee seats are all sold out. I went early in the inaugural season...sold out except for seats priced at at least $900 (got obstructed view OF for 10 bucks pn the street). I get the sense they may need to lower those prices...but in any case, seats with a "VIP Club" will always run into this problem, particularly in bad weather / early season.

Does anyone have a sense of whether these seats are sold?

In any case, seeing these seats open does not mean "easy to get" for 95% of us.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Also, haven't the Yankees not been doing so awesome at the new Yankees Field? Or is that just the super expensive seats that stay available?

empty_seats.jpg

Everything else sells out easily so its not do to a lack of fan support. Its a bit of a sticking point in New York because it is hard to get Yankee tickets and those seats are never filled. Even during the playoff games you can see patches of seats in that lower section that are empty.

I'd go as far as to say that's its been a major point of embarrassment for the club. They won't even let people who didn't buy tickets down there for BP and yet the people who actually did buy the tickets don't even sit in them during the game.

Do the pictured seats have some sort of a "VIP Club" below? At Target field, there is something like that, but only for the sections behind the plate. The seats located where those in your picture have some separate bathrooms, etc., but no VIP club (and the let fans there during BP). So during the game,they are pretty well filled. It's only those immediate sections behind the plate that have that issue (cuz paying customers are eating in the complimentary restaurant). There was some confusion amongst us "normal fans" for a while, until one of our local news telecasts explained it. I think it's only 200 or so seats, and I think they are all spoken for through season tix. But the prices are NOTHING compared to those Yankee prices...those prices make it tough...when you pay $600 for a game ticket, you don't want the rif-raf allowed near you.

I don't think these Yankee seats are all sold out. I went early in the inaugural season...sold out except for seats priced at at least $900 (got obstructed view OF for 10 bucks pn the street). I get the sense they may need to lower those prices...but in any case, seats with a "VIP Club" will always run into this problem, particularly in bad weather / early season.

The Yankees are very tight lipped about how many Legend Suite tickets they actually sell so there's no way of telling what game sells out and what game does not, but I have a hard time believing every seat is sold for every game during the season. Most people do hang out in the VIP section especially during April and September. There's been Yankees/Red Sox games played where that section looks like a ghost town.

I went a Safeco Field tour over the holiday (great value for $9 if anyone's ever in Seattle), and they take you through the Diamond Club. For $200 or more, you get one of those seats directly behind home and access to an all you can eat and drink lounge under the seats there. It'd be really hard to justify a $200-night pampered baseball experience, but it'd also be pretty fun too.

That said -- and I'm sure it's obvious -- seats to M's games are easy to come across for all games except Yankees or Red Sox. On the tour I also learned that the third-best-road-drawing team is the Blue Jays. I don't know how it is for fans who've seen the Blue Jays on the road in other parks, but there are always a lot of Canadians every time I've see the Jays as the away team.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Between Stub Hub and I think just about every team's Ticket Exchange (where you can purchase tickets from season ticket holders), there is no reason you shouldn't be able to purchase tickets to any game on game day at a decent price. That's how I buy my tickets, via Ticket Exchange as they are always lower than regular price because I'm buying at Season Ticket Holder rate. If you're talking a big time event like the Rose Bowl, then that's a different story, but for regular season games, there's no reason to even think that you can't go to a game. I've been to enough "sold out" events where you look around and see 10-15% of the seats empty. The best thing about these ticket exchanges, is that you print them out at home.

From what I've determined...

The Canadiens do sell out all the time but not all games sell out quickly. You can buy tickets now at face value for the non-importnat opponents later this season, but the catch is that, unless you're buying one ticket, you are not likely to get two seats remotely close to each other. If you actually try going on the Habs website on the second Saturday of September when single game tickets go on sale, you may luck out like I did two years ago.

The Leafs are the same thing. There usually still is some tickets left for other games this season, but it's very slim pickings and usually always standing room. And they will still sell out anyways.

Ottawa doesn't quite sell out so often anymore. If you try early, you can get good seats for face value. When I went to the Ducks @ Senators game last season, I got seats second row from the ice for only $10 above face value via Stubhub.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

empty_seats.jpg

The Yankees are very tight lipped about how many Legend Suite tickets they actually sell so there's no way of telling what game sells out and what game does not, but I have a hard time believing every seat is sold for every game during the season. Most people do hang out in the VIP section especially during April and September. There's been Yankees/Red Sox games played where that section looks like a ghost town.

However that photo shows the Champions Suites, not Legends Club. Lower pricing and less benefits. Even with that out there, both ticket ranges can be gotten at a discount compared to face value, especially for day games.

Between Stub Hub and I think just about every team's Ticket Exchange (where you can purchase tickets from season ticket holders), there is no reason you shouldn't be able to purchase tickets to any game on game day at a decent price. That's how I buy my tickets, via Ticket Exchange as they are always lower than regular price because I'm buying at Season Ticket Holder rate. If you're talking a big time event like the Rose Bowl, then that's a different story, but for regular season games, there's no reason to even think that you can't go to a game. I've been to enough "sold out" events where you look around and see 10-15% of the seats empty. The best thing about these ticket exchanges, is that you print them out at home.

You got it. Tickets are always for sale, but a ticket within your willingness to pay is another question. Rose Bowl tickets can be had for face value on the golf course. Heck, I've gotten Texas/OU for face value 24 hours before kickoff. I've gotten lower level playoff tickets for NHL and NBA for face value.

Tip: Final Four tickets can be had for fave value too. They are even less for title game Monday since there are fans with two teams looking to dump their Monday tickets ASAP. It is a buyer's market the first few hours after the Saturday session. Sunday afternoon, the market rebuilds itself and prices go up and like all live events, for the scalper or season ticket holder, an unused ticket loses value as soon as the game/show starts, so you can still get in if you have patience and don't have to see the whole d@mn thing from anthem to finish.

empty_seats.jpg

However that photo shows the Champions Suites, not Legends Club. Lower pricing and less benefits. Even with that out there, both ticket ranges can be gotten at a discount compared to face value, especially for day games.

There's plenty of photos online of the Legend Club seats being empty as well. Just type in Yankee Stadium empty seats on a google image search and you'll get all sorts of results.

And yes they are available for discount prices, but your still looking at well over $400 a ticket for a regular season game. Most people don't have $500 to blow on a regular season baseball game against the Royals. How much of an effect it has on attendance versus how many people actually show up but don't bother to sit in their seats is unknown because the Yankees don't release attendance info on those seats.

If these were luxury suites along the press box most probably wouldn't even care, but the fact that these are the most visible seats in the building makes it an issue and it has been an ongoing issue PR wise for the Yankees. Either the tickets cost too much and nobody is paying for them, or the people that do buy them don't care about the game to enough actually sit and watch it. Either way it reflects badly on the Yankees.

If we're talking at the box office, then I have a few for you.

The Broncos are IMPOSSIBLE to get any day after they originally go on sale before the season. I kid you not. It's relatively easy to get them online on secondary sites like stubhub, eBay & craigslist after the fact. But as far as the box office & ticketmaster, you're SOL.

The Nuggets fall somewhere between almost and 50/50.

At the box office before the game, all you're going to get from the Red Sox are single-seat obstructed view seats. Prices on StubHub skyrocket (more than twice face value), however you might be able to get lucky if you wait until very close to the game and pick off tickets near or below face value.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Regarding some that are in the first category: I am trying to imply that while there are teams that do sell out, quite a few don't do so until as early as 12-24 hours before a game starts.

And your point now is what? 18 hours later, you give nothing regarding the NBA in terms of tickets sold and tickets remaining.

Bottom line is that if you want tickets to an event, you can get said tickets if you are willing to pay for what the holders are asking for them.

I've now updated the list to include all 122 teams in the four sports leagues. I've also moved some teams around based on your feedback. Of course, this is based on my knowledge (from stadiumjourney and news articles).

UBwef0L.png

Nothing against your list, but... Unless you have been to all 122 team's games 10+ times each, this list is mostly speculation. A one game sample is way too small and articles, or how full the stadiums look just isn't comprehensive enough.

With that said, I think you did a lot of good work and most are probably pretty accurate.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I've now updated the list to include all 122 teams in the four sports leagues. I've also moved some teams around based on your feedback. Of course, this is based on my knowledge (from stadiumjourney and news articles).

Yawn. this is not 1999.

If you want cheap tickets, there are other means for you to get them for your specific event.

What is your point or mission?

People can buy tickets regardless of the face value since there is a secondary market online which allows for people to bid for seats. If one does not like the market...wait a few hours for tickets to become available.

Nothing against your list, but... Unless you have been to all 122 team's games 10+ times each, this list is mostly speculation. A one game sample is way too small and articles, or how full the stadiums look just isn't comprehensive enough.

With that said, I think you did a lot of good work and most are probably pretty accurate.

Thanks. I do what I can. I know that people can get tickets over the internet these days, but there are some of us who want to attend on a whim (read: very last-minute) and get tickets w/o the aid of the internet.

UBwef0L.png

Archived