NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PGjQp.jpg

Completely unnecessary breaking of the side stripe. I'm tired of this whole hexagonal pad thing. If I wanted hexes I'd go play war games.

Are you seriously going to complain about a half inch of fabric cover that covers the stripe that won't even be seen when the jersey hangs loose or comes untucked? You won't even notice it during a game.

yeeep, I am :) Because it's a lack of attention to detail. It could have been fixed, but it wasn't. To be fair, I like the flywire collar on us because it reinforces the two side stripes and helmet stripe pointing at the face, without the V breaking that up. Now the helmet and jersey stripes won't be the same color this year, so it will still break up the effect a little......

I could go on, but I won't. It's just the little things. :)

Then explain to me how it could have been so easily fixed. Because, based on what I've seen, that seems to be the template that all the teams have the belt loop slightly covering the stripes. Outside of coming up with an entirely new template, I don't see how it's a lack of attention to detail.

I would be more upset with the collar detail if I were you, but no, you can fixate on a slight incurrence by a belt loop.

To be honest, I completely agree with him, it completely breaks up an important design element of the jersey and is completely unnecessary. Also, not every team has it, the Packers were able to keep their stripes intact.

So the Packers... jerseys went unchanged, yes? same template from last year?

So it appears.

153672_lawm.jpg

Here's a good parallel to the Reebok Edge rollout. There are teams like the Texans and Bengals, who goofed up their jersey collars to conform to the new technology. There are teams like the Broncos and 49ers, who chopped off part of their pants stripes (in the Niners' case, Braisher stripes identical to the Packers') to conform to the new technology. And then there are teams like the Packers, who said to the manufaturer, "No, this is how we look, this is our brand, and this is how we are going to continue to look."

The ultimate design decision still rests with the team. Blame Nike, Reebok, and/or adidas all you want for their silly proprietary cuts, templates, and innovations, but in the end, at the top tier of professional sport, the team still has to sign off on what they wear on the field of play.

and here's where I refuse to buy a new replica.

terrible.png

That looks like t-shirt and isn't close to what they'll wear on the field.

$100 for a screened replica that looks less like the real thing than ever before, and $135 for a screened twill replica. If I'm a Chinese counterfeiter, I'm doing cartwheels into a pile of cocaine-dusted hookers right about now.

What's funny is the Packers replica actually looks pretty decent haha, I think just some jersey designs look better with these new Nike replicas. That one does look really really bad though.

Hey guys. Just checking in now that I have a second to breathe. Thanks to everyone who visited my site (so many of you that it crashed) and also those who followed me on Twitter. I hope I did a decent job getting up the photos you wanted to see.

Because, based on what I've seen, that seems to be the template that all the teams have the belt loop slightly covering the stripes. Outside of coming up with an entirely new template, I don't see how it's a lack of attention to detail.

I would be more upset with the collar detail if I were you, but no, you can fixate on a slight incurrence by a belt loop.

Dallas' pants stripes are not interrupted by the belt loops.

For someone who is involved with identity and branding, I'm surprised that you are not bothered by the belt loop creeping into the pants stripes. Instead of moving the stripes back a bit so they continue uninterrupted from top to bottom, Nike feels it's ok to dissect them instead.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

So everyone looking for more reasons to hate Nike, which I'll never get, didn't get a chance huh?

I'm so sick of the whining against Nike like that clown Paul Lukas. Whine, whine, whine. Nike isn't the devil, don't let him convince you.

I saw someone said something about the Giants having minor changes? Have those been revealed yet? I didn't scroll through everything.

In this video, Joe Skiba goes over the material changes and says that the gray pants with the 5 stripes or spaces between stripes will be worn at all times next year.

09000d5d8280d938_gallery_600.jpg

cowboys still have blue pants

Odd, those are definitely nike pants, But on the mannequin they are not a nike cut, on the real jason witten im not so sure either.

also looks like whoever edited the photo messed up the helmet stripes, now thats a lack of attention to detail.

the broncos stripes on the pants bothered me at first but like someone noted they will more than likely be covered by the bottom of the jersey.

09000d5d8280d938_gallery_600.jpg

cowboys still have blue pants

If it weren't for history made in these uniforms this set would be considered utter garbage.

I still consider them utter garbage and the worst in the NFL.

spacer.png

look at the difference in brown between the adult and kids jerseys.

brownsjs.png

Hey! What happened to the "AL" patch going away??

1. Don't trust bad Photoshop jobs, and

2. Don't trust bad Photoshop jobs.

The most noticeable change to the Browns uniforms will not happen until the 2013 season.

That will be the removal of the ?AL? patch on the sleeves which has adorned the team?s uniforms since the death of the expansion Browns? original owner, the late Al Lerner in October of 2002.

Read this somewhere else a few weeks ago.

Source: CBS Local

Just dropping in to share my thoughts:

1) Flywire looks TERRIBLE on pretty much all teams except maybe the Broncos.

2) Nike blew a big chance to fix a bunch of minor things with a lot of teams designs(colors/stripes/etc.)

(2)a) The fact that Nike didn't fix the Niners stripes irritates the hell out of me, I've never understood the point of that design element of the Niners jersey, it always just looked like a cheap knock off to me.

3) Was hoping for a complete Carolina overhaul, maybe next year?

4) Overall a little underwhelming but I didn't expect a bunch of wholesale changes, I'm just a little disappointed that they didn't. Also, the biggest thing they added was the flywire and that thing IMO is more hideous than anything Reebok ever put out while they had the contract. That thing really leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I'm hoping it grows on me.

5) Extremely glad the Packers basically said "ya...no we're not doing any of that, this is what we look like and this is what we are going to look like"

6) I expect Nike to put its stamp on NFL jerseys more over the next few seasons, I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed(?) the Jags are getting new duds, so maybe next year more changes will come?

So, that's pretty much my opinion, I don't post much here but I lurk a lot haha. Thanks for all the coverage guys.

Archived