NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankfully, the Buccaneers forced the Swoosh to keep the shiny sheen for the pants. AND the correct number font--something Reebok had an issue with back in '02. (And to this day it STILL mucks up all my Super Bowl memories.) As for the jerseys...

Screenshot2012-04-03at23755PM.png

...I swear they better get that fixed before the season starts. That is just gawd-awful. Imma hold out hope it's just a protoype, and enough folks pitch a bitchfit about it to get that collar done in all black before first kickoff.

Either way it goes...after checking out some of the jerseys for sale, I am officially done buying Buccaneers NFL jerseys. Hell, maybe even "official team gear", period.

I got really really scared last night when I heard the silver-to-grey rumours that the Bucs would end up with matte "pewter" pants or discard them entirely. This is a relief. I agree with you about the collars, though I'm not as against them as you seem to be. On some teams, I even think it looks better, such as the Vikings, Ravens and Broncos. I'm really really glad the Packers and a few others held onto the old collars, though. I'm not thrilled, but not up in arms over the Bucs collars. It could be worse. The Bills certainly look silly, simply due to color choice.

Oh I'm all the way up in arms about that effed-up collar. They stick out like a sore thumb scratch that--they stick out like a thumb that ain't even got no business being on the hand to begin with.

I still so sincerely hope the Glazers n' em get it in their heads to get that corrected before first kickoff.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

IMO, the biggest disappointment wasn't the Seahawks unis (which aren't bad.......but they could've been MUCH better.). Nope, the biggest disappointment was the fact that they didn't fix the Cowboys' silvers. That is a damn shame.

Thankfully, the Buccaneers forced the Swoosh to keep the shiny sheen for the pants. AND the correct number font--something Reebok had an issue with back in '02. (And to this day it STILL mucks up all my Super Bowl memories.) As for the jerseys...

Screenshot2012-04-03at23755PM.png

...I swear they better get that fixed before the season starts. That is just gawd-awful. Imma hold out hope it's just a protoype, and enough folks pitch a bitchfit about it to get that collar done in all black before first kickoff.

Either way it goes...after checking out some of the jerseys for sale, I am officially done buying Buccaneers NFL jerseys. Hell, maybe even "official team gear", period.

I got really really scared last night when I heard the silver-to-grey rumours that the Bucs would end up with matte "pewter" pants or discard them entirely. This is a relief. I agree with you about the collars, though I'm not as against them as you seem to be. On some teams, I even think it looks better, such as the Vikings, Ravens and Broncos. I'm really really glad the Packers and a few others held onto the old collars, though. I'm not thrilled, but not up in arms over the Bucs collars. It could be worse. The Bills certainly look silly, simply due to color choice.

Oh I'm all the way up in arms about that effed-up collar. They stick out like a sore thumb scratch that--they stick out like a thumb that ain't even got no business being on the hand to begin with.

I still so sincerely hope the Glazers n' em get it in their heads to get that corrected before first kickoff.

I'd like the front bit to be black, as well, though I'd be wary of going the way the Texans did. I think it looks fine on the Texans (though I realize that's not a popular opinion) but I think it would look silly on the Bucs, mostly due to the colors. However, it wouldn't look as silly as the weird half-collar thing they've got as of this reveal.

Edited to add: Wow. Those RIDICULOUS Charger lightning panels look SO MUCH BETTER tapered like they are on the new cuts.

Something to keep in mind while complaining about the collars/stripes/etc: it's a feature, not a bug. Why would they "fix" the collar after the unveiling when that's what they were going for?

And blame the teams, not Nike. Green Bay, Oakland, and Philly look like they had the backbone to stand up and say, "No, we want EXACTLY what we were wearing before, thank you very much".

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Really curious to see what they did with the Dallas blues. Change of shade? Crappy new collar?

Oh crap. I hadn't even bothered to think about our other uniforms. I hope our away doesn't get screwed up. It's such a beautiful uniform.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

So, pretty much there was just enough ineptitude within the organizations to give thumbs up to the awful collars and interrupting pant elements. I'm simply not fond of Nike's flywire collar to begin with, but how did so many teams approve? Did they even see renderings? Or did they just tell Nike to copy?

Kansas City is definitely an improvement. I think they have the best uniform in the NFL now. I'm really wondering why the Niners did what they did with the sleeves.

I'm just hoping that this rehash of inventory means we see some variations, at least. For instance, I'm hoping the Falcons have black pants again.

I'd also like to see what teams have what third jerseys.

Really curious to see what they did with the Dallas blues. Change of shade? Crappy new collar?

Oh crap. I hadn't even bothered to think about our other uniforms. I hope our away doesn't get screwed up. It's such a beautiful uniform.

I need to confirm this, but I believe the Cowboys made one relatively small color change. - the helmet color was changed, and that color will now apply to the Silver also being used in the Road uniforms.

I should also mention that this new helmet/road uniform color is one that has NOT been used by the Cowboys in the past.

AND...this is the same color that the Patriots will now be using. (And the Raiders have already been using.)

I need to confirm this, but I believe the Cowboys made one relatively small color change. - the helmet color was changed, and that color will now apply to the Silver also being used in the Road uniforms.

I should also mention that this new helmet/road uniform color is one that has NOT been used by the Cowboys in the past.

AND...this is the same color that the Patriots will now be using. (And the Raiders have already been using.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that mean the Cowboys have two helmets (excluding the white helmet) one for the white uniform and one for the dark blue uniform? Or has their main helmet's color changed, but they're still just using one helmet (again, excluding the white helmet)?

EDIT: Here's a photo gallery from the Cowboys site that shows mostly Cowboy pictures, but they also have pictures of all the teams' primary uniforms with and without their helmets.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

IMO, the biggest disappointment wasn't the Seahawks unis (which aren't bad.......but they could've been MUCH better.). Nope, the biggest disappointment was the fact that they didn't fix the Cowboys' silvers. That is a damn shame.

Amen brother! I completely agree and contend that the Cowboys set is the worst in the NFL. Heck, I don't understand why everyone is ripping the Seahawks uniforms because everyone should have seen them coming when they announced a major change was coming and Nike was doing the makeover.

spacer.png

So, pretty much there was just enough ineptitude within the organizations to give thumbs up to the awful collars and interrupting pant elements. I'm simply not fond of Nike's flywire collar to begin with, but how did so many teams approve? Did they even see renderings? Or did they just tell Nike to copy?

Kansas City is definitely an improvement. I think they have the best uniform in the NFL now. I'm really wondering why the Niners did what they did with the sleeves.

I'm just hoping that this rehash of inventory means we see some variations, at least. For instance, I'm hoping the Falcons have black pants again.

The 49ers sleeves have been like that since they changed their uniforms and I've always hated it.

Is it just me or do the jerseys for sale on the Nike website look like absolute :censored:. I usually buy the mid range, now $130 version because the numbers are just so much better. Do they really look like that? No mesh? What is this? I need to get to a store and figure this out.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

The 49ers sleeves have been like that since they changed their uniforms and I've always hated it.

Me too. Only beacause there's no real reason for having the stripes like that.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived