NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

I just don't get the discrepancy. It's only $75-$80 for a Nike college football jersey that has sewn names and numbers (like on authentics, not premiers).

Nike also didn't have to pay a fortune for the rights to make those college football jerseys like they do w/ the NFL. That's not a defense of the higher prices, but a business case explaining the higher prices.

Plus, they charge the higher prices for NFL jerseys because they can. It's a bigger market and higher demand than for a college football jersey. Plus, you're paying for the Nike brand, which is more valuable than that of Reebok.

I agree with all of that...what does make these replicas look slightly different though is that they appear to have a more fitted cut to them as opposed to unfitted baggy mesh man dress that the reebok replicas evolved into.

from that aspect I'm interested in checking them out but am definitely not in the market.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what the "limited" jersey option on nike.com will be?? it won't be unveiled until june.

From what I understand it's the same as the Game jersey, with added Flywire and (stretchy?) tackle twill numerals.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

FYI according to Jim Thomas, beat writer for the Post-Dispatch, the gold pants are history for the Rams. @jthom1

Only 2 jersey colors for Rams new uniforms (blue and white) and only 2 pants colors (blue and white). The gold pants are gone. History.

If that's true, then it's a terrible decision on behalf of the Rams. Their gold pants are superior to any other pants they currently have.

I just don't get the discrepancy. It's only $75-$80 for a Nike college football jersey that has sewn names and numbers (like on authentics, not premiers).

Nike also didn't have to pay a fortune for the rights to make those college football jerseys like they do w/ the NFL. That's not a defense of the higher prices, but a business case explaining the higher prices.

Plus, they charge the higher prices for NFL jerseys because they can. It's a bigger market and higher demand than for a college football jersey. Plus, you're paying for the Nike brand, which is more valuable than that of Reebok.

I agree with all of that...what does make these replicas look slightly different though is that they appear to have a more fitted cut to them as opposed to unfitted baggy mesh man dress that the reebok replicas evolved into.

from that aspect I'm interested in checking them out but am definitely not in the market.

I'm not sure that I'm a jersey wearer anymore, but that was the first thing that caught my eye. I'll definitely be interested to at least see how it looks since I've long thought I look ridiculous in football jerseys.

Oh god, the Raiders replica has the Nike cut that the team didn't go with.

sSkFg.jpg

Ye1ZX.jpg

I believe every single replica piece uses that template.

Tailored fits on the cheap jerseys seems like a really bad idea. The target market for those things is still fat guys, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm torn, though there seems to be a few improvements.

I utterly HATE the collars; nothing says bush league like single-colored wide collars that don't go all the way around. They're something you'd expect from the 2010-present Arena Football League or some other cheaply-furnished semi-pro/amateur league. There's also a lack of variety; it reminds me of the Reebok RBK Edge launch of 2007; almost all (if not all) teams use the same template. I don't like the partially-covered pants stripes, either...those also look bush league. Metallic colors seem to be lacking (Tampa Bay is one exception off the top of my head). Don't even get me started on replicas if they're on par with counterfeits in quality:

terrible.pnga1675.jpg

I honestly expected better from a milti-billion dollar athletic clothing company like Nike; haven't they learned anything from their college football designs?

That said, I don't hate the Seahawks new look. In fact, I love their color scheme. If they could wear their Navy/White or White (Silver)/Navy combos, they'll be fine. Any of the monochromes look disjointed, though. Those pants also need some white or silver on them, as well. The Eagles also seem better, returning to an actual--if muted--green. The Packers (and Raiders) appear virtually unchanged, while others like the Browns, except for the stripes, look relatively unchanged.

So, in summary and returning to my Christmas analogy, there were a lot more lumps of coal under the tree.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

anyone else notice that on the authentic or whatever the heck nike is calling it on their store, the panthers have "keep pounding" on the inside of their collar?

All teams have mottoes on the inside collar, we just don't know what most of them are yet. I believe Seattle's references the "12th Man".

sSkFg.jpg

Ye1ZX.jpg

True. I was at the NFL's temporary shop in Midtown after the unveiling, and all the replicas (except those with custom panels and such) were the same awful template.

anyone else notice that on the authentic or whatever the heck nike is calling it on their store, the panthers have "keep pounding" on the inside of their collar?

All teams have mottoes on the inside collar, we just don't know what most of them are yet. I believe Seattle's references the "12th Man".

sSkFg.jpg

Ye1ZX.jpg

True. I was at the NFL's temporary shop in Midtown after the unveiling, and all the replicas (except those with custom panels and such) were the same awful template.

Interesting. So they had the replicas on display at the shop, but they aren't available for preorder until the 15th. Could you purchase the the temp shop?

sSkFg.jpg

Ye1ZX.jpg

Why does the replica have the same template as the game jersey, but the authentic doesn't? I find that weird.

Funny Story: I was at a Ross a few weeks ago, and found an authenitc A.J. Green Georgia jersey in the NFL's game template for 24$. Too bad I'm not a Georgia fan.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Anymore details, Goth? Could you see them up close and touch them? How is the quality? These "silicon" numbers have me intrigued. Just curious because I'm interested in what appears to be a more slim fit cut (I never look good in football jerseys). It also seems like people are quick to knock the replica pictures and I'm curious to your perspective since you've actually seen them!

Sure, you could touch them. The material was satiny, but not as shiny as the old fabric. A little stretchy, but not as much as I presume the authentica will be.

The silicon numbers felt to me like a thick silkscreen, a rubbery material painted on. I presume they were heat-pressed.

They had mesh panels on the sides. Didn't appear to be particularly slim-fitting, but they were draped over torso forms that might have been too small.

Archived