NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Does this flywire stuff do anything at all? It just seems like the snake oil of today. And are those mesh things on the stomach going to end up being those ridiculous dark splotches that some college teams?

1. Yes, it strengthens an area of the uniform that has a tendency to become damaged without adding significant amounts of weight via additional fabric.

2. Probably.

1. At least, that's the party line.

2. Oh, not probably... absolutely. Look for nasty belly blotches all over your NFL in 2112.

Dear God, this is a hundred-year contract?? :P

It'll probably feel that way. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless it has changed, you can make minor adjustment or tweaks at any time. It's a long time ago now, but the Eagles tweaked for three straight seasons after unveiling their new look in 96 (not sure if the 2003 redesign would be considered a tweak or not - I'd say not).

I'm sure there are more recent examples but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Unless it has changed, you can make minor adjustment or tweaks at any time. It's a long time ago now, but the Eagles tweaked for three straight seasons after unveiling their new look in 96 (not sure if the 2003 redesign would be considered a tweak or not - I'd say not).

I'm sure there are more recent examples but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

How about the pats first flying Elvis set? And I think the rams tweaked a couple of times with the current color set.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Redskins:

Really hope the gold pants are not dead. And if they aren't, they better have fixed the stripes.

Lukas is also saying that Orakpo hinted the confirmed 2012 alternate could be... black. :censored:. But damn it it'll probably look really cool.

Don't apologize for something you like.

People are making excuses all over the place for enjoying aspects of design, and it is completely unnecessary. You won't get kicked off the boards for voicing your positive opinion.

Yea... I know. I'd just much rather see a gold alternate or throwback if we really need a third jersey.

In a perfect world...

Home: Burgundy over Gold with consistent striping and striped socks.

Away: White over Burgundy the same as today.

Alternate: Gold over Burgundy or 1965 Throwback.

But if they do a Black Alterante it better be all black with burgundy or gold numbers. I better be able to tell it's the Redskins.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Saw on UniWatch today that the Chiefs aren't using the flywire collar. Anyone have any good pics of that area? It was pretty hard to tell with the pictures I've seen, but if that's the case, good for them.

7042421387_67346b68bd_b.jpg

I think the sleeve stripes look a little weird.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Saw on UniWatch today that the Chiefs aren't using the flywire collar. Anyone have any good pics of that area? It was pretty hard to tell with the pictures I've seen, but if that's the case, good for them.

I think it's better. Several players were cutting the stripes off anyway. These are bolder. I really wish we'd drop the yellow, though. The solid red socks Bowe wore on Halloween did wonders for the uniform.

The Chefs look phenomenal.

spacer.png

Looks the opposite to me. The white part on the sleeve is thicker and yellow thinner and on the sock the other way around.

Solid red socks would fix that. But width difference aside, I'm very happy with the change. And I'm a picky bastard.

But if you go to Nike's website and look at the Elite Jersey, the flywire is on the Chiefs jersey. I mentioned this on UniWatch today. I think all 32 teams (even the Packers and Patriots) will have the option of wearing the flywire and/or the cooling system jersey cut because both are performance based versus being a fashion statement. Use the previous NY Giants uniforms as an example. Some players wore a completely different uniform (stretch) and some wore the regular cut. I'm assuming this was based on performance preference and this will be the same way for this as well. It just doesn't make sense to see the flywire on the Elite Jersey if this wasn't the case. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out during the 2012 season.

The Patriots are also going with the new Nike uniform, but without the flywire collar. They just didn't think it looked very good. Add it to the long list of reasons why the Kraft Family are great owners.

So I don't have to search through the thread, can someone tell me how close is an Elite 51 jersey to an actual game day uniform? Or will there be another option for an actual authentic jersey?

The Chefs look phenomenal.

Aside from using black on the helmet and nowhere else and yellow on everything but the helmet.

Look for nasty belly blotches all over your NFL in 2112.

Doubtful. By that time they'll have taken care of everything - the words you read, the songs you sing . . .

The Patriots are also going with the new Nike uniform, but without the flywire collar. They just didn't think it looked very good. Add it to the long list of reasons why the Kraft Family are great owners.

Bob Kraft: "Jonathan, did you read UniWatch this morning? Lukas is calling that Nike thing a 'Columbian Necktie.'"

Jonathan Kraft: "You betcha, Dad. Gee I'm glad we showed Nike who is boss."

Bob Kraft: "Son, the important lesson here is that it pays manage every detail of your franchise by yourself and put aesthetics before showmanship."

Jonathan Kraft: "I love you Dad."

But seriously, we need to not call the Packers, Raiders, and Patriots heroes for standing up to Lord Nike. Those franchises are all out to make money just like any other company. Personally, I think that the Raiders not adopting a black Flywire shows stubbornness and the characteristics Al Davis was often lampooned for when he was alive.

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

But seriously, we need to not call the Packers, Raiders, and Patriots heroes for standing up to Lord Nike. Those franchises are all out to make money just like any other company. Personally, I think that the Raiders not adopting a black Flywire shows stubbornness and the characteristics Al Davis was often lampooned for when he was alive.

It's stubbornness to want to preserve your aesthetic tradition and team brand by not bowing to the whims of Nike? Interesting.

Archived