NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

I expect for all the jerseys to be altered slightly an be more form fitting come kickoff time. I'm sure they'll fit similar to ok states, which fit really nicely IMO. And if I'm not mistaken that's mike brisell #55 not just a random 55 jersey.

Chris Myers. Mike Breisel signed with OAK.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this will encourage some of these athletes to get in better shape, as all of their belly fat and :censored: will be exposed more now than ever.

Actually, if the replicas are more tailored and form fitting now, hopefully it'll encourage every fat ass that wears jerseys around to get in better shape as well. Nike might be saving our country from its obesity epidemic.

A few years from now, when Americans are considered the most healthy and in-shape people in the world, we may look back on 4/3/2012 as a historic day in our nation's history.

play60

POTD!

No. Not even close.

BB52Big.jpg

I expect for all the jerseys to be altered slightly an be more form fitting come kickoff time. I'm sure they'll fit similar to ok states, which fit really nicely IMO. And if I'm not mistaken that's mike brisell #55 not just a random 55 jersey.

Chris Myers. Mike Breisel signed with OAK.

I'm dumb. Always get them confused. Always.

Overall an extremely disappointing effort by Nike. This was supposed to be their big show, and they blew it.

I'm a Seahawks fan, and there are a few things I like, but more that I don't.

Number font

Green trim

Pants

Seahawks meet at the back of the helmet

The 12 feathers on the pants and collar for the 12th man

Dilikes:

The chest/shoulder stripe is not only a bad idea, it's poorly executed. Especially the gray + green on the home jersey that draws attention to the swoosh

Gray numbers on the home jersey: stupid and unnecessary. White numbers would pop so much better, and are what the Hawks have always had. Nike's recent quest to put gray on everything is getting annoying. At least here - unlike Boise State - gray is a traditional Seahawks color.

Replica jerseys are going to look like t-shirts, and Nike's going to charge $100 for the right to wear probably $20 worth of material.

The gray alt is also unnecessary. The could at least have made a better green jersey with this template.

Overall disappointments with the league redesign:

-They kept the absurd 49ers sleeve stripes the same

-The Texans' GIANT COLLAR

-You get flywire! You get flywire! Everyone gets flywire!

-Lots of elements are cheap, amateurish looking. And flywire only looks good on plain collars.

-The Bengals' jerseys still suck beyond belief

-The Bills' retro design is completely messed up by (guess what) the collar.

-Didn't unveil any white/alternate jerseys (outside the 'Hawks)

Mariners | Sounders FC | Seahawks | Washington State

Why couldn't the Bills take advantage of just half of the Nike flywire innovation?

KVbk0.jpg

Ultimately it was the Bills' choice and not Nike though. I guess the Bills, Ravens, and a few others just didn't care. I wish the collar remained untouched for those teams.

Hopefully this will encourage some of these athletes to get in better shape, as all of their belly fat and :censored: will be exposed more now than ever.

Actually, if the replicas are more tailored and form fitting now, hopefully it'll encourage every fat ass that wears jerseys around to get in better shape as well. Nike might be saving our country from its obesity epidemic.

A few years from now, when Americans are considered the most healthy and in-shape people in the world, we may look back on 4/3/2012 as a historic day in our nation's history.

play60

POTD!

No. Not even close.

No, he's dead on. Take it from a ladies point of view, fellas. An out of shape man wearing an athletes uniform is pretty laughable unless you are actually at the game. Wearing it around town and looking like you're trying to smuggle a pillow or bowling ball just looks bad. And even worse when it's tucked in to your pants. I hope these new jerseys do aide in getting the Wal Mart society to put down the remote control and get active. We will gladly thank you for it. ^_^

Seems like most people think that any version of the Nike retail uniforms look like form fitting t-shirts.

Is this a fail in progress, much how RBK marketed and flopped with the Edge Uniform System??

so far i think the reebok replica hockey jerseys are alot better, but we shall see

spacer.png

spacer.png

Is this a fail in progress, much how RBK marketed and flopped with the Edge Uniform System??

I don't think so, primarily because so many teams used the EDGE introduction to change their uniforms, leading to the mistaken "RBK forced them to ditch anything unique" sentiment.

That was the biggest outrage I remember over EDGE, not uniform fit, and I don't see anything of the kind here.

I don't know about everyone else, but I just do not like the look of the fabric for these Elite 51 uniforms. The following Texans picture looks faded too me:

dsc07371.jpg

compared to this beautiful look from them:

jacksonvillejaguarsvhoustontexanscsv4buphjx2l.jpg

I know this new technology does not have sheen to the jersey as the previous Reebok set and I hope over time either Nike changes their material or the NFL teams tell them to take a hike.

spacer.png

@nuordr, the material is less "shiny" but wait til you see it in person or on tv. you're comparing a camera phone to an HD camera in completely different lighting environments here. i dont think it will be as bad as you think.

i prefer more of a matte look anyway, shiny clothing/uniform is a bit ridiculous. i think most people will look back on this time and feel the same way one day.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived