NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

I don't recall seeing photos posted of the Texans away uniforms. We've already seen the red versions. Might as well post the blue one, too, since it's a new shot. I find myself not minding the oversized collars. Surprised most teams preferred the two tone collar to the larger one.

DSC07376--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?

DSC07379--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?

DSC07365--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't recall seeing photos posted of the Texans away uniforms. We've already seen the red versions. Might as well post the blue one, too, since it's a new shot. I find myself not minding the oversized collars. Surprised most teams preferred the two tone collar to the larger one.

Nope, those are the first time they've made the boards here. Good catch.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Here is a comparison of the retail replica reebok jersery vs the new Nike ones.

575557_10150813164675659_72631215658_12076134_1254734194_n.jpg

I simply cannot wrap my brain around the blocked flywire collar. It's horrible. Why couldn't the Bills follow along with Detroit and just drop the collar all together?

After seeing the on field version with the serverely stretched out half collar, all those teams with the half collar are going to look pretty bad out there.

The picture on the left is distorted. Look at the length/width of his face and forearms.

If you look at his forearm it is actually the window frame behind him that makes one look thicker.

Face looks pretty natural to me, I think it's the fact that he's smiling in one, so his teeth are closer together, making his jaw appear shorter.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

DSC07376--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?

DSC07379--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?

And I see they're still wearing the navy socks with the navy pants, instead of the red socks they wore for the first few years.

This one, seemingly small change ruins the whole look for me. The red socks balanced out the red numbers, and (most importantly) created contrast against the pants.

Navy pants with red socks... great uniform. Navy pants with navy socks... crap.

And I see they're still wearing the navy socks with the navy pants, instead of the red socks they wore for the first few years.

This one, seemingly small change ruins the whole look for me. The red socks balanced out the red numbers, and (most importantly) created contrast against the pants.

Navy pants with red socks... great uniform. Navy pants with navy socks... crap.

Don't always agree with your uniform opinions, but this time I 100% agree.

I no longer like the Houston Texans uniforms. At all.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I got it off the Bills facebook page. Oddly enough several of the facebook commenters were saying the same thing about possible photoshopping and the photo is no longer there. It's strange because it was posted in response to the concern in sizing from Reebok to Nike to help jersey sales.

I really have no problems with what the Bills and Nike did to the uniforms except with the whole blocked flywire collar thing. Why can't Nike implement a full collar and flywire? We'll never land on Mars until Nike can make the spacesuits with a color coordinated lockdown fit. I wonder if teams like Baltimore and San Diego feel the same way. That half blocked collar completely ruins the Bills Nike uniform, a uniform I would otherwise consider purchasing if it the flywire was wither part of a complete collar or removed all together.

The Bills f'd up and made a terribad decision.

Yeah i'm not sure why they couldnt sublimate like a faux collar into the fabric. like instead of a solid piece of fabric, die it to look like the respective teams collars. It seemed to work out just fine for the pats, i wonder why other teams didt jump on board. The texans collars look a tad thick but i would 100% rather have that than a half collar. oh, and i like the navy pants/socks combo.

Yeah i'm not sure why they couldnt sublimate like a faux collar into the fabric. like instead of a solid piece of fabric, die it to look like the respective teams collars. It seemed to work out just fine for the pats, i wonder why other teams didt jump on board.

True, but the Patriots are also not using the flywire collar; they are using a "plain" collar instead. Most of the other teams who chose to use the Nike template simply decided to use the flywire collar, which resulted in some odd looks like the Bills half-collar, etc.

Yeah i'm not sure why they couldnt sublimate like a faux collar into the fabric. like instead of a solid piece of fabric, die it to look like the respective teams collars. It seemed to work out just fine for the pats, i wonder why other teams didt jump on board.

True, but the Patriots are also not using the flywire collar; they are using a "plain" collar instead. Most of the other teams who chose to use the Nike template simply decided to use the flywire collar, which resulted in some odd looks like the Bills half-collar, etc.

I figured the flywire is just used as reinforcement. Like done after the collars been formed. I could be way wrong though.

This for example is how i figured the packers would look: GBPC.jpg

Needless to say, i was wrong.

Here is a comparison of the retail replica reebok jersery vs the new Nike ones.

575557_10150813164675659_72631215658_12076134_1254734194_n.jpg

I simply cannot wrap my brain around the blocked flywire collar. It's horrible. Why couldn't the Bills follow along with Detroit and just drop the collar all together?

After seeing the on field version with the serverely stretched out half collar, all those teams with the half collar are going to look pretty bad out there.

The picture on the left is distorted. Look at the length/width of his face and forearms.

If you look at his forearm it is actually the window frame behind him that makes one look thicker.

Face looks pretty natural to me, I think it's the fact that he's smiling in one, so his teeth are closer together, making his jaw appear shorter.

Yeah, but all things being equal, i.e. arms at rest, hands at sides, how are his arms that much longer in the the left picture? His forearms (both of them) are visibly thinner and longer, his head is taller, and his forehead is thinner (measure it) in the left picture. Distance from the bottom of his chin to his shirt collar is longer on the left, when it should be shorter due what you described above regarding the smile. Nose is narrower on the left. To me, the photo on the left even looks slightly lower in quality, which would indicate manipulation.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I mean I don't really care about the person in the picture. Fact is that the Nike jersey blows the Reebok one out of the water. It's not like they photoshopped it just to make the reebok one look like crap. They all look that way

I have a feeling the Nike unveiling was awkward for a lot of teams. Like the 49ers could've looked at how much better the Bears triple striping turned out and realized how bad they missed the mark. Or those teams that went with the half colored flywire collars could've been looking around at the better collar translations and thinking "dammit I thought everyone else would do it too, now we look pretty stupid." And then there's the Texans etc. etc.

My point is, as time progresses, these failed design differences will become more and more apparent. So hopefully these certain organizations will own up and we'll find that some tweaks are in order to salvage what could've been.

I mentioned this in the other Nike jersey thread, but I am pretty certain that the "failure to fix stripes" issue with SF/IND/whoever else is only viewed as a "problem" by us. Teams just don't care. If the teams wanted them "fixed", they'd have gotten "fixed". If five teams can opt to wear the old template, then Nike would have fixed a sleeve stripe problem.

I guarantee you Irsay doesn't give a crap about the Indy sleeve stripe, or the Niners owner isn't thinking, "Why are the sleeve stripes wrong?!" They don't consider it a problem because they don't consider it at all.

That's pretty accurate. It wouldn't be hard for an owner to say, "Give me some options on how to make these shoulder loops look better," and Nike would do some sketches, talk with its supplier, make a presentation showing the team 3-5 different ways they could execute shoulder loops, then the owner would pick his/her favorite and that'd be that.

You just need an team who cares enough, like the Packers and Raiders apparently do.

I would agree 100% in the case of the Colts, Jets, etc. They obviously don't think its an issue. But the 49ers are a weird case. They specifically came up with that strange "solution" of how to deal with the sleeve stripes because they WERE thinking about it. I remember reading about it from links on this site... they saw what they thought was a problem with the slanted look of the stripes on the previous throwback set, and came up with these cut off stripes to keep the look horizontal. I know its pretty much universally hated here, but I assume they must be very happy with it. Otherwise they probably would've done some adjustment... they've gone on record as saying they were looking for a solution to the problem of fitting an older look onto a new template.

yea thats a recent "solution" that someone or team of people thinks is a proper one. i will never be able to understand why that got on the field. they should look at the Bears jersey and feel ashamed

if i were calling shots for Colts i think id leave those truncated stripes though. the full loop was a design ment for a completely different jersey, and it worked. i dont think it is a proper solution for today's cuts. as the jersey has changed, so should this design.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I mean I don't really care about the person in the picture. Fact is that the Nike jersey blows the Reebok one out of the water. It's not like they photoshopped it just to make the reebok one look like crap. They all look that way

It's about credibility, and if you're modifying your evidence to make your point look stronger, you're actually making your point weaker. I'm willing to be the Nike one is better because of the thirty extra dollars they are making on each one. If they were selling these for $70 like the Reebok replicas, they would have probably looked just as bad.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I used my free shop runner account and got 2 ravens jerseys (white and purple)so i will post photos once they arrive. Then keep the one I like best and send the other back. Love shoprunner and their free shipping both ways

873a8d1f2a077a02fa4e7fb2ceb208dd.gif

They could be brothers or twins, too. It's not likely, but it is possible, I suppose.

So this makes it look like if you were a large you're still a large in nike, but someone posted earlier a nike vs Reebok chart and Nike had Large replica 41-44 and XL 44-48 chest. Meaning I'd be XL in nike and Large(chest 48-50) in Reebok.

^^ actually... the guy probably could have taken a medium in the reebok jersey. so that size chart sounds on point.

also, the photo on the left is obviously skewed a bit.... probably 95% its original width, but the graphic is still helpful. its apparent this cat is not a photoshop wiz.

Archived