NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

The only white jersey that I have saw is the Cowboys and the Seahawks.

When is the banjo-on-the-porch concert? :)

What are you talking about?

Well you edited your post. Nevermind.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the difference between a camera phone and an HD camera, but I hate matte looks. Always have and always will.

The sheen looks nice, but I prefer matte looks when it comes to jerseys for one reason and one reason only. I can stand the feel of matte material. It's a personal thing, but I've never been able to stand the feel of the shinny sheen fabric they used on replica football jerseys.

Have any images of white jerseys been released yet?

Well, Dallas. But other than that I think the Jaguars showed their white one's, but I can't find a pic.

ApkgjLZCIAAowaB.jpg

Well I suppose that flywire negates the need for those lace-up drawstring things now...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Here is the Niners white jersey:

1d390e587dab11e1be6a12313820455d_7_medium.jpg

Stripes should have been fixed. That's really going to bug me.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

it's a striping abomination...I can't believe that nike went along with one of the dumbest design elements ever...intentionally truncated uniform stripes...was this jed york's doing?..I'm placing the blame on him.

it's a striping abomination...I can't believe that nike went along with one of the dumbest design elements ever...intentionally truncated uniform stripes...was this jed york's doing?..I'm placing the blame on him.

It was not their decision, it was the 49ers.

It was not their decision, it was the 49ers.

This. I'm sure they weren't thrilled to slap Adidas stripes on a Nike jersey.

This disappearing 3 stripe thing was a introduced a few years back so they are still within the 5 year no changing the uniform rule window just like the Jags. They could not change it this year but maybe next year just like the Jags as well.

I'm sure some of you are aware but the idea was to keep the old tradition of the 49ers three stripes (not Adidas stripes) but to update it in a way that all the players would look the same. In the past some lineman (and maybe some other players) would cut their sleeves shorter for a better feel and cut off the stripes with it. By making the stripes disappear into the cuff, they could give the lineman the sleeve cut they wanted but also keep the 3 stripes (on the inside of the sleeve anyways. Some linemen still have them cut off but everyone has the one top stripe all around) and make everyone look the same. That's my understanding of it but if I missed anything, let me know.

This disappearing 3 stripe thing was a introduced a few years back so they are still within the 5 year no changing the uniform rule window just like the Jags. They could not change it this year but maybe next year just like the Jags as well.

I'm sure some of you are aware but the idea was to keep the old tradition of the 49ers three stripes (not Adidas stripes) but to update it in a way that all the players would look the same. In the past some lineman (and maybe some other players) would cut their sleeves shorter for a better feel and cut the stripes with it. By making the stripes disappear into the cuff, they could give the lineman the sleeve cut they wanted but also keep the 3 stripes (on the inside of the sleeve anyways) and make everyone look the same. That's my understanding of it but if I missed anything, let me know.

regardless of the intent the execution was terrible. I'm pretty sure fixing the stripes would not fall under the 5 year rule as it would be an alteration and not a wholesale change.

there are clearly better ways to implement a 3 stripe pattern on the shoulders/sleeves...the template transition was a perfect opportunity to fix an obvious mistake.

I'm sure some of you are aware but the idea was to keep the old tradition of the 49ers three stripes (not Adidas stripes) but to update it in a way that all the players would look the same. In the past some lineman (and maybe some other players) would cut their sleeves shorter for a better feel and cut off the stripes with it. By making the stripes disappear into the cuff, they could give the lineman the sleeve cut they wanted but also keep the 3 stripes (on the inside of the sleeve anyways. Some linemen still have them cut off but everyone has the one top stripe all around) and make everyone look the same. That's my understanding of it but if I missed anything, let me know.

I hate that rule.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I hate that rule.

It is a necessary rule, but it doesn't apply here. The 49ers couldn't make wholesale changes, but they certainly could make tweaks. As others have posted, the Eagles made tweaks a few years in a row. The Rams went from blue and yellow in 1999, to navy and gold with block numbers in 2000, then to the custom font in 2001, before dropping the gold side panels in 2002. The 49ers certainly could have fixed the sleeve striping this year, but they apparently think it's a good idea.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I hate that rule.

It is a necessary rule, but it doesn't apply here. The 49ers couldn't make wholesale changes, but they certainly could make tweaks. As others have posted, the Eagles made tweaks a few years in a row. The Rams went from blue and yellow in 1999, to navy and gold with block numbers in 2000, then to the custom font in 2001, before dropping the gold side panels in 2002. The 49ers certainly could have fixed the sleeve striping this year, but they apparently think it's a good idea.

I can't remember the story why but does anyone know why the rams went with the block numbers on the on field jerseys the 1st year while all of the replicas already had the custom font?

also jax went through an interesting transition with nike by adding side panels and a custom font then having to replace the font once the regular season started due to legibility issues...they also got rid of the black panels after only 2-3 seasons.

Quick question. So I know that it was rumored awhile ago that every team would be getting some "cool" slogan inside of the collar, but so far i have only seen and heard about the Panthers "Keep Pounding." And maybe I heard there was a 21 in the Seahawks? not sure if that was official or not. Did everyone else just tell Nike to shove it and decide not to have a slogan or will they be trickling out this summer leading into the season?

So does anyone know when the Vapor Jet gloves will go on sale?

Asking this again.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

One thing that I don't believe anyone has picked up on is that the manufacturer's mark and the NFL logo on the pants have appeared to swap sides.

nike_nfl_uniforms_142377465_620x350.jpg

I think many of us picked up on it, but it's a pretty inconsequential detail in the grand scheme of things.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived