NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brett Favre continued to wear his Nike cold-weather jersey for the first couple years of the Reebok contract, they just covered up the swoosh. Something tells me that's not going to work these days.

Ripon made him a new one with the proper logos, but he felt the old one was lucky, so they patched it. Ochocinco, or whatever he'll call himself by then, won't have an option.

One thing that I don't believe anyone has picked up on is that the manufacturer's mark and the NFL logo on the pants have appeared to swap sides.

nike_nfl_uniforms_142377465_620x350.jpg

I saw them when they were first unveiled. In fact, I thought the designs that people do here had them all on the wrong side, but it seems that's how Nike did for the college squads.

I have a feeling the Nike unveiling was awkward for a lot of teams. Like the 49ers could've looked at how much better the Bears triple striping turned out and realized how bad they missed the mark. Or those teams that went with the half colored flywire collars could've been looking around at the better collar translations and thinking "dammit I thought everyone else would do it too, now we look pretty stupid." And then there's the Texans etc. etc.

My point is, as time progresses, these failed design differences will become more and more apparent. So hopefully these certain organizations will own up and we'll find that some tweaks are in order to salvage what could've been.

Midway.png

So does anyone know when the Vapor Jet gloves will go on sale?

Asking this again.

They're up on eastbay

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:177606/sku:60093001/nike-vapor-jet-2.0-receiver-glove-mens/black/white/?cm=searchfootballgloves#sku=60093801

I was referring to the team-specific gloves.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I have a feeling the Nike unveiling was awkward for a lot of teams. Like the 49ers could've looked at how much better the Bears triple striping turned out and realized how bad they missed the mark. Or those teams that went with the half colored flywire collars could've been looking around at the better collar translations and thinking "dammit I thought everyone else would do it too, now we look pretty stupid." And then there's the Texans etc. etc.

My point is, as time progresses, these failed design differences will become more and more apparent. So hopefully these certain organizations will own up and we'll find that some tweaks are in order to salvage what could've been.

I mentioned this in the other Nike jersey thread, but I am pretty certain that the "failure to fix stripes" issue with SF/IND/whoever else is only viewed as a "problem" by us. Teams just don't care. If the teams wanted them "fixed", they'd have gotten "fixed". If five teams can opt to wear the old template, then Nike would have fixed a sleeve stripe problem.

I guarantee you Irsay doesn't give a crap about the Indy sleeve stripe, or the Niners owner isn't thinking, "Why are the sleeve stripes wrong?!" They don't consider it a problem because they don't consider it at all.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I mentioned this in the other Nike jersey thread, but I am pretty certain that the "failure to fix stripes" issue with SF/IND/whoever else is only viewed as a "problem" by us. Teams just don't care. If the teams wanted them "fixed", they'd have gotten "fixed". If five teams can opt to wear the old template, then Nike would have fixed a sleeve stripe problem.

I guarantee you Irsay doesn't give a crap about the Indy sleeve stripe, or the Niners owner isn't thinking, "Why are the sleeve stripes wrong?!" They don't consider it a problem because they don't consider it at all.

That's pretty accurate. It wouldn't be hard for an owner to say, "Give me some options on how to make these shoulder loops look better," and Nike would do some sketches, talk with its supplier, make a presentation showing the team 3-5 different ways they could execute shoulder loops, then the owner would pick his/her favorite and that'd be that.

You just need an team who cares enough, like the Packers and Raiders apparently do.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That's pretty accurate. It wouldn't be hard for an owner to say, "Give me some options on how to make these shoulder loops look better," and Nike would do some sketches, talk with its supplier, make a presentation showing the team 3-5 different ways they could execute shoulder loops, then the owner would pick his/her favorite and that'd be that.

You just need an team who cares enough, like the Packers and Raiders apparently do.

I would agree 100% in the case of the Colts, Jets, etc. They obviously don't think its an issue. But the 49ers are a weird case. They specifically came up with that strange "solution" of how to deal with the sleeve stripes because they WERE thinking about it. I remember reading about it from links on this site... they saw what they thought was a problem with the slanted look of the stripes on the previous throwback set, and came up with these cut off stripes to keep the look horizontal. I know its pretty much universally hated here, but I assume they must be very happy with it. Otherwise they probably would've done some adjustment... they've gone on record as saying they were looking for a solution to the problem of fitting an older look onto a new template.

Here is a comparison of the retail replica reebok jersery vs the new Nike ones.

575557_10150813164675659_72631215658_12076134_1254734194_n.jpg

I simply cannot wrap my brain around the blocked flywire collar. It's horrible. Why couldn't the Bills follow along with Detroit and just drop the collar all together?

After seeing the on field version with the serverely stretched out half collar, all those teams with the half collar are going to look pretty bad out there.

Great comparison image. Thanks for finding that.

I spoke to the folks at the Houston Texans team store at Reliant. They said they'd have the new authentics in store on Thursday morning. I am planning on going to see them for myself. I'll report back on how they look & fit in person. I have a couple of the Reebok authentics, so I can relate them to each other.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Really liking the look of the Nike piece on a real person. Just comparing the two, the Reebok version looks like he is wearing some shapeless, oversized bed sheet. The Nike one actually looks like it has a shape and follows the form of the body. It's also a plus that it's a more "traditional" cut and normal sized. I'm also looking forward to Nike's sizing. I've seen options for smalls and mediums. If I recall, I think Reebok's smallest adult size was medium- but it still was an overly large shirt more fitting for a large.

Here is a comparison of the retail replica reebok jersery vs the new Nike ones.

575557_10150813164675659_72631215658_12076134_1254734194_n.jpg

I simply cannot wrap my brain around the blocked flywire collar. It's horrible. Why couldn't the Bills follow along with Detroit and just drop the collar all together?

After seeing the on field version with the serverely stretched out half collar, all those teams with the half collar are going to look pretty bad out there.

The picture on the left is distorted. Look at the length/width of his face and forearms.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The sleeve stripes loook much better on the Nike, but I think that Reebok is a defective jersey from Marshalls. The numbers are huge. those have got to be back numbers on the front of the jersey. Still, they shouldn't have been placed higher like the Nike one. As for the Nike, aside from the horrendous collars, they could have still taken 2-6 inches off of the sleeves.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

One thing that I don't believe anyone has picked up on is that the manufacturer's mark and the NFL logo on the pants have appeared to swap sides.

nike_nfl_uniforms_142377465_620x350.jpg

I saw them when they were first unveiled. In fact, I thought the designs that people do here had them all on the wrong side, but it seems that's how Nike did for the college squads.

Different generations of pro combat pants (in college) have the swoosh on different sides. The newest (Speed Machine) pants have them on the players left hip (like the NFL ones).

628x471.jpg

Archived