NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texans collar looks awful!

ApkiENdCIAAFwb2.jpg

Its becuase the Texans appear to be the only team to go with the flywire option and have both the flywire & collar as a completely different color from the base color of the jersey. Most teams either chose to have the flywire match the base color of the jersey or have the jersey, flywire, and color all be the same color.

They say "Everything is BIGGER in Texas." Now the Texans have the jersey collar to prove it lol

NYCdog.png

From the Seahawks "WTF?", to the Panthers "standing pat". Sleeves are still uneven and colors still mismatch. Such a disappointment following the hype.

Bottom line: Nike just played us ALL.

Not entirely, I'm convinced the shoulder loops are different now.

Although I do take your point that they are still functionally the same.

Which is a good thing.

EDIT: All the things they could've put on the inside of the Panthers' collar and they went for 'Keep Pounding'!? :blink:

That is their motto and the name of a charitable organization started in memory of Sam Mills.

Honors late Panthers LB Sam Mills who passed away. He started a "Keep Pounding" foundation.

I did not know that. In that case, fair enough.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

big letdown

1. no silver helmets or pants for the seahawks

2. green pants for cowboys

3. potential leggings for the ravens again

I acutally like the pewter Cowboy Pants having a slightly blue sheen to them. I am disappointed that the Seahawks did not introduce a silver helmet however.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

"@Hail_Magazine: Orakpo says there's an alternate jersey that hasn't been revealed yet."

I can't see it being anything other than black. Hasn't Snyder been pining for black for ages?

No.

Black won't enter the Redskins now that Bruce Allen is the GM. He made the gold pants return (which are not at the unveiling today...) and is big on displaying the colors.

I also saw him in February at a Redskins Chalk Talk and he spoke of the inside of the collar AND big things for the 80th Anniversary. So expect a throwback.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

PGjQp.jpg

Completely unnecessary breaking of the side stripe. I'm tired of this whole hexagonal pad thing. If I wanted hexes I'd go play war games.

Are you seriously going to complain about a half inch of fabric cover that covers the stripe that won't even be seen when the jersey hangs loose or comes untucked? You won't even notice it during a game.

confirmed. the nike swoosh will be facing forward on the right sleeve. makes sense because the swoosh represents a wing. i wasnt buying into the whole "nike brand image" thing people were saying.

So the Packers... jerseys went unchanged, yes? same template from last year?

So it appears.

153672_lawm.jpg

So much for "the Packers are going modern" rumours :D

Yeah, but that was a Twitter rumor. Only slightly less reliable than Wikipedia. ;)

"Of course, you lied to us about your sister and all that, but that doesn't count. We didn't believe you."

There's a joke in there somewhere about meeting Phil Knight in the orient.

big letdown

1. no silver helmets or pants for the seahawks

2. green pants for cowboys

3. potential leggings for the ravens again

4. 49ers mangled stripes intact

5. Steelers stripes cut off at the bottom

6. Bears stripes wrap around the shoulder less and tv numbers on the shoulders

PGjQp.jpg

Completely unnecessary breaking of the side stripe. I'm tired of this whole hexagonal pad thing. If I wanted hexes I'd go play war games.

Are you seriously going to complain about a half inch of fabric cover that covers the stripe that won't even be seen when the jersey hangs loose or comes untucked? You won't even notice it during a game.

yeeep, I am :) Because it's a lack of attention to detail. It could have been fixed, but it wasn't. To be fair, I like the flywire collar on us because it reinforces the two side stripes and helmet stripe pointing at the face, without the V breaking that up. Now the helmet and jersey stripes won't be the same color this year, so it will still break up the effect a little......

I could go on, but I won't. It's just the little things. :)

Archived