College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

AvIrzy6CEAARAGo.jpg

the jersey looks terrible. is it just these guys' tailoring or are the shoulder cuts way too small? looks worse than ever. i wonder if these guys are even wearing the right size jersey. the different colored shoulder area is driving me nuts. then the font with gradient fills. this is so bad it looks like a Russel uniform

They got stuck with the same cap sleeves that TCU had last year. They drive me crazy.

Nikes-New-TCU-Football-Uniform-1.JPG

Fix that and the gradient numbers and these uniforms aren't that bad.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Virginia Tech's wounded warrior jerseys

VTechwoundedwarriorjersey.jpg

There is no way this uniform is real

source for this? and why isn't this on the new nike templates?

theres alot of things that makes it lose legitimacy. It's not on the nike speed template, Va Tech doesn't use that number style and when nike uses print in there numbers they have it outlined

Maybe, but if they are making these uniforms to auction off (and it isn't a Nike project where Nike picks up the tab), why would they use the speed machine template that costs twice as much (esp. considering they don't even use the speed machine template for their normal uniforms yet).

AvIrzy6CEAARAGo.jpg

Not the best in the world, but aside from the gradients its a fairly clean look. Upgrade IMO

Is it just me or is that the same template as Kentucky?

Yes it's the speed machine template

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

AvIrzy6CEAARAGo.jpg

Not the best in the world, but aside from the gradients its a fairly clean look. Upgrade IMO

Is it just me or is that the same template as Kentucky?

Yes it's the speed machine template

I think he meant more than that. Like template + colorblocking.

HGI's facebook says this is a prototype but i sure hope to see this used in this years procombat uniforms for Ohio State.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/575776_380750028640514_700965407_n.jpg

:puke:

Get a torch and melt this thing. Please. oh god I don't think I've ever seen an uglier helmet in my life. And for Ohio State?!?!? HELL NO

Manchester-City-icon.png

HGI's facebook says this is a prototype but i sure hope to see this used in this years procombat uniforms for Ohio State.

Get a torch and melt this thing. Please. oh god I don't think I've ever seen an uglier helmet in my life. And for Ohio State?!?!? HELL NO

I actually kinda like it.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Oh maaann. Yeah thats bad. Yeesh.

I can't help but be a little happy to see this happen to Ohio State though. I hope this is real. :grin:

90758391980.gif

575776_380750028640514_700965407_n.jpg

That's about as cool as a barbed wire tattoo.

leave andy katzenmoyer out of this.

seriously leave the excessive chrome and diamond plating to the ford f250's with the 24" lift and 36" mickey thompsons

seriously leave the excessive chrome and diamond plating to the ford f250's with the 24" lift and 36" mickey thompsons

The helmet stripe playing off O$U, and the chrome I don't mind. It could work.. The Diamond plating. Yeah no, that's where this helmet goes from OK to bad. Tooooo XFL. I'll throw the mean machine, steelers, and '08 Oregon Ducks into the comparisons. So matte was the big fad, now we go opposite spectrum, does everyone go super chrome?

Also, is there a pattern in the stripe? It looks like something, but I can't tell if it's just the way the decal is or how it was shot, or if there is something subtly in there.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Change the red to yellow, slap a Steelers logo on the sides one side, and that's a fantastic helmet still a horrible helmet.

The helmet stripe playing off O$U, and the chrome I don't mind. It could work.. The Diamond plating. Yeah no, that's where this helmet goes from OK to bad. Tooooo XFL.

The XFL had diamond plating?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

AvIrzy6CEAARAGo.jpg

the jersey looks terrible. is it just these guys' tailoring or are the shoulder cuts way too small? looks worse than ever. i wonder if these guys are even wearing the right size jersey. the different colored shoulder area is driving me nuts. then the font with gradient fills. this is so bad it looks like a Russel uniform

They got stuck with the same cap sleeves that TCU had last year. They drive me crazy.

TCU's jerseys are fitting better in that picture or something. look how the seem comes under the armpit, not off the shoulder, or running into the shoulder. i dont know, it just looks like the Razorback guys' jerseys are too small. maybe its something that can be fixed with proper tailoring/sizing

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

AvIrzy6CEAARAGo.jpg

Stupid templated sleeves: Check

Gradient numbers which have no business existing: Check

Unnecessary monochrome of every single uni: Check

Yep, just another standard crappy college football unveil. God I hate my generation for being 'impressed' by this :censored:

UGLY.

Incidentally much as I dislike chrome helmets as a rule I think one actually could work for Ohio State, if it was kept as just a basic chrome version of what they currently have, this though, is hideous.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Color me crazy, but I like that helmet a lot. I have a feeling if that becomes their pro combat, that they'll pull something out to go with it. Still, I think it would be better without the steel plating.

AvIrzy6CEAARAGo.jpg

I'm waiting for the day Arkansas decides to stop abusing the fill tool and actually come up with a uniform design. At least their previous look had beautiful road jerseys. These are just bland and boring. And they even have unfitting gradient unmbers to boot.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

AvIrzy6CEAARAGo.jpg

TCU's jerseys are fitting better in that picture or something. look how the seem comes under the armpit, not off the shoulder, or running into the shoulder. i dont know, it just looks like the Razorback guys' jerseys are too small. maybe its something that can be fixed with proper tailoring/sizing

The two jerseys are different cuts. The ones TCU are wearing in the photo have actual set-in sleeves with an elastic cuff, which is why the seam comes underneath the armpit and makes the colored sleeve look somewhat respectable, or at least like the intended function of a design decision. The Arkansas players are wearing the lineman cut. It doesn't have set-in sleeves, just elastic-cuffed armholes and a semicircle insert that is supposed to pass as a sleeve. This type of jersey looks real stupid when the 'sleeves' are a different color than the body.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived