2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

I'd suspect the Sugar Bowl would take the loser of Bama/Georgia.

They likely will if Florida loses to Florida State. I just don't see the Sugar Bowl passing up a possible 11-1 Florida for a 2 loss Alabama or Georgia. But if Notre Dame loses to USC and Florida beats Florida State then I think Florida will be playing Alabama or Georgia for the BCS title.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They likely will if Florida loses to Florida State. I just don't see the Sugar Bowl passing up a possible 11-1 Florida for a 2 loss Alabama or Georgia. But if Notre Dame loses to USC and Florida beats Florida State then I think Florida will be playing Alabama or Georgia for the BCS title.

Don't forget LSU either. If Florida loses, LSU would probably end up ranked higher than the Gators or the Bama/UGA loser.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Don't forget LSU either. If Florida loses, LSU would probably end up ranked higher than the Gators or the Bama/UGA loser.

Right. If Florida loses I think the Sugar will ultimately take LSU over the Bama/Georgia loser.

Well, it'll be a miracle if Florida wins this game now.

Easy, tiger. Florida is just down 4 with six minutes to go. The Gators can easily win this one without needing a miracle.

I can't help it. Irrationality absolutely takes over in these kinds of games for me. This is why I created my Twitter in the first place. I almost never use it otherwise.

spacer.png

Good luck to Ohio State in their bowl game...oh wait nevermind

Boy that Gator Bowl last year sure was worth it.

Last season, no one thought Ohio State was going to be very good this season. That's why they decided to remain eligible for a bowl game last year. I'm sure if anyone had even an inkling that this team would go 12-0, it would have been a different decision. No one saw this coming.

You don't even have to be very good to finish better than last year's OSU team. Game theory relative to Ohio State alone dictates self-impose now rather than play and lose in a 3rd rate Florida Bowl Game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What the happens if.

Notre Dame loses, Stanford wins, Florida loses.

By all purposes you have eliminated Notre Dame, and does a one loss Oregon without a Conference championship have enough steam to get to South Beach? Or does Kansas State, Florida State have enough leeway to play Bama or Georgia.

You'd think in that scenario. Oregon goes.

Edit: Doesn't matter now.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

@ Gary and GFB - Seems as if we've gone and beaten Michigan....again. That's 9 of the last 11.

OSU1-2.jpg

Sorry about that, fellas. Maybe next year? B)

This one was a tough one. After a pretty good first half, I have no idea what the hell they were trying to do on offense. Michigan was gashing Ohio State on the edge in the first half, and they start trying to jam the ball down the middle of the OSU defense in the second? Where were the Denard/Gardner double sets? Instead, it was Denard for runs, Gardner for passes. So predictable.

You got us this year, but anyone who thinks that OSU is going back to dominance over Michigan just because Urban Meyer is there is dead wrong. In fact, this feels like the start of a new 10 Year War.

A Possible BCS scenario

Championship: Alabama (12-1) vs. Florida (11-1)

Sugar Bowl: Notre Dame (11-1) vs. Clemson (11-1)

Rose Bowl: Stanford (11-2) vs. Nebraska (11-2)

Fiesta Bowl: Kansas State (11-1) vs. Oregon (11-1)

Orange Bowl: Florida State (11-2) vs. Louisville (10-2)

As a fan of an SEC team. I could care less who we'd be playing, if we get there.

But all of the games, look amazing.

Here's to a Notre Dame victory!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I've got no clue how good this Max Wittek kid is, but to hell with it...

PREDICTION: Southern Cal 27, Notre Dame 23

Agreed. Notre Dame blowing it is always a good prediction.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Who would move their family from Connecticut all the way to friggin California just because their 15-year old son was pretty good at football? .....Anyone?

Someone who wants their kid to get a full-ride scholarship to a prestigious university...?

Of course, I get that's why they did that. But it still seems incredibly extreme, borderline insane.

6uXNWAo.png

You don't even have to be very good to finish better than last year's OSU team. Game theory relative to Ohio State alone dictates self-impose now rather than play and lose in a 3rd rate Florida Bowl Game.

Well, that's not how it played out. So now what?

BB52Big.jpg

Archived