Best goalie mask of all time?

johnnysama

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

leblanc.jpg

Ray Le Blanc with one of the early Wolves masks.

maracle.jpg

Norm Maracle was a member in teh early days of the Wolves AHL lives. He is Part Native American and has images honoring his heritage. Including warriors jumping over the skyline of Chicago with a wolf on either side and a skull of a steer on the forehead that was used from a tattoo he has.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Okay, I can make out Eric Claption -- but Richard Marx? Ehh. That's cool, I guess.

I think it's meant to be Robert Plant. I'm actually more a fan of the color scheme in the whole mask than the illustrations (the chin guard is my favorite part).

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

I remember when he was with the Hawks found pix of that mask and pix from Buffalo and Ottawa also

chicagomask.jpgLLLALLAL.jpg

His Penguins mask was phenomenal, too.

patrick_lalime_4.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Mike Liut, Cincinnati Stingers. There's a whole lotta badass going on in this pic.

cb2.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I remember when he was with the Hawks found pix of that mask and pix from Buffalo and Ottawa also

chicagomask.jpgLLLALLAL.jpg

His Penguins mask was phenomenal, too.

patrick_lalime_4.jpg

that baby penguin mask is definitely a cool mask. it looks cute, but remember,this egg is probably angry because he can't find his mommy.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I've always love Josh Harding's masks.

josh-harding.jpg

Paying homage to his roots as a kid playing pond hockey with his friends.

30-josh-harding.jpg

Paying tribute to the Ottawa Fire Department who put out a fire in the Wild's equipment truck, which destroyed all of the goalie gear a few years ago.

wild_goalie_josh_hardings_mask_honors_hockeys_tragedies2.jpg

Tribute to his recently deceased grandmother Rose.

All of those are fantastic. I especially like the pond hockey one.

The pond one is nice, but ironic considering that he grew up in Regina, in the middle of the bald-a** prairie (my home town). Not too many naturally pine trees around there! :)

here are my favorite masks modern and vintage

dan-bouchard.jpg

Who's the Flames goalie? Can't find out.

Daniel Bouchard

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 3 weeks later...

Archived